Notices

Horba is in the house!!!!

Old 12-30-2014, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Horba is in the house!!!!

HORBA as many of you already know is a NON PROFIT association of a bunch of old boat racers who have two objectives:

1.) Save and restore as many of the old race boats as possible before they are left to rot or are cut up and thrown away and never seen again.

2.) Create or participate in venues where these old boats may be seen and enjoyed by the offshore performance boaters of today and tomorrow.

We have a website that tries to convey some of what we have done and plan on doing. www.historicraceboats.com It has been up for a few years and qe ar ein the process of totally redoing it.....BUT as one of us said, we were much better at rigging and racing boats than we ever were at this new fangled internet stuff. So, yes it is coming, lease be patient.

HORBA has the combined photo portfolios of Sal Magueri, who was the photographer of the 60's and early 70's........ then Ron Thibedeau who covered the 70's, 80's and a lot of the 90's.

On top of that we have the entire photo portfolio of John Crouse who covered the sport for decades and was the author of the bible of offshore racing...... SEARACE.

WE HAVE MORE THAN 100,000 PHOTOS IN TOTAL. And we hope they will be able to be seen by all in the near future.

We will have a special section on the new website devoted to the restoration of the old race boats. The most recent bot that hs been restored is the 32 foot Bertram of Vincenzo Balesteri that was called White Tornado.

Last edited by HORBA; 12-30-2014 at 10:53 AM.
Old 12-30-2014, 11:00 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I, for one, look forward to the pictures. Thank you for your work in preserving the history of this sport, it is truly an interesting, diverse history with ties to so many other "side" stories.
Old 12-30-2014, 11:11 AM
Registered

Here is the link for the 2015 Don Aronow Memorial Around Long Island race

http://nationalpowerboat.com/around-long-island-2.htm
Old 12-30-2014, 11:26 AM
Registered

Received 792 Likes on 374 Posts

Why is horba, a non profit organization posting links to a for profit organization? Sigh.
Old 12-30-2014, 12:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 1MOSES1
Why is horba, a non profit organization posting links to a for profit organization? Sigh.
Seriously?

That is your only comment or observation?

I rest my case!
Old 12-30-2014, 12:13 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HORBA
Here is the link for the 2015 Don Aronow Memorial Around Long Island race

http://nationalpowerboat.com/around-long-island-2.htm
271 miles....awesome!
Old 12-30-2014, 12:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by HORBA
Seriously?

That is your only comment or observation?

I rest my case!
Yes purchase a commercial account if you want to advertise.
Old 12-30-2014, 12:53 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Yes purchase a commercial account if you want to advertise.
You are an idiot and a cheap POS. I'm sort of thing that all your 2000+ "FREE' posts are just as stupid as this one. Many NFP org's have For Profit sponsors. HORBA and the site owner is a well respected member of the boating community, and it's further humbling for them and him to provide a link for "Profit Based" org, to spread the word of HORBA and hey event. I also know that NPB is happy to shear and provide info for HOBRA with out worry about "profit". Yet, you Moses is to cheap to pay for a Forum, based on Profit to post your idiotic comments. Keep you FREE comments to yourself.
All the Best for HORBA from my point of view. and this is MY .02
Old 12-30-2014, 01:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PARADOX
You are an idiot and a cheap POS. I'm sort of thing that all your 2000+ "FREE' posts are just as stupid as this one. Many NFP org's have For Profit sponsors. HORBA and the site owner is a well respected member of the boating community, and it's further humbling for them and him to provide a link for "Profit Based" org, to spread the word of HORBA and hey event. I also know that NPB is happy to shear and provide info for HOBRA with out worry about "profit". Yet, you Moses is to cheap to pay for a Forum, based on Profit to post your idiotic comments. Keep you FREE comments to yourself.
All the Best for HORBA from my point of view. and this is MY .02
you obviously haven't had dealings with NPBA...ill leave it at that.
Old 12-30-2014, 02:06 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

you obviously haven't had dealings with NPBA...ill leave it at that.
I have and Bill is a great guy. But this is not the place to bicker about this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.