Question About IMCO and CMI Parts When Figuring Sale Price >

Question About IMCO and CMI Parts When Figuring Sale Price

Notices

Question About IMCO and CMI Parts When Figuring Sale Price

Old 11-28-2014, 12:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank Ken for the kind words!

We don't know what we're going to do. Since moving to Houston a year ago we only had the boat out twice, once on Clear Lake and once on Lake Norfork in AR. We only had it in the saltwater once since moving to Houston for a few hours and that was actually enough for us and this boat, salt was everywhere and as anal as we are with this boat it will just not be fun. We are also VERY spoiled coming from the lakes of SW Missouri and NW Arkansas and sadly we're not really embracing the boating our new city has too offer. Heading west to Austin is an option, but there are just so many people and boats all around these cities we simply miss going to our cove, dropping anchor and not seeing or hearing anyone or anything all day.

The other problem I have with our move is where we are storing our boat. I was VERY lucky to find a place that had a 40' storage garage open, there are waiting lists everywhere to store boats inside. The storage unit is, on a good day, 30 minutes from our current home that requires a drive down I-45 and no mater what time of the day there is always traffic (and forget about the weekends!) which can easily turn it into a hour drive. So, on a good day we have an hours worth of a drive round trip just to get back where we started to head north or west to the lakes. This is a far cry from being 10 minutes away from our old home and in the right direction for the lakes we visited. And our new home's location will not be any better come this spring.

If we decide to get back into a boat it'll be a used 30'-35' center console with twins so that we can head out into the Gulf, we'd probably enjoy that. But then again we're back to square one trying to find a place to store it indoors. But on the plus side with a basic CC we can just hose and go rather than trying to manage the upkeep of our current boat.

So there it is in a nut shell and I am not holding my breath that it'll sell anytime soon.

Last edited by TW720HVY; 11-28-2014 at 12:48 PM.