From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future >

From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future

Like Tree551Likes

From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future

Old 12-15-2014, 11:20 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Default From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future

Like many of my fellow OSO'ers I'm making the switch from a Go Fast to a Performance Center Console. This was a long time in the making since I had plenty of time to consider my options while my boat was for sale. I can't tell you how many times another Go Fast surfaced for sale & I was drawn in. Trading performance boats of interest classified links w/ Cashbar certainly didn't help!! No doubt I'll always be a Go Fast guy but today I see myself getting much more use & enjoyment out of the Nor-Tech 340.

I spent a good amount of time looking at center consoles at this years Miami Boat Show but once I knew my boat was sold things really kicked into to gear. Nothing beats the transition from being a boat buyer w/ a trade to being a boat buyer w/o a trade! All of a sudden my stock went way up! I spent the later part of this summer making my way up & down the east coast looking boats & educating myself before I committed to a Nor-Tech. As much as I might have liked to own a Nor-Tech I basically discounted them because I wasn't aware they even offered a 340, just the 390 which is a bit more boat than I would like to own. Initially I began my search for a pre-owned 340 but they are far & few between. Pretty amazing based on the fact there's got to be nearly 50 of them built to date in just a few years. Seems most love them & are holding on to them or have traded up to a 390. I even posted in the Nor-tech Forum hoping someone would know someone that was considering selling their 340 but maybe not advertised just yet. NOPE!!

Thanks to those of you that shared your personal Nor-Tech experiences w/ me as well as educated me on the boat, which options are MUST haves & which are LIKE to haves. The input & advice has been invaluable but none more than the suggestions that I make a trip to Fort Myers & visit the Nor-Tech facility and that's exactly what I did 2 weeks later w/ the assistance & hospitality of John Kray & Mark Bonafide of Sportboats Marine www.sportboatsmarine.com. Sportboats got me out on a customers 340 the day I arrived as well as over to the Nor-Tech factory where Cashbar & I had the chance to climb around several boats being rigged. If I'm not mistaken I believe I'm currently the record holder for most questions asked during an initial factory tour & meeting w/ Nor-tech's Sales & Marketing Director Terry Sobo. Don't believe me, ask Terry or Cashbar yourself.

Things went so well I even had enough time to visit Evolution Trailers & get out on the water courtesy of Fort Myers Offshore's Taxman.

Ultimately it took a 2nd trip to Fort Myers to seal the deal but I was pretty much sold after my first visit. I think the 2nd was just an excuse to go back & get another look with the hopes it would make the build time seem a little shorter. It obviously worked because my turn in the mold has arrived so the build process is officially under way.
Attached Thumbnails From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future-fullsizerender.jpg   From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future-100_6555.jpg   From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future-100_6561.jpg  

From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future-100_6565.jpg  
BrowardTrailer likes this.

Last edited by NASCAT; 12-16-2014 at 06:47 AM.
Old 12-15-2014, 11:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Congrats! Im sure you cant go wrong!!!
Old 12-15-2014, 11:30 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Heard this was happening ... great news, Michael. I know you did al lot of homework to reach your final decision. I also know you'll keep us posted as the build progresses. Should be a fun one to follow.
Old 12-16-2014, 12:01 AM
Registered

Good for you Michael!
Old 12-16-2014, 05:44 AM
Registered

Congrats Nascat. Can't wait to follow the build
Old 12-16-2014, 06:16 AM
Registered

You'll enjoy the center console no doubt. You can also do what many of us do...... 2 boats maybe 5 like me. Have fun with your build!
Old 12-16-2014, 06:50 AM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Congrats!!!!
Old 12-16-2014, 07:00 AM
Registered

Way to go! Got any graphics renderings? How many hanging on the transom?
Old 12-16-2014, 07:06 AM
Registered

Awesome, Congratz!!
Old 12-16-2014, 07:24 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Congrats on the new boat!

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

OSO Advertiser