Charter Member

This is my rig.
Attached Thumbnails
Damn it is raining-fuel-stop3.jpg  
Old 09-01-2002, 09:14 PM
Registered

My Boats: 1985 Chris Craft- Chris Cat

Dock Holiday

Yes that is Barry. The Local lake Slut Weren't you at Christians party last Sunday? I thougt I remember your boat there.
Old 09-01-2002, 09:21 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Yes, we were there and had a BLAST.

We were tied up on Barry's starboard side and had a big cruiser on the other side.

It was a real ***** getting out of there. When Barry cut us loose he dropped one of our lines in the water and I got it around the port drive. So the wind is up, two hundred boats are leaving at once and I have one engine and way too many beers.

Got out behind Governers Island, jumped in and cut it loose, then we hauled ass to Mid Towne before the rain hit hard.

It does not look like we will be there tomorrow. I would like to but not sure about this weather? What time do you guys plan to put in tomorrow?

Mark
Old 09-01-2002, 09:22 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

My Boats: 2002 Cigarette Gladiator (Race)

Hey Dock Holiday, That rig looks real sweet! I am thinking about selling my 2001 f250 crew cab,4x4 and i think i am gonna get a dually. I was just wondering how do you like yours?
Old 09-01-2002, 09:35 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Bobby,

I wish I had bought one a long time ago. I never knew how much I would like it. The wife wants us to drive it everywhere we go now. Went to a really upscale resturant last night and drove the dually.

It will loose traction and spin the rear wheels in some situations when not loaded, but never with a load. It does not move at all on the highway when a big rig goes by and really rides well considering. Not a single time have I had to put it in 4x4.

I have seen 16.8 MPG not towing going to Myrtle Beach and back. Towing is around 11.3 to 11.5 MPG based on the on board computer.

We added a combination fuel cell/tool box in the bed that holds 50 gallons. I pulled the boat (11,500lbs) to the coast and back (550 miles), drove to work all the next week, 44 miles round trip,
and still had fuel left.

As for power, it has all I need. I don't push to hard when pulling a heavy load, so I don't plan on adding a chip or anything.

A very good friend of mine, David "Vargant Twins", is at LOTO this weekend testing a new black thunder. The dealer pulled it to the lake with the exact same truck, color and everything at 85 MPH yesterday.

Dave called be on the way to the lake to tell me I had one hell of a truck.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Mark
Old 09-01-2002, 09:44 PM
Registered

Dock Holiday

We will be there around 11am depending on weather. That is if Barry dosen't have to many at the Rusty Rudder tonight. Its supposed to be partly cloudy with a high of only 81.
Old 09-01-2002, 09:52 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Flashback
Dock Holiday

Yes that is Barry. The Local lake Slut Weren't you at Christians party last Sunday? I thougt I remember your boat there.
Lake Slut! LOL

Wait till I see that slut.

Do you know if they had the big raftup that was planned for today?

Funny, but the first time I met Barry was at the Rusty Rudder. He lives life to the fullest.

I may have to reconsider going to the lake tomorrow. I would be just crazy enough to go now. We can overnight on ours easy.

Damn, what to do, go now, in the morning or go to the office as planned? This sucks.

They are having an antique boat show tomorrow on the lake I believe at Queens. I always look forward to that.

Hopefully we will see you out there tomorrow.

Mark
Old 09-01-2002, 10:35 PM
Registered

Dock Holiday

Yes he's a lake slut and he knows it Barry is at the lake every weekend scoping for chicks. He lets it hang out to the fullest. Great guy though. We have a good time strollin the lake at WOT.

They canceled the raft up and moved the party to the Rusty Rudder.

Tomorrow is Labor Day! People are not supposed to labor on this day. So take the day off and go boating.

Oh! I forgot to say earlier, Great looking setup. What kind of power do you have in the 36? You gotta love the F350 dually. I have one as well. Has better stabality when towin down curvy roads and turns.
Old 09-01-2002, 10:48 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Flashback
Dock Holiday

Tomorrow is Labor Day! People are not supposed to labor on this day. So take the day off and go boating.

Oh! I forgot to say earlier, Great looking setup. What kind of power do you have in the 36? You gotta love the F350 dually. I have one as well. Has better stabality when towin down curvy roads and turns.
Flashback,

I agree, the wife doesn't know it yet, because she is already asleep, but we will leave the house in the morning around 8:00am with the boat in tow, stop at the office in Satesville for about two hours of much needed office time and then on to the lake.

If all goes well we will probably put in before you guys. My Gates Rubber rep lives on the lake and I have promised if we did get out this weekend to stop by and give his 12 year old son a ride.

The boat has 500 EFI's with Bravo XZ drives and 26 pitch 4-blade props. We really have it loaded down and the best I have seen is 72 MPH. But it has handled every type of water conditions we have seen. Were at the coast three weeks ago and the rollers coming in at the jetties in Charleston were big. A friend could not believe how well it rode, flew and the soft landings. So far except for a headliner problem, I am really happy with the boat.

As for the truck, it is great. The wife drives a V-10 Excursion, but I have not pulled the boat behind it yet. Just a good backup vehicle if we needed it. The truck does too good a job.

We will look for you guys tomorrow.

Mark
Old 09-02-2002, 10:28 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

My Boats: 2002 Cigarette Gladiator (Race)

Hey Dock Holiday, Thanks for all the info on the truck. I think i will buy one as soon as i can sell my f250. I have a couple of people interested in it. I would diffenatly like to see them come up with the money. And what size gears do you have in it? And not to be too nosey could i ask what the truck cost you? Thanks Bobby