Notices

Home :( From 13 day excursion to LOTO

Old 09-03-2002, 08:52 PM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Unhappy Home :( From 13 day excursion to LOTO

WELL, I am finally home
I have to say the 12 days I was down there was awesome.
Thur. and Fri. before the shoot-out was real hot n muggy. Kinda had me worried if all week was going to be like that. Glad it was not.
I have to give so much thanks and appreciation to the Lutz Family for their generous hospitality
Thanks Kevin and Amy.
Not to mention a big thanks you to their daughter for giving up her room for me to stay.
They have probably one of the best Condo's there. Not to far a walk from either the car or the docks. Great view looking over a huge cove. Some stated they are far from the happenings, but I found it not to be a problem. And no it’s not because of the speed of the boat. More so that in either direction you go you have different places of interest. The main channel seemed calmer heading out to the lower numbered mile markers. Not sure if that is south or north
The shoot-out was great. Cannot wait to see more pics of it. If anyone has any of me I would be more then willing to send $ to cover cost of shipping etc. to have them. Or even an email would suffice
Only ran 79. Thought I would do better on Sunday with the 30 labbed props since in the morning test they proved to give me a higher speed-reading. But the radar shot 79 both days not to bad for running a total stock boat. This includes the Bimimi, ice and drinks, and everything else that has found its way into my boat. People kept telling me to take things out. ****, that would have taken an hour and not to mention the dock space to hold it all.
The Big Dicks run on the Friday before the shoot-out was incredible. Awesome waters. Great runs from everyone.
And yes I did WIMP out and did NOT shoot the minnow. I guess I am just not that much of a seafood lover grossed me out
It was nice meeting so many people but I also know I missed probably just as many or more.
Gordo and KcHotboat, thanks for the help with a marina to keep the trailer at.
Kc, thanks for the enlightened nighttime boat experience.
Funhome, thanks for the ride to my boat from the Condo. Sorry it took so much for you to find me.
Mika, sorry it took so long for us to get to you for the Big Dicks run. Glad that you were able to hook up with Gordo.
I remember 6 boats running to Big Dicks. Gordo, ATT and Tracy, Funhome and his crew, I unfortunately do not remember names of the others. I believe one was Ron S? Waterfoul and His lady showed as did slydog and his wife. More showed up after.
Wow, did we have a big group. The Bill for the main group that showed up first was over $300
Trip back was great until we got back to shooters. Then I was reminder what LOTO water was about
Sat and Sun was great for the shoot-out. Miss Bud seemed to steal the show and upset allot of people. He who has money is all I can say from that.
OK, now I am surprised no one else has mentioned BWJ and me.
From now on, my boat and myself are NOT allowed to dock at BackWater Jacks. Between last year cracking my ribs, and this year doing a Headfirst slam-dunk into the lake. Yes you heard it from me first. Was going on the front of the boat to cleat up a rope to toss to Craig, G-Force, to tie up to the dock.
The front of the bow was wet from the splash ride over from the shoot-out and off I went right between the boat and the dock. G made a great boat recovery and jumped in my boat. I am glad he was more worried about the boat then me. To end it all I am so glad the cell phone was in the boat and I had dry clothes on board.
I made another run on Monday back to Big Dicks myself; I needed a shirt NOT a minnow
Tuesday the water was almost dead calm most of the day. The locals seemed to drift out after 4pm during the week.
Was great tying up with Griff and his wife on Wed. had a chance to wipe the boat down in the water. Good conversation. Not to mention finding out a certain persons name!!!
Thur and fir was real busy for me. When I looked at my trailer tires to get 2 replacements I noticed a rear spring broke! This was the spring for the rear eyebolt.
Needless to say thur afternoon I had no luck finding what I needed. Friday I spent the morning driving to Springfield to get this, Redneck Trailers, to get new springs.
By the time I got the trailer put back together someone had blocked me in at the condo and I could not move the trailer out. Needless to say a few condo owners were upset over the weekend about it being there. It was NOT what I wanted at all. Kevin and Amy know how it bothered me and every time I wanted to move it people kept blocking it in.
This past Sat was a real late night for dinner at Docknockers. But the crab was well worth it. I felt bad for the kids being so late and all. But they seemed to handle it real well.
Now Sunday. I kinda got left by myself at Party Cove. Tied up to some people and actually left the boat for a 3-hour swim
Hot Body contest was very invigorating. At least upto when the 2 drunk @$$holes singled me out for the water cannon fun shoots. There are these types of people everywhere, they just happened to pick me. They would not stop until they had me pissed off enough to start swinging. Then it was time to leave.
Sunday was great. Kinda scary idling into the second row to tie up with Griff and Shorty. But all went well and no gellcoat was lost. Close, very close.
Was great hanging out with Scott, Bobbie, Craig, Laurie (sp), Steve and Dawn.
Fireworks were great on Sunday night. Glad I was able to ride along with the Lutz cruiser for that. Thanks Kevin. Glad it was someone else that had the close call and not us.
The finally to the whole vacation was the thrill ride on Monday morning. I really did not intend to scare anyone. But then I also knew everyone wanted a high-speed pass. Did not quit hit 80 with everyone in the boat, but was as close as the cove area would allow us
Somewhere I think I forgot to mention the lack of gas on the way to the shoot-out Sunday.
Everyone told me to run light but I guess I tried too light. There is an incriminating photo out there somewhere??
I made up for this on Sunday this weekend. Someone else was broke down and I gave the ladies a ride to Party Cove.
This all really made up for the fun I missed out on last year due to the rib issue.
Even more so for missing out on the Memorial weekend.
Old 09-03-2002, 09:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hugh,

You know I'm dying to show that incriminating photo of you! Gonna have to wait till Lutz gets back and then we'll have LOTS of photo's to share with everyone.

You are welcome anytime Hugh. It was our pleasure and we're happy to accomodate you.

I'm sorry I was such a wimp on the boat ride (*hanging head*). I actually got scared. I'm just not used to going that fast, and I didn't have my life jacket on (MY BAD!) and I think I was nervous because the kids were in the boat. (they DID have life jackets on, by the way). They were loving it, screaming faster! Mom was the one with the death grip. I loved it till we started bouncing, then I got scared.

I waited all weeked for that ride though Hugh, and you are an excellent driver! THANK YOU!

Hope your drive back was safe.

Talk to you soon.
Old 09-03-2002, 09:13 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Dude sounds like you had a good time!!! Glad you were able to make it. I wish I was there as well DUDE all I can say about falling off the boat is SUCTION CUPS!!!! Glad you did not hurt yourself this time beyond your pride. Get us some pictures and start prepairing for Memorial weekend next year!!!

Jon
Old 09-03-2002, 09:57 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

Mn FastBoat

Glad to see you made it back I forgot to ask you when you were leaving we should have followed you back. Thats a long drive by your self. I had three in my truck I'm shure that one of us could have kept you company. I should have some pic's by the end of the week.
Old 09-03-2002, 10:13 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Hugh, glad you made it home ok. I was keeping an eye out for ya on mon when we were on the road. We didn't get out of LOTO till about 12:30 after getting the boat out, giving it a good wipe down and sitting in traffic for 45 mins to go 5 miles

It sounds like you had a great time and it was nice just relaxing with ya in Porta Cima Cove on Wed.
Old 09-03-2002, 10:17 PM
Registered

After the curse of Back Water Jacks, I wasn't sure if you'd make it home or not. I figured with the way things were going, BWJ's would eventually just suck you under as you went by with the boat. I'm glad to hear you made it back in one piece.
Thanks again for the ride,

Shane
Are you still going to TI for the boat show?
Old 09-03-2002, 10:58 PM
Registered

Griff, does your Pantera have a full cover that comes down the side of the boat?
Old 09-04-2002, 08:28 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts

I feel your pain on the trailer issue, I had a spindle snap off taking the drum,backingplate,brakes, and tires with it and leaving it spinning in the middle of the highway as i was leaving a gas station at LOTO!. Lucky for us and everyone else it didnt happen on the highway at 70MPH!!!
I tried to get it welded in town but that didnt work out too well. So i just chained the axle up to the frame of the trailer and drove home on two tires on that one side. (Nice thing about triple axle trailers )

But it sounds like a great time was had by all and thats all thats important. Ofcourse i'm kicking myself for not going but i have a few different priorities right now....Maybe next spring i'll be down and maybe (and thats a big maybe) i'll be in a new boat.

HEY GORDO.......did you call Hugh a "Sissy La-la" for not shooting the minnow like we did Greg that last time!?!? LOL!!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 09-04-2002, 11:07 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally posted by mpally
Griff, does your Pantera have a full cover that comes down the side of the boat?
Yep, all purple and wraps under the front half of the boat.
Old 09-05-2002, 12:33 AM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by Griff
Hugh, glad you made it home ok. I was keeping an eye out for ya on mon when we were on the road. We didn't get out of LOTO till about 12:30 after getting the boat out, giving it a good wipe down and sitting in traffic for 45 mins to go 5 miles

It sounds like you had a great time and it was nice just relaxing with ya in Porta Cima Cove on Wed.
I did not get out of town until almost 3
and yes i hit the same traffic

Quick Reply: Home :( From 13 day excursion to LOTO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.