From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future >

From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future

Notices

From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future

Old 12-15-2014, 10:20 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future

Like many of my fellow OSO'ers I'm making the switch from a Go Fast to a Performance Center Console. This was a long time in the making since I had plenty of time to consider my options while my boat was for sale. I can't tell you how many times another Go Fast surfaced for sale & I was drawn in. Trading performance boats of interest classified links w/ Cashbar certainly didn't help!! No doubt I'll always be a Go Fast guy but today I see myself getting much more use & enjoyment out of the Nor-Tech 340.

I spent a good amount of time looking at center consoles at this years Miami Boat Show but once I knew my boat was sold things really kicked into to gear. Nothing beats the transition from being a boat buyer w/ a trade to being a boat buyer w/o a trade! All of a sudden my stock went way up! I spent the later part of this summer making my way up & down the east coast looking boats & educating myself before I committed to a Nor-Tech. As much as I might have liked to own a Nor-Tech I basically discounted them because I wasn't aware they even offered a 340, just the 390 which is a bit more boat than I would like to own. Initially I began my search for a pre-owned 340 but they are far & few between. Pretty amazing based on the fact there's got to be nearly 50 of them built to date in just a few years. Seems most love them & are holding on to them or have traded up to a 390. I even posted in the Nor-tech Forum hoping someone would know someone that was considering selling their 340 but maybe not advertised just yet. NOPE!!

Thanks to those of you that shared your personal Nor-Tech experiences w/ me as well as educated me on the boat, which options are MUST haves & which are LIKE to haves. The input & advice has been invaluable but none more than the suggestions that I make a trip to Fort Myers & visit the Nor-Tech facility and that's exactly what I did 2 weeks later w/ the assistance & hospitality of John Kray & Mark Bonafide of Sportboats Marine www.sportboatsmarine.com. Sportboats got me out on a customers 340 the day I arrived as well as over to the Nor-Tech factory where Cashbar & I had the chance to climb around several boats being rigged. If I'm not mistaken I believe I'm currently the record holder for most questions asked during an initial factory tour & meeting w/ Nor-tech's Sales & Marketing Director Terry Sobo. Don't believe me, ask Terry or Cashbar yourself.

Things went so well I even had enough time to visit Evolution Trailers & get out on the water courtesy of Fort Myers Offshore's Taxman.

Ultimately it took a 2nd trip to Fort Myers to seal the deal but I was pretty much sold after my first visit. I think the 2nd was just an excuse to go back & get another look with the hopes it would make the build time seem a little shorter. It obviously worked because my turn in the mold has arrived so the build process is officially under way.
Attached Thumbnails From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future-fullsizerender.jpg   From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future-100_6555.jpg   From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future-100_6561.jpg  

From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future-100_6565.jpg  

Last edited by NASCAT; 12-16-2014 at 05:47 AM.
Old 12-15-2014, 10:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 367 Likes on 246 Posts

Congrats! Im sure you cant go wrong!!!
Old 12-15-2014, 10:30 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,731 Likes on 1,225 Posts

Heard this was happening ... great news, Michael. I know you did al lot of homework to reach your final decision. I also know you'll keep us posted as the build progresses. Should be a fun one to follow.
Old 12-15-2014, 11:01 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

Good for you Michael!
Old 12-16-2014, 04:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats Nascat. Can't wait to follow the build
Old 12-16-2014, 05:16 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

You'll enjoy the center console no doubt. You can also do what many of us do...... 2 boats maybe 5 like me. Have fun with your build!
Old 12-16-2014, 05:50 AM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats!!!!
Old 12-16-2014, 06:00 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Way to go! Got any graphics renderings? How many hanging on the transom?
Old 12-16-2014, 06:06 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome, Congratz!!
Old 12-16-2014, 06:24 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Congrats on the new boat!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.