Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OT:  One week till 911 anniversary. >

OT: One week till 911 anniversary.

Notices

OT: One week till 911 anniversary.

Old 09-04-2002, 10:09 AM
Uncle Toys

Default OT: One week till 911 anniversary.

Any plans? How about you guys in and around NYC? I noticed I was getting fairly worked up about it last night at dinner. Just wondering if anyone else has thought about it also.

Old 09-04-2002, 10:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Having lost a childhood friend, (we went to school together from 1st through 12th grades) and having been "on call" to respond at any given moment as a firefighter, I think about September 11, 2001 each and every day. I also wish the American people would try and understand the clear and present danger we still face from various sources such as terrorists, Saddam Hussein and the like. Although I am not a war monger I truly believe that we need to take the lead and hopefully other countries will join in a unified front, to cool off the middle east and re-establish control. It seems that all to often people are worried about being politically correct what otehrs might think, rather than stand tall and strong. Truman had to do it and it wasn't popular in the beginning but in the end it paid off big time. I just hope that we can thwart off any nuclear, chemical or biological attack on us or anyone else before it is too late.
Old 09-04-2002, 10:53 AM
GRH

I've recieved several E's stating that everyone across the country should put thier headlights on for the day to show your rememberence.... nice thought I guess.... can't understand how anyone could ever forget that day though?.... I was hoping George W. might have planned an attack on Sadman Hussain for that day..... wouldn't that be appropriate...

Old 09-04-2002, 11:08 AM
Uncle Toys

Right on both of you!

Old 09-04-2002, 11:37 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was lucky enough to be off last September 11th...I worked at 4 World Financial Center(Merrill Lynch).

I will be off every September 11th for the rest of my life, and be as far away from NYC as possible. Too many bad memories. Hopefully, Block Island or Newport.
Old 09-04-2002, 11:56 AM
Uncle Toys

Good God Sean, that's too scary!

Old 09-04-2002, 12:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wife was in One Liberty Plaza (down the street from WTC)that day...made it out in the nick of time...she'll be off as well...said she just wants to go to the movies and laugh.....

the Fire Company I belong-to,is having us come-in for a nice meal & a little ceremony of sorts...

I'll be at the NYC Race Sunday, as I was last year, and I'm already developing a pit in my stomach thinking about it all...

BASTARDS!!
Old 09-04-2002, 12:29 PM
GRH

It really amazes me how many of us .... from near and far.... had friends & family directly affected by the 9/11 attack.... My wife had an appointment in the North Tower that fatefull day cancelled the friday before.... we live about 200 mile north near Albany, NY so I knew several people who were there.... and a few that died there... but people from all over the country.... Calif/Fla... everywhere.... knew someone there that day.... it's a chilling feeling.... I guess we are really "all connected".....

Old 09-04-2002, 12:48 PM
Uncle Toys

BODYSHOT1 - I know what you mean about the pit in the stomach. Almost wish I hadn't started this, but then it's probably best we get it out.

GRH - Your right on. I almost forgot that one of my colleagues at work lost his son on one of those planes.

Old 09-04-2002, 09:46 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IT`s going to be a great day for me. It my brithday tha big 34. I took off from work.

Happy brithday to me.

mike merola

Quick Reply: OT: One week till 911 anniversary.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.