Forecast 2015: Scott Sjogren—Pier 57 Marine >

Forecast 2015: Scott Sjogren—Pier 57 Marine

Notices

Forecast 2015: Scott Sjogren—Pier 57 Marine

Old 12-01-2014, 11:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DirtyMoney
The trend I have noticed is similar to the Hooters girl progress "White shorts , Orange shorts, No shorts". I have seen V-bottom to Cat to Center Console. Let's face it we get tired of turning wrenches and spending money. My only problem right now is the center consoles I want are out of the price range I am comfortable with until they get some time on them so I will stick to Cruiser and V bottom.
Turning wrenches and spending money, we understand that.

Don't worry, as this market gets bigger and matures, there will be more boats at different price points and then the market will grow again and or more. Right now, we are in the infant stages still of building the performance/luxury CC market so there is not a lot out there to choose from.
Old 12-01-2014, 11:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
This was from Scott in the article "I also think there's an opportunity for event organizers with the performance center console market. It's getting big enough now where someone could put on a center console-only poker run or regatta—there are enough of them out there now. It would be a good way of getting together people who have similar interests."

I think you could get enough boats for a CC only run. However, I think the people that are buying them now are peers with the traditional fast-boat owners. They have waited until the CCs could run close enough in speed to make the same runs and hang with the same crowd. They want the variety. And it goes in the reverse for the guys that like to tie up to their buddy's cat or send the wife/gf on a more relaxed trip with the same destination.
Yes, you are correct and it won't be long before performance CC's hit 90+, maybe even MIAMI this year.

The CC's have a lot of amenities, hold their value well, IE: look how many NT CC's have been built and how few used ones there are. I have not even seen a used MTI yet and very few used Statements and only a handful of Cigs.

People love the ease of use, warranty, fuel (octane), insurance, resale, etc. Now all MFG need to keep going after the luxury SUV side and offer more amenities. The hard fish boat buyer is always going to want something different, I am just referring to luxury CC's. If you saw the MTI's at Key West, they really stood apart from the rest with their fuller paint jobs. The first thing I said when I saw the champagne one was, that should be tied up to that Pershing.
Old 12-02-2014, 04:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The CC boat is still a fishing boat, the lipstick won't change a thing, weed wackers with no growl and no speed to compare to a true performance boat, most people can't afford to hang a least 3 engines on the back and run them, cost of fuel and high oil consumption from the tank must be taken into account, as to not many used on the market, there are plenty in Florida for sale including one of your competitors here, just go to boat trader and Fountains, Donzi, etc are cheap.
Old 12-02-2014, 04:34 PM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by harleyeater
The CC boat is still a fishing boat, the lipstick won't change a thing, weed wackers with no growl and no speed to compare to a true performance boat, most people can't afford to hang a least 3 engines on the back and run them, cost of fuel and high oil consumption from the tank must be taken into account, as to not many used on the market, there are plenty in Florida for sale including one of your competitors here, just go to boat trader and Fountains, Donzi, etc are cheap.
A. Some of these CC's are faster today than go fast boats from 15 years ago and use less HP to do it
B. No new CC's have 2 strokes/oil consumption is a non-issue
C. Some new performance CC's don't have a single rod holder or fish box
Old 12-02-2014, 05:00 PM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by harleyeater
I'm pretty sure 3 verado 300's cost less than the 2 mercury 540 bravo setups and use less fuel and probably outperforms.
Old 12-07-2014, 12:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pier57.com
Yes, you are correct and it won't be long before performance CC's hit 90+, maybe even MIAMI this year.

The CC's have a lot of amenities, hold their value well, IE: look how many NT CC's have been built and how few used ones there are. I have not even seen a used MTI yet and very few used Statements and only a handful of Cigs.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o59968-en.html

spoke too soon!
Old 12-07-2014, 12:45 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,748 Likes on 1,234 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
A. Some of these CC's are faster today than go fast boats from 15 years ago and use less HP to do it
B. No new CC's have 2 strokes/oil consumption is a non-issue
C. Some new performance CC's don't have a single rod holder or fish box
If you replaced "Some" with "Most" in category C your list would be perfectly correct .
Old 12-07-2014, 12:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
If you replaced "Some" with "Most" in category C your list would be perfectly correct .
So I was off by one letter......change the "E" to a "T" and rearrange the letters!
Old 12-07-2014, 01:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pier57.com

People love the ease of use, warranty, fuel (octane), insurance, resale, etc. Now all MFG need to keep going after tnhe luxury SUV side and offer more amenities. The hard fish boat buyer is always going to want something different, I am just referring to luxury CC's. If you saw the MTI's at Key West, they really stood apart from the rest with their fuller paint jobs. The first thing I said when I saw the champagne one was, that should be tied up to that Pershing.

While I'm not disagreeing with anything in this post, I don't get why anyone wants to run 70, let alone 90 in a CC. To each their own. I own a new CC that runs about 72 maxed out, and we enjoy it to about 50-55. Above that and its way too windy. I've been on every brand out there, they are all this way.
Old 12-07-2014, 09:08 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I anticipate the humans that are affairs them now are aeon with the acceptable fast-boat owners.