Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Whatever happened to offshore go-fast boats? >

Whatever happened to offshore go-fast boats?

Notices

Whatever happened to offshore go-fast boats?

Old 01-26-2015, 02:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
I have what I want. Want to race across Lake Erie?
While trying not to spill a beer? Yes!
Old 01-26-2015, 02:39 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Someone had their cornflakes pee'd in this morning...

That groundhog can't show its mug fast enough!!
Old 01-26-2015, 02:45 PM
Registered

My wife wants to know, how women these days,find anything attractive, about these metro-sexual pussies.
Old 01-26-2015, 02:49 PM
Registered

Received 195 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
Swing and a miss pal. Nice try though.
No offense, but I see what he is saying. You are on here going on and on about getting a CC and how they will really suit your lifestyle, yet you are also elsewhere on the board expressing interest in a 38 Topgun, as well as a 33 Powerplay. Both those have less accommodations overall than your current boat and are nothing like a CC, so it is pretty easy to see where the confusion comes in, no?
Old 01-26-2015, 02:55 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by scarabman
No offense, but I see what he is saying. You are on here going on and on about getting a CC and how they will really suit your lifestyle, yet you are also elsewhere on the board expressing interest in a 38 Topgun, as well as a 33 Powerplay. Both those have less accommodations overall than your current boat and are nothing like a CC, so it is pretty easy to see where the confusion comes in, no?

Both are boats I would love to own and both were/are at a deal that would be hard to pass up.

So I understand but yes end of day a CC works and fit my life best at this time.

I will always have a love for I/o powerboats, so when a deal on a boat I love comes along it would be hard to say no. Those deals are few and far though.

The gun is gone now and the PP is still a long shot cause of time. If the PP is gone and then my boat sells, expect something along the lines of a Scarab 302.

My sonic was never a dream boat of mine. I enjoy it but am far from in love with it. It was more of a spur of the moment buy that I have regretted really. The positive there though is I got a great deal on it so I won't be losing my ass when it sells or even be in or close to in the red.

Last edited by Nate5.0; 01-26-2015 at 02:57 PM.
Old 01-26-2015, 03:56 PM
CLA
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Truth is they are everywhere!!! Was anyone at Kennys house in Kemah? Poker run in Destin? Ticfaw 200?
I was and cool hardware was everywhere. Dorks will always be selling their race cars or boats because of the wife. Nothing changes. I just think the cool guys arnt on the Internet arguing about CC.

Although I like to fish sometimes so CC have there place.
Old 01-26-2015, 06:06 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
Active Thunder makes a pretty slick o/b powered closed Vee. If I was buying brand new it would be on my list to see for sure. Has added deck room and a wrap around as well to accommodate more people with comfort.

The center console haters and outboard lovers should all quit bickering and call Pat... Combined, that's at least 50 new offshore outboard boats. Work more overtime if you have to. Pick up a second job if you have to. Just get a bunch of these out of the factory so my broke azz can buy one used in a few years!

Oh, also, please order them with huge Verados or 557's, because if it won't go 80mph, it won't be a true offshore performance boat, and all of my hard work and championing for the common good will have been in vain.
Old 01-26-2015, 06:14 PM
Registered

Received 4,326 Likes on 1,241 Posts

I think you need to pick your friends better. More friends with power boats less freeloaders that wanna use you for the day.
I don`t like my nonboating friends on the boat, they ask too many stupid questions, get too drunk, make a mess and think I`m a shuttle to deliver them to the dock or pick up more friends.
NOT HAPPENING.
Old 01-26-2015, 06:25 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
I think you need to pick your friends better. More friends with power boats less freeloaders that wanna use you for the day.
I don`t like my nonboating friends on the boat, they ask too many stupid questions, get too drunk, make a mess and think I`m a shuttle to deliver them to the dock or pick up more friends.
NOT HAPPENING.
I think this happens no matter what kind of boat you own, I know years ago the first time someone spilled a drink I got furious and made them clean it up the next and last time someone spilled one I never took a non-boater with us again, not worth it, they can stay at the dock and they're the ones' that think you're their personal tour guide, fock that.
Old 01-26-2015, 06:27 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

[ATTACH=CONFIG]536214[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Whatever happened to offshore go-fast boats?-sorry%25u00252bim%252blate%252bbelichick%252blet%252bthe%252bair%252bout%252bof%252bmy%252btires.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.