looking for info on buying a boat overseas

Notices

looking for info on buying a boat overseas

Old 12-23-2014, 07:13 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question looking for info on buying a boat overseas

I'm exploring the option in buying a boat, one in Sweden the other is in Austria.

As I said, just exploring the option..both boats are for sale buy owners.

One would fit into a shipping container, the other would not.

How would you even find a local surveyors? would you even have them surveyed? Both are race boats and ones just a hull.

wiring money to a unknown seller is out of the question, do you have a third party hold funds?

Just looking for someone whos done this before is see if its worth the hassle.
Old 12-23-2014, 04:46 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

On S&F there are guys building boats in both locations. They may have a look (or is it one of theirs )
Old 12-23-2014, 06:06 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I shipped my boat from from the US to Sweden on trailer with a full cover with no issues, put down a deposit after looking a the boat and wired the remaining funds. The seller deliverd the boat to the port.
I don't think surveyors ar common in Europe.
Old 12-24-2014, 06:37 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With all the members on this board....and all the marinas in the us...I would think you could find a boat stateside that you could inspect in person and purchase. If you are going strictly because of the best "deal" I think that approach is riddled with heartache.
Network and look around the us...don't get in a hurry...there are tons of boats sitting being unused in the us. Not throwing rocks, just expressing my thoughts.
Old 12-24-2014, 07:29 AM
Registered

here http://www.hoeghautoliners.com/ikbVi...ainternet/home u will find a location from where u can send the Boat roll on roll off to the US. But it is more expensiv from Europa to the US than US to Europa.
Old 12-24-2014, 09:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

send certified ck .. i send it free of chg. to any destination .. i guarentee condition upon arrival .. wont cash youre ck till you get boat ... or money tranfer to offshore bank .. thans nice doing buisness with ya ... ps send all youre friends . i sell lots of boats .... run ..
Old 12-24-2014, 10:12 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by GeeterB
With all the members on this board....and all the marinas in the us...I would think you could find a boat stateside that you could inspect in person and purchase. If you are going strictly because of the best "deal" I think that approach is riddled with heartache.
Network and look around the us...don't get in a hurry...there are tons of boats sitting being unused in the us. Not throwing rocks, just expressing my thoughts.
he is looking at a specific hull that is a little more available over there at the moment
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 12-25-2014, 06:04 AM
bor
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I have done it a few time the other way ,as I live in europe .

you have to agree a price before you go upon the pics and description then go and check it out in person or have someone you can thrust to go check it for you .
I always have some phone calls and e mail chats about the boat or items I want to buy and decide from that if I thrust the seller and agree if he want a deposit to hold the boat till you come to inspect as you have to arrange flight and time to get over and not just drive down there.

However I also think you have to think when you sell your boat overseas if you let it go before you have the money in your account because what will happen when the boat arrives in the us and youre not happy whit it and pull your money ,who pay the shipping back as thats not cheap .

I have done a lot of buy s in the us from parts till complete boats and the first times where scary ,but I never had a bad deal maybe I m lucky but if my guts don t thrust I don t do .

I sold my boat to sweden and agree whit the guy that he payed half the boat upfront including the shipping cost and if he doesn t liked it that money was mine for the shipping back as he couldn t came over to inspect .
If he liked it he had to pay the truck driver the second part before unloading and that he did .

you may can contact Mange here on the board he is a very straight up guy and might can help you in sweden as he s from there .
Old 12-25-2014, 07:24 AM
Registered

Received 291 Likes on 138 Posts

Google some international escrow services, they handle the whole money part for you and it's pretty simple.
Old 12-25-2014, 07:56 PM
Registered

I might believe you could see a spead boat stateside that you could look at face to face and get.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.