Congrats Michael,

Enjoy the NT, they build a great boat.

Scott Sjogren

MYSTIC Powerboats
www.pier57.com
Old 12-16-2014, 12:09 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats! Looking forward to seeing the build progress. Thanks for sharing.

So it's NASCAT to NASCON?
Old 12-16-2014, 12:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats
I'm curious what are your "must have options"?
Merry Christmas
Old 12-16-2014, 12:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Congrats! - Where's the renderings?!?!
Old 12-16-2014, 12:59 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I appreciate all the positive comments, I'm certainly excited about the build as well as the ownership. Without a doubt half the fun has been the hunt & pursuit of a new boat, then I'd say further educating myself about the available options & how some of the others have opted out their boats & why.

Bill63 is a proud owner of a Nor-Tech & has been a great resource for me as has Scott Sjogren, Cashbar & Pstorti. Even though they may not own Nor-tech's their industry experience & product knowledge have assisted me in the finalizing of many spec / option decisions.

Mark & John at Sportboats have helped open my eyes up to considering options & schemes I might not have had I not connected with them. I think John has an eye for designing a boat w/ eye appeal / balance when it comes to the boats overall scheme & color selections. If I'm not mistaken he was instrumental in the design & release of the Nor-Tech 344GT model (pictured below).

Erik1976- we ought to compare notes. I'd be very interested to hear about your build. Feel free to post & share on this thread.

Matt T.- my head hurts from all the homework assignments I created for myself, I can only hope that they will pay dividends in the end.

PS- for the record I will always be a Go Fast guy thru & thru so I'm certainly not down on that style of boat or boating preference, if I could I would own a variety of boats for every need but unfortunately my Powerball #'s haven't hit yet so I'm forced to choose based on practicality. My bigger fear being my OCD boating care & upkeep habits could potentially drive me to the looney bin owning more than 1 boat at a time. Such a terrible problem to have.
Attached Thumbnails From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future-344-gt-stripes-scheme.jpg  

Last edited by NASCAT; 12-17-2014 at 05:55 AM.
Old 12-16-2014, 01:21 PM
Registered

Default Rough Sketch

Unfortunately no real pencil sketch outline of a Nor-Tech 340 exists for Photoshop / design purposes so attached you'll will find my color by numbers attempt at providing you guys w/ a rendering. I'm working on a better rendering for you, PROMISE!

We aren't 100% finalized yet but it's basically a white 340 w/ a bow to stern metallic black stripe just below the rubrail & from the hulls edge up unlike your typical bootstripe - pinstripe combo. The hardtop is white on the topside but the underside & edge will also be metallic black as will the helm seat structure, console/lounger base & Frigid Rigid cooler. The hardtop tubular structure will be Satin Black as will the dash topside to reduce the glare.

The upholstery white w/ black accents
Attached Thumbnails From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future-pencil-sketch.jpg  

Last edited by NASCAT; 12-16-2014 at 01:31 PM.
Old 12-16-2014, 01:29 PM
Registered

I started down this path initially but was advised against the black hull. I pitched this concept to Nor-tech w/ the hopes it would make the 2015 Miami Boat Show but I was too late to the game.
Attached Thumbnails From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future-white-390-blk-hull-blk-nt-logo.jpg   From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future-white-390-blk-hull-wht-nt-logo.jpg   From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future-white-390-blk-hull.jpg  

Old 12-16-2014, 01:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice nascat. I'm glad u didn't listen to me with all the problems I had! Lol just kidding terry Sobo. Nortech a sweet a$$ boat. Best resell out there IMO.

Cashbar, I can't wait until we follow your build. What's it going to be? MTI, mystic, nortech, a pontoon boat? What?
Old 12-16-2014, 01:37 PM
Registered

This is a 39 Sport, everywhere you see silver in these pics will be metallic black on my boat. Keep in mind this boat has the gunwales & most of the interiors perimeter painted black whereas mine will be white. I didn't opt for PlasDeck flooring but am working closely w/ Alex at Castaway Customs on something a little less busy that will compliment the white & black interior.

Hope this gives you a better overall sense of the scheme.
Attached Thumbnails From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future-quilted-bow-seating.jpg   From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future-quilted-fixed-bench.jpg   From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future-silver-painted-cooler-helm-seating.jpg  

Last edited by NASCAT; 12-16-2014 at 03:25 PM.
Old 12-16-2014, 01:57 PM
Registered

As for the basic specs I opted for

Triple Merc 300's (I'm aware of Mercury's forthcoming release of the 350's & 400's but prefer to stick w/ the tried & true at this point, how much faster do you want to go in a CC??

Triple Bolster Helm Seating w/ center steering
Fixed Rear Bench
Modified Bow Bench Seating like a 390 (see pic)
Mercury Sport Controls (similar to Livorsi, see pic)
Dual Garmin 7612's + Merc Vessel View
Fusion / JL Audio
A/C
Sea-Dek Flooring
Attached Thumbnails From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future-pic-5-custom-bow-seating.jpg   From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future-pic-1-merc-sport-controls.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.