From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future >

From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future

Notices

From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future

Old 02-02-2015, 09:08 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 35 Likes on 18 Posts

It's actually a really dark grey called Havana with a gold/silver stripe.
Old 02-02-2015, 02:07 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

My BAD!!
Looks sharp regardless!

I'm hearing I'll be in paint as early as tomorrow. Perfect timing, this way I can see the finished product in person next week!
Old 02-02-2015, 03:03 PM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by NASCAT
Pstorti- I could get use to boating in those waters & conditions!

Steet- I plan to have my graphics guy create a NASTECH & NASCON in the NASCAR bar font at your recommendation & see what that looks like.
Got a related question for you.....When you see the NASCARscript with REDNECKwritten in the middle, is that a compliment or insult?
Old 02-02-2015, 03:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Got a related question for you.....When you see the NASCARscript with REDNECKwritten in the middle, is that a compliment or insult?
Can't say I've EVER seen such in my 20+ yrs.

If I saw one I certainly wouldn't take it personally.

I own a T-shirt that says DeadBull w/ the RedBull logo upside down. I thought it was unique so I bought one, beyond that it means nothing to me!
Old 02-02-2015, 03:12 PM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

Can't say I've EVER seen such in my 20+ yrs.

If I saw one I certainly wouldn't take it personally.

I own a T-shirt that says DeadBull w/ the RedBull logo upside down. I thought it was unique so I bought one, beyond that it means nothing to me!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Redneck-Raci...00aea6&vxp=mtr

Sorry to derail a great thread!
Old 02-02-2015, 03:19 PM
Registered

88 sold among the worlds population is slightly lacking! Appears most don't think it's worth their $6.

Based on what I hear & read today if I told everyone I used to be a Military Sniper someone would have a problem with it. Bottomline is I'm used to it, so the redneck comments don't really phase me. I've been a part of 10 Championships w/ 4 different drivers in NASCAR's 3 Top Series. No shame at what I do here!
Old 02-02-2015, 03:33 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good for you Nascat. You are a class act sir. Congrats on your new ride.
Old 02-02-2015, 03:39 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've spent a lot of time with Michael - both in and out of the Hendrick Shop. These guys are anything but "Rednecks." NASA is more like it.

And I'll admit, at the beginning I didn't know how to spell NASCAR. In retrospect, the education was amazing.
Old 02-02-2015, 06:04 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

88 sold among the worlds population is slightly lacking! Appears most don't think it's worth their $6.

Based on what I hear & read today if I told everyone I used to be a Military Sniper someone would have a problem with it. Bottomline is I'm used to it, so the redneck comments don't really phase me. I've been a part of 10 Championships w/ 4 different drivers in NASCAR's 3 Top Series. No shame at what I do here!
Congrats on your new purchase. Just curious in all of your research, how did the Cig 39 or some of the others CC from say Midnight Express fair and what didn't you like about them that drove your decision with the 340. No right or wrong answer, just curious what your thoughts are on the other similar CC's.
Old 02-02-2015, 07:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Biff
Congrats on your new purchase. Just curious in all of your research, how did the Cig 39 or some of the others CC from say Midnight Express fair and what didn't you like about them that drove your decision with the 340. No right or wrong answer, just curious what your thoughts are on the other similar CC's.
Biff,

Great question & one I have 2 answers for:

Cigarette- I couldn't afford a new Cig so price point was part of the equation but I did consider a very nice low hr 39GT w/ triple 300's & a cabin. The helm is much smaller than the Nor-Tech which means the wind protection isn't as good, the Cig also didn't have any type of bow lounger nor a bench seat on the front side of the helm, just access to the head. While I realize the Cig is larger than the Nor-Tech 340 I still don't believe the hull is as efficient meaning h.p. to weight ratio wise. Unfortunately the Cigarette was missing too many of my MUST have items.

Midnight Express- I don't know anyone that owns one so my exposure to the line is quite limited. In fact I've probably only seen them at the boat show. They actually appeal to me style wise BUT no matter what size I was considering (34'-39') they all have an 11' beam. I realize the Nor-Tech has an 10' beam which is no more legal than an 11' beam boat but as a package the Nor-Tech is a much more nimble package for me to manage.

I am fairly tight w/ several who are well respected in the boating industry, one of those being Scott Sjogren. Scott is promoting & selling the new Mystic but when I asked him what he thought of all the boats I was considering (Sunsation & Statement included) Scott said I won't find a better all around package than the Nor-Tech 340. He knows b/c he used sell them & own one. Great wind protection, very dry boat & probably best in class from a hull efficiency standpoint.

On top of that the Nor-Tech 340 met more MUST have criteria than any other boat I was considering.

I realize I haven't even received my boat let alone spent the 1st hour behind the wheel but I feel very confident about my decision & am very much looking forward to taking delivery of & boating with my 340 come April.

Thanks again for the votes of approval!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.