Outerlimits Building Offshore Racing Cat

Notices

Outerlimits Building Offshore Racing Cat

Old 11-23-2014, 10:29 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,745 Likes on 1,233 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete B
who is the owner?? as well are their intentions to race SBI or Race in the new organazation?? as they promise TV and Money.
As noted in the story, that information is not available. Yet.
Old 11-23-2014, 10:48 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If Curtis is building the boat for himself Pete, thats a given ...lol
Old 11-23-2014, 10:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pete B
who is the owner?? as well are their intentions to race SBI or Race in the new organazation?? as they promise TV and Money.
Pete I have heard rumors of the TV , but nothing about money yet. I guess who ever buys the boat will decide if he wants to race with SBI and 8 or 9 other boats also with net work TV or for the just TV?

I'm sure Steve will put a great program together but its almost impossible for anyone to decide with no info such as management, shedule, entry fee, prize money, medical, rule book, tech inspection, and even classes. The SBI Superboat class isnt even in the APBA rule book but I guess they could just copy the SBI rule book and make it theirs. I believe they still have the original 750 cat class rules?

Last edited by Xtremeracing; 11-23-2014 at 11:01 AM.
Old 11-23-2014, 11:07 AM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,725 Likes on 3,793 Posts

Not to steal your thunder, but I am sure that once team Qatar was uninvited from KW, most teams that have interest in the other organization went "silence Mode" as not to have issues in KW. with that gone we can sit back and watch as the hands are played out, in Feb some teams are crossing the pond to play. When and if this new group gets moving is to be seen. as for the new boat find out who's it is and then more will be determined.
Old 11-23-2014, 11:43 AM
Registered

I agree time will tell.
Old 11-23-2014, 12:07 PM
Registered

One other thing u have to take in account is that the Cup race was also scheduled for last yr and never happened. At first it was Xtreme class and SB class and didnt seem like any takers. Then in Clearwater they said SS and SV. Teams showing interest and actually going are 2 different things there where alot of issues. Teams checked and there personal medical insurance and some personal life insurance didnt cover us out of the US. Another was theft to our equipment being shipped either way. Big concern was getting the boats back in time for the 2014 scheduled at that time, no one could get a firm date. Teams that were interested on racing for a National Championship were concerned. The list goes on not that its a bad thing just a lot more concern then most of the fan on here take into account when they post.

I hear it is beautiful in Qatar and the racing is amazing, but my question is if that is true WHY is Qatar racing in the US and not there? I hear they have some amazing racing in Class 1?
Old 11-23-2014, 06:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 68 Likes on 32 Posts

Maybe Doc is going to campaign a SMB cat....
Old 11-23-2014, 07:06 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,725 Likes on 3,793 Posts

well it might surprise all of us watching from the sidelines, of the teams that end up going this year be it 1 or 20, I wish them all the luck and everything goes smooth for them, I have attended a Class 1 race as well as X-cat and it is a great time and was treated very well.
Old 11-23-2014, 08:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Xtremeracing

I hear it is beautiful in Qatar and the racing is amazing, but my question is if that is true WHY is Qatar racing in the US and not there? I hear they have some amazing racing in Class 1?
The world is bigger than your region and the middle east is an incredible place to visit.
Race teams tend to move around to other locations to compete for a variety of reasons, just like some race teams make decisions to change classes, and build new boats on occasion.

Doing the same thing over and over again can tend to get rather mundane. Nothing is more constant in life than change.
Old 11-23-2014, 10:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a question here. I don't know how to write. How many cats have blown over with straight serfice drives compared to our drives that are serfice drives. I ask because outdrives have lift on the hull. Do you get my ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.