Notices

Wags Top Cap

Old 01-05-2015, 09:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wags Top Cap

Anybody running the Wags top cap, thinking of picking it up, but would like some feedback from people using it first?
Old 01-06-2015, 07:52 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I have been to WAGS shop and checked out his stuff. He had one of his bravo's opened up for new lower gears after 2 seasons. This was his Formula 382 with 650-675HP. I believe he said they had about 200 hours on those gears. The top caps are well built and will be on my Top Gun when the deal happens.
Old 01-07-2015, 01:31 PM
Registered

Yea it looks like a nice piece, and with bearings and all installed I was told it is an unbolt the old and bolt in the new type of installation. I would imagine its way better for cooling with the water actually flowing through the cap, and dumping down the side of the case vs just pouring over the top cap.

I wonder how the water passages in the cap effect the strength vs say the teague cap that has no passenges? My only though on that is the cap keeps downward pressure more then side to side from my understanding, but not 100% on that.
Old 01-07-2015, 02:03 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Who made the top caps for TNT? The waggs look like the ones I had on my TS TopGun that said TNT custom marine
Old 01-07-2015, 03:00 PM
Registered

Endeavor - did the ones on your gun have the water passages as well?
Old 01-07-2015, 03:04 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

They are significantly stronger than the factory caps. There is additional material in the bearing area to prevent case flex under load. The water passage is above the mounting flange so there should not be any issue with cap flex. Give him a call he is always good to talk to.