Is their a boat that meets some of my requests >

Is their a boat that meets some of my requests

Notices

Is their a boat that meets some of my requests

Old 12-14-2014, 07:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is their a boat that meets some of my requests

We are thinking about buying a boat and the wife has some requests and since my love and passion is racing cars, i would like a some power and nice looks.

- 26' to 30'
- weekend boat not for long trips, may be a sleep over here and there
- possibility of pulling my son on a tube (not a major request)
- my request, sleek looking, throaty, not a boring cruiser

We would be on the Long Island Sound if that makes a difference.

Thanks
Old 12-14-2014, 07:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's your price range? I'm on the Long Island sound also. I have a 35 fountain and a 22 velocity . The 35 can handle some of the rough stuff the sound can offer and has a really nice cabin. A good family boat. Bathroom is good if your a midgets but who cares it goes fast . I know of a couple boat for sale at the moment so let me know your price range. When I was looking before I got the fountain there was a 30' sonic diablo in free port I was looking at.
Old 12-14-2014, 07:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Drew555
What's your price range? I'm on the Long Island sound also. I have a 35 fountain and a 22 velocity . The 35 can handle some of the rough stuff the sound can offer and has a really nice cabin. A good family boat. Bathroom is good if your a midgets but who cares it goes fast . I know of a couple boat for sale at the moment so let me know your price range. When I was looking before I got the fountain there was a 30' sonic diablo in free port I was looking at.
Thanks, im figuring 50k to 100k , you think that budget would work?
Old 12-14-2014, 07:31 PM
Registered

That a good price range. I can tell you this, if you get a 30' boat you will wish you had a 35. If you get a 35' you will wish you had a 38'. If I could give you my honest opinion I would say look for a 388 hustler. I couldn't swing the money. But you can get a really nice one for around 80-100 k. It's your best bang for the buck. Really nice boat. 38 may sound big but it's not so bad to drive.
Old 12-14-2014, 07:33 PM
Registered

Thanks, how do these boats ride, i have been on cruisers with and without fly bridges, sport fish and runabouts, , with the narrow beam are they rough like a sports car or will the fam be comfortable
Old 12-14-2014, 07:38 PM
Registered

I have a family of 6. Me my wife and 4 boys. We fit in the 35 just fine with plenty of room, the narrow beam on these boats run just fine. Maybe better than cruisers. They are built to cut the waves ant ride on top of them. I had a cruiser, it's not even close. I would never go back unless it was my second boat that I could pull up to and hang out on between speed runs
Old 12-14-2014, 07:48 PM
Registered

Thanks for the info
Old 12-14-2014, 07:49 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

I've had 14 of my own boats.....plus growing up with them in the family as a kid.

Don't spend a lot of money on a boat.......not your first one anyway. Not until you head out on the water on your own will you realize what you really want a boat to provide for you (going out with others would be even better). I've had cruisers, ski boats, go-fasts, and center console/fishing boats. I've really enjoyed each type when used for what they were made for.

BTW: I've had boats that ran almost 100. For the last couple years I've started road racing while you can't spend time with your family on the track, it is more fun!

Last edited by t500hps; 12-14-2014 at 07:54 PM.
Old 12-14-2014, 08:02 PM
Registered

Things you need to consider when your looking
1) how fast do I want to go
2) should I be going this fast?
3) if your not skilled at a performance boating stay slower
4) speed = $
5) there is a ton of upkeep expenses like headers 8000 per motor and last maybe 250 - 400 hrs
Less power more turn key reliability
Old 12-14-2014, 08:05 PM
Registered

I know a guy selling a 36 sonic with twin diesels . Nice boat and not crazy fast. It has 400 hrs on it with new trailer aluminum . These motors are fresh water cooled and should last around 4000 hrs I think he would take around 60k for it. Motors are worth 40k used plus the new trailer. It almost like you get the boat for free when you buy the motor and trailer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.