From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future >

From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future

Notices

From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future

Old 01-05-2015, 03:59 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

Erik, not to hijack, but did you have any problems with the Renegade or just moving up?
Old 01-05-2015, 05:10 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
Is there an insert that gets added to the longer to give the reclined version we saw at the factory? I thought you had opted for the newer version.
If you are referring to this boats lounger the answer is NO & I did a variation of it. This boats berth is quite a bit smaller due to the shape of the lounger & addition of the bow bench seating which I didn't like. My lounger F/G structure will be standard height, remain flat on top but be shortened to accommodate the bow bench seating.

What I did during my last visit was sit on a boat under constructions lounger, have a measurement taken to where the bottom of my foot lays that we identified as being the amount the lounger could be shortened to accommodate the bow bench seating. I believe we shortened it 13" & my heels don't hang over (I'm 5' 10", 32" inseam). I also asked that we maintain a 16-18" walkway between the lounger & bow benches similar to the width of the transom walk thru. This is to be accomplished by cutting the lounger & possibly the bench corners on 45* angles.

I felt like the slope that was built into this lounger structure pictured was too aggressive & as I said sacrificed allot of cabin space. In a discussion w/ SportBoats Marine & Nils, Nor-Tech will use contoured foam on the lounger base to create that lumbar support under the knees as opposed to custom building into the F/G itself. I don't think you need much to give one a stronger sense of being set in the seat in comparison to the standard flat lounger Nor-tech has offered to date.

I've tried to build and expand upon all the great ideas that others have implemented into their builds but I'm sure I'll leave something on the table that another customer will envision as if it were a no brainer, at which point I'll feel like an IDIOT for not realizing myself.

Hope I answered your question & this helps you better understand the path we are taking w/ my particular build.
Attached Thumbnails From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future-blue-340-lounger.jpg   From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future-blue-340-bow-seating.jpg   From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future-sb3.jpg  

Last edited by NASCAT; 01-05-2015 at 05:12 PM.
Old 01-05-2015, 05:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Are you painting the helm/lounge to match the hull sides or boot stripe? I highly recommend that. Really adds to the look of the interior.

Keep the pics coming!
Yes sir, the underside of the hard top, the other modules you see pictured in posts 144-146 + the Frigid Rigid Cooler will all be Metallic Black to match the boot stripes. I was concerned about them being hot but I was assured that the vertical surfaces won't really get hot like that + the upholstery seating surfaces will be white. Keep in mind the hard top shadows many of those painted F/G surfaces once the sun is overhead.

The actual color is called Brilliant Black Metallic is the color we paint Jimmie Johnson's Kobalt #48 race car with. The dash top gets a matte non-glare clear coat over it & the actual tubular Hard Top structure is powde rcoated satin black (shinier than a matte or flat finish but not glossy)

Last edited by NASCAT; 01-05-2015 at 05:23 PM.
Old 01-05-2015, 06:46 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Make sure you have grab handles otherr than the T-Top. Painted pipework gets scratched and chipped for people with jewelery holding on.
Old 01-05-2015, 06:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Double Rigged
Make sure you have grab handles otherr than the T-Top. Painted pipework gets scratched and chipped for people with jewelery holding on.
Good advice Ron. Most hard tops are powder coated these days so regardless of the color the problem exists. I'm told the satin black touches up easier, time will tell.

I might have to modify my "No Shoes Please" decal to read "No Shoes or Jewelry per the Captain"
Old 01-05-2015, 07:53 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The entire cock pit was painted in my hustler...you didn't get on that boat with jewelry.
Old 01-05-2015, 08:23 PM
Registered

ManLaw!
Old 01-05-2015, 08:46 PM
Charter Member #37 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats on the new ride. Glad to see you will be doing some real boating Ha. Bahamas here we come!!

C. P. B. A. Carolina Power Boat Assoc
Old 01-05-2015, 08:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by vagrant
Congrats on the new ride. Glad to see you will be doing some real boating Ha. Bahamas here we come!!
Definitely looking forward to that trip & getting it checked off the bucket list!
Old 01-06-2015, 06:42 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 35 Likes on 18 Posts

No problems with the renegade, it's a great boat and I love it. Just want an open bow boat that still retains a cabin for the kids. My good friend is the Canadian dealer and he treated me really well on the NT as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.