Sunsation Nation does Hawaii >

Sunsation Nation does Hawaii

Notices

Sunsation Nation does Hawaii

Old 12-23-2014, 09:22 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank

AZ Boater, who do you have to service your boat or god forbid fix it of something happens mechanical? I understand good merc mechanics are few and far between and then if you think boat mechanics are slow on the mainland , I could only imagine having to deal with. "Hawaiian time".
Tank, you highlight the biggest challenge in keeping a boat here. Good merc shops are not easy to find. I have a few independent mechanics that I've interviewed and will use them if I must. I had the boat serviced by a great merc mechanic in Texas before I shipped her over. Now I do my own scheduled maintenance and with the Rinda scan tool, I've caught a few problems before they became a big deal. I'll ship the boat back to the Mainland in few years, so for now I am getting maximum enjoyment out of it.
That "Hawaiian time" thing is very frustrating and you have to factor it into just about anything you need done with your house/car/etc. Tough mindset to accept as a Mainland transplant.
Old 12-24-2014, 01:02 AM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by AZ Boater
Tank, you highlight the biggest challenge in keeping a boat here. Good merc shops are not easy to find. I have a few independent mechanics that I've interviewed and will use them if I must. I had the boat serviced by a great merc mechanic in Texas before I shipped her over. Now I do my own scheduled maintenance and with the Rinda scan tool, I've caught a few problems before they became a big deal. I'll ship the boat back to the Mainland in few years, so for now I am getting maximum enjoyment out of it.
That "Hawaiian time" thing is very frustrating and you have to factor it into just about anything you need done with your house/car/etc. Tough mindset to accept as a Mainland transplant.
Yea , the Hawaiian time thing gets freaking old! But you're living it up and boating in a destination only few can even dream of. Sh!t, I was practically raised on the big island and have been into offshore boating since I was 11. But still have never been able to put the two together. Always wanted to drag a boat over there, just could never make it happen.

Keep the pics coming. Looks like a blast!!
Old 01-29-2015, 11:56 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
Yea , the Hawaiian time thing gets freaking old! But you're living it up and boating in a destination only few can even dream of. Sh!t, I was practically raised on the big island and have been into offshore boating since I was 11. But still have never been able to put the two together. Always wanted to drag a boat over there, just could never make it happen.

Keep the pics coming. Looks like a blast!!
Here is the latest video from winter boating on the island

http://youtu.be/bYw6qAmNi2U