Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Info and pics on the Sonic cat. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/323133-info-pics-sonic-cat.html)

315duramax 02-17-2015 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by SS930 (Post 4266375)
If the hull isn't pig heavy, this would make a hell of a nice package for the $ if paired with some blown LS small blocks and a set of Arnesons!

I love the look and the interior looks very sharp as well. With all that said, after hearing how they fu@ked Chuck so badly, I don't know many people that would place an order! :eek:

everyone else who likes powerboats, likes the price, and who isnt an avid OSO'r? :party-smiley-004:
theres so much hate on here, at least one guy got his boat, one guy didnt, and that really sucks! but the boat looks awesome, hopefully sonic can deliver these cats and they are decent boat. lord knows we need a boat like this in the industry. lets see what happens

LubeJobs42 02-17-2015 10:22 PM

I like it. If it runs good I may make an offer.

offshorexcursion 02-17-2015 11:49 PM

I am surprised anyone would support Sonic/Frisini after reading this thread

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...ed-advice.html

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...w-frisini.html

My cliff notes (please correct me if I am wrong)

Chuck ordered a boat from Frisini/Spectre/Sonic
OCM collected Chucks money
OCM used Chucks money to help themselves make money all while trying to protect chuck from not receiving a boat
Chuck ordered OCM to pay the remaining balance to Frisini/Spectre/Sonic on his new boat order
TO THIS DAY (2-3 years later) CHUCK HAS NOT RECIEVED HIS NEW BOAT
Frisini changed the name on the side from Spectre to Sonic, and took chucks boat on some joy rides to promote their shady company
The Spectre molds were repossessed from Frisini
Frisini rebrands their company to only Sonic hoping we would not remember

Chuck 02-18-2015 03:22 AM

I'm having a little trouble sleeping tonight so I figured I would chime in here a little. Obviously I appreciate the posts from members here who empathize with my situation, thank you! Let me just say a little bit here about both facts and some of my opinions. Fact: Two years ago this month I compounded my problems with Tony Frisina/ Arrow Powerboats by transferring him more money than we had agreed to in the agreement between him, myself and OCM. This was my big mistake, I lost my edge in the negotiating. At this point it was easier to screw me over and sell the boat twice and profit vs doing what we had contracted to do and complete the boat. For those of you that are new here to this situation this was funds paid to Frisina by me on behalf of the dealer, I had completely paid for the boat when I made my initial deal by trading down in boat.
Other Customers Boats:
The first 36 CC with the stepped bottom is currently in litigation in NJ. The boat was never completed ( although it was completely paid for and over a YEAR late) and later as part of the litigation was deemed unseaworthy by a marine construction professional.
The 42 Spectre ( wait lost the franchise), Sonic ( wait, people won't accept it as a Sonic), Frisini Cat was funded and never completed. This boat was years late and also deemed ( this is second hand info not personally told to me) unsafe and a hazard to the occupants. The owner of the vessel had to pay to have the boat completely re rigged at his expense. It is rumored that this was in excess of $50,000. This owner also had to pay for a complete cabin to be made and installed since Frisini never finished the boat. Today the graphics on the boat have been changed to not indicate any branding related to Frisini.
The first 39 CC owner does appear to be happy with his boat as indicated by some of his posts here on OSO.
The first open bow 30 Vendetta completed a cpl years ago ( over a year late) also had to be completely re rigged. The dealer involved had to eat this expense and has never been funded by Frisini for their poor and unacceptable craftsmanship.
Well known professionals and vendors in the marine industry who have been financially screwed by Tony Frisina and Arrow Powerboats:
Jay Pilini, original founder of Spectre Powerboats
Chris Dilling, founder of Grafix EFX
John Cunningham, vast experience in different capacities with many brands still in existence today.
Skater40, businessman and former owner of Spectre molds and branding rights.
Ilmor Marine
PokeRuns America
Tim Sharkey ( rumor not first hand knowledge known by me but hinted to in his posts also)
Oregon Custom Marine
I would strongly caution anyone thinking about doing business with this company to do their due diligence. Pick up the phone and call some well known people in the industry. Tony Frisina and Arrow Powerboats are a joke in the marine industry and not a valued customer by most marine vendors ( cash only).
In closing, I'm embarrassed I ever thought about leaving Nor-Tech. Both Nor-Tech and FastBoats were easy simple transactions and the products they gave me provided me great memories that will last a lifetime, and more importantly allowed me to meet some amazing people in both this sport and industry. Due to Tony Frisina and Arrow Powerboats I will be on the sidelines for quite some time but still enjoy OSO and all the friends I have made here.

Chuck 02-18-2015 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42 (Post 4266563)
I like it. If it runs good I may make an offer.

Please do your homework Gino.

Chuck 02-18-2015 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion (Post 4266576)
I am surprised anyone would support Sonic/Frisini after reading this thread

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...ed-advice.html

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...w-frisini.html

My cliff notes (please correct me if I am wrong)

Chuck ordered a boat from Frisini/Spectre/Sonic
OCM collected Chucks money
OCM used Chucks money to help themselves make money all while trying to protect chuck from not receiving a boat
Chuck ordered OCM to pay the remaining balance to Frisini/Spectre/Sonic on his new boat order
TO THIS DAY (2-3 years later) CHUCK HAS NOT RECIEVED HIS NEW BOAT
Frisini changed the name on the side from Spectre to Sonic, and took chucks boat on some joy rides to promote their shady company
The Spectre molds were repossessed from Frisini
Frisini rebrands their company to only Sonic hoping we would not remember

In a nutshell dead on with the exception of OCM. In hind sight Frisina was the problem the whole time. OCM has been screwed over pretty hard by Arrow/ Frisina too.

Chuck 02-18-2015 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by 27Fountain (Post 4265492)
They had a display inside at the boat show $50,000. They had three boats on display. all complete the V bottom had mercury 1100 and it sold at the show. They are still building the boats in Ft. pierce. Both boats looked modern with wrap around windshields interior and cabin in the V looked good the sonic bottom had steps don't think the old sonic did. Maybe they got thru there problems. Some one there is trying and has spent some money.There are only a hand full of performance boat at the boat show any more They were not only there they were inside. I guess we will have to wait to see how it all plays out.

New silent partners are constantly being sought. The 42 V was not sold at the show, as stated by the owner on another thread but, my opinion is smoke and mirrors on Tony's part. There is no way the boat could have been a show sale because Arrow / Frisina couldn't fund the power without a buyers checkbook ( my opinion based on deals I have personally witnessed at the factory).

Chuck 02-18-2015 04:48 AM

One last note, Tony Frisina constantly reads these post and it drives him insane. Tony sits on the sidelines fuming but doesn't reply due to the fact that he would be bringing a knife to a gunfight here on OSO. Now he or one of his cronies may chime in with a brand new membership but we all know what happens then..... Tony you are definitely winning, you got me better than anyone ever has but know this, I'm not on here as much as I used to be and no good would come from dragging your name through the mud everyday but, whenever you think your going to get some good press I will be here to chime in and let people know my story. The boat world is a small world and the custom boat world is even smaller. I'll be watching to make sure people know the facts before falling for your bull****.

Rattlesnake Jake 02-18-2015 04:51 AM

Don't know how you put up with this all these years Chuck. Hope you come out on top Soon.

JRider 02-18-2015 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by Chuck (Post 4266601)
One last note, Tony Frisina constantly reads these post and it drives him insane. Tony sits on the sidelines fuming but doesn't reply due to the fact that he would be bringing a knife to a gunfight here on OSO. Now he or one of his cronies may chime in with a brand new membership but we all know what happens then..... Tony you are definitely winning, you got me better than anyone ever has but know this, I'm not on here as much as I used to be and no good would come from dragging your name through the mud everyday but, whenever you think your going to get some good press I will be here to chime in and let people know my story. The boat world is a small world and the custom boat world is even smaller. I'll be watching to make sure people know the facts before falling for your bull****.

I sure hope you are pursuing all legal avenues, makes me nauseous reading your posts. I have a friend who paid in full for a Force Offshore 32 cat in ~2009...they took his money (loan) and went belly up. He got a shell of a hull with interior, no power and settled with the bank and is paying on $80k. I believe he has a judgment for the money (which he will never see). Brad Ayers is the guy who did the screwing, word is he has been shot before...probably wont be the last time. If you hear his name, steer clear.

I hope people learn from these posts, sucks watching people get screwed.

Unlimited jd 02-18-2015 06:03 AM

Amazes me that someone would have the balls to buy anything with that brand name on it.

Chuck 02-18-2015 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by Unlimited jd (Post 4266612)
Amazes me that someone would have the balls to buy anything with that brand name on it.

He really has trashed some iconic brands legacies.

offshoredrillin 02-18-2015 06:21 AM

When I first started this thread, I was under the impression that tony had lost the brand. After the bad deals with chuck and the doctor on the 43, I was told he was gone obviously that isnt the case. I always like innovation, which is why i wanted to see pics. Last thing this industry needs is another shady builder selling possible splashes and bilking people of their money. Out of principle and my friendship with chuck, i would NEVER purchase anything that had a frisina fingerprint on or anywhere near it.

Mike A. 02-18-2015 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by Chuck (Post 4266592)
Please do your homework Gino.

Gino,

By all means, do your homework. You can start by calling me as I represent Sonic and Tony, who has turned his entire operation into a solid business.

Chuck,

You can call me too. Better yet, have your attorney call me and we can discuss the entire situation, facts and all. I think those conversations may produce better results than ranting on OSO.

Thanks.

Jupiter Sunsation 02-18-2015 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Mike A. (Post 4266647)
Gino,

By all means, do your homework. You can start by calling me as I represent Sonic and Tony, who has turned his entire operation into a solid business.

Chuck,

You can call me too. Better yet, have your attorney call me and we can discuss the entire situation, facts and all. I think those conversations may produce better results than ranting on OSO.

Thanks.

Mike,

I don't know you but I always feel your posts tend to be honest so lets hope this time you can really produce results for Chuck. I know at one point you were building a new boat with Frisina, it was in your avatar. Did that actually happen?

Indy 02-18-2015 08:00 AM

Gino,

Better yet, have your attorney call me and we can discuss the entire situation, facts and all. I think those conversations may produce better results than ranting on OSO.

Thanks.

Maybe the best result would be for Chuck to get his boat? It's a pity that a transaction like this has to come down to attorneys negotiating...more money out of the pocket. No disrespect to you but this is really unfortunate.

Mike A. 02-18-2015 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation (Post 4266665)
Mike,

I don't know you but I always feel your posts tend to be honest so lets hope this time you can really produce results for Chuck. I know at one point you were building a new boat with Frisina, it was in your avatar. Did that actually happen?

JS - I have a great relationship with Tony. I put my project on hold because I was just too busy. He and his crew at Sonic have moved on and forward. They have a terrific new base of customers and are on solid ground now.

As for Chuck's situation, OSO is a great thing, but rarely does it work to resolve business issues. People say too many things out of emotion, friends/supporters jump in with only partial information, and a terrible mess is created. I think honest dialogue in a traditional setting works better. I know the OSO attacks have done nothing to help In this instance. Proof is in the pudding, right?

Mike A. 02-18-2015 08:15 AM

Indy - the second paragraph of my response to JS applies to your post I think. I know all sides to this situation and can assure you that making demands and bald declarations on OSO about who is right and entitled to what has not worked, obviously, and won't work in the future. I just think it would benefit the two actual stakeholders more if this matter left the pages of OSO.

fastdonzi 02-18-2015 08:16 AM

Is Chuck getting his Money or his New Boat or His Old Boat back this Year???

offshoredrillin 02-18-2015 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Mike A. (Post 4266677)
Indy - the second paragraph of my response to JS applies to your post I think. I know all sides to this situation and can assure you that making demands and bald declarations on OSO about who is right and entitled to what has not worked, obviously, and won't work in the future. I just think it would benefit the two actual stakeholders more if this matter left the pages of OSO.

what a steaming pile of crap :rolleyes:... the only thing that would have made that situation right was receiving a product that was paid for. Real honest businessmen dont need an attorney to speak for them, their actions speak louder than any paid mouthpiece.

SS930 02-18-2015 08:22 AM

It may not solve Chucks issues with Tony, but at least it can serve as a huge WARNING to any of his potential customers who are considering buying a boat from him.

There shouldnt be an negotiations or discussions, Chuck paid for a boat he's yet to receive... If Tony wants to negotiate or make things right, refund Chuck's money or deliver the boat he paid for. With all this bad press (and OSO is a very powerful tool for spreading the word), I would think Tony would be well ahead to make things right if he wants to move forward in this industry. ;)

Chuck 02-18-2015 08:23 AM

I wonder if this thread can hit 30,000 views like the others?

JRider 02-18-2015 08:28 AM

Gino,

Chuck,

Thanks.

No offense, at this point I would think it is a little late to try and save face. Although, I think completing a deal and delivering 2 boats that have been paid for would be a good start. Notice how companies like Cig, Outerlimits, Skater, MTI, Baja (and many more)...do not have dirty laundry on OSO, just an observation. Maybe because these companies are not Fukking people over.

phragle 02-18-2015 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Mike A. (Post 4266673)
JS - I have a great relationship with Tony. I put my project on hold because I was just too busy. He and his crew at Sonic have moved on and forward. They have a terrific new base of customers and are on solid ground now.

As for Chuck's situation, OSO is a great thing, but rarely does it work to resolve business issues. People say too many things out of emotion, friends/supporters jump in with only partial information, and a terrible mess is created. I think honest dialogue in a traditional setting works better. I know the OSO attacks have done nothing to help In this instance. Proof is in the pudding, right?

DAmn straight a terrible mess is created, when you phuck with a man's money and his livelihood, messes are definitely created. Read the peper or turn on the news, people regularly get planted for less, much less.

Mike A. 02-18-2015 08:32 AM

I'll say this one last time and then leave Chuck's friends to their own devices. Lawyers get involved in legitimate business disputes everyday in virtually every country on earth. Most civil disputes are resolved that way. In fact, I would venture to guess that the civil justice system has a much better success rate in settling business disputes than Internet message boards. In fact, I would say that legitimate businessmen with legitimate claims hire attorneys specifically to resolve those claims far more often than they enlist the help of their friends to rampage on the Internet. That tactic has not worked in this case and will not work in this case EVER. So, keep it up and you'll get more of the status quo, which is the definition of insanity, or take my advice and maybe things will change for the better.

Chuck and his lawyer are free to call me anytime.

Kelly O 02-18-2015 08:33 AM

I have some comments that I wish to make and have forwarded them to my attorney for him to edit/massage then post on my behalf.

offshoredrillin 02-18-2015 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Mike A. (Post 4266694)
I'll say this one last time and then leave Chuck's friends to their own devices. Lawyers get involved in legitimate business disputes everyday in virtually every country on earth. Most civil disputes are resolved that way. In fact, I would venture to guess that the civil justice system has a much better success rate in settling business disputes than Internet message boards. In fact, I would say that legitimate businessmen with legitimate claims hire attorneys specifically to resolve those claims far more often than they enlist the help of their friends to rampage on the Internet. That tactic has not worked in this case and will not work in this case EVER. So, keep it up and you'll get more of the status quo, which is the definition of insanity, or take my advice and maybe things will change for the better.

another steaming pile, Ive been in my own business for 20 years. Ive never had to use an attorney to conduct normal business transactions, because I give my customers what they pay for, if I cant I don't accept their money. The ONLY time I have ever had to use an attorney is when a competitor filed a frivolous suit, which I came out of very well. Plenty of crooks get away with crimes for quite some time, Madoff did, Capone did, Pantera did, Hionas did numerous times. Honest businessmen don't need them.

stimleck 02-18-2015 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Chuck (Post 4266591)
I'm having a little trouble sleeping tonight so I figured I would chime in here a little. Obviously I appreciate the posts from members here who empathize with my situation, thank you! Let me just say a little bit here about both facts and some of my opinions. Fact: Two years ago this month I compounded my problems with Tony Frisina/ Arrow Powerboats by transferring him more money than we had agreed to in the agreement between him, myself and OCM. This was my big mistake, I lost my edge in the negotiating. At this point it was easier to screw me over and sell the boat twice and profit vs doing what we had contracted to do and complete the boat. For those of you that are new here to this situation this was funds paid to Frisina by me on behalf of the dealer, I had completely paid for the boat when I made my initial deal by trading down in boat.
Other Customers Boats:
The first 36 CC with the stepped bottom is currently in litigation in NJ. The boat was never completed ( although it was completely paid for and over a YEAR late) and later as part of the litigation was deemed unseaworthy by a marine construction professional.
The 42 Spectre ( wait lost the franchise), Sonic ( wait, people won't accept it as a Sonic), Frisini Cat was funded and never completed. This boat was years late and also deemed ( this is second hand info not personally told to me) unsafe and a hazard to the occupants. The owner of the vessel had to pay to have the boat completely re rigged at his expense. It is rumored that this was in excess of $50,000. This owner also had to pay for a complete cabin to be made and installed since Frisini never finished the boat. Today the graphics on the boat have been changed to not indicate any branding related to Frisini.
The first 39 CC owner does appear to be happy with his boat as indicated by some of his posts here on OSO.
The first open bow 30 Vendetta completed a cpl years ago ( over a year late) also had to be completely re rigged. The dealer involved had to eat this expense and has never been funded by Frisini for their poor and unacceptable craftsmanship.
Well known professionals and vendors in the marine industry who have been financially screwed by Tony Frisina and Arrow Powerboats:
Jay Pilini, original founder of Spectre Powerboats
Chris Dilling, founder of Grafix EFX
John Cunningham, vast experience in different capacities with many brands still in existence today.
Skater40, businessman and former owner of Spectre molds and branding rights.
Ilmor Marine
PokeRuns America
Tim Sharkey ( rumor not first hand knowledge known by me but hinted to in his posts also)
Oregon Custom Marine
I would strongly caution anyone thinking about doing business with this company to do their due diligence. Pick up the phone and call some well known people in the industry. Tony Frisina and Arrow Powerboats are a joke in the marine industry and not a valued customer by most marine vendors ( cash only).
In closing, I'm embarrassed I ever thought about leaving Nor-Tech. Both Nor-Tech and FastBoats were easy simple transactions and the products they gave me provided me great memories that will last a lifetime, and more importantly allowed me to meet some amazing people in both this sport and industry. Due to Tony Frisina and Arrow Powerboats I will be on the sidelines for quite some time but still enjoy OSO and all the friends I have made here.

I'm not a lawyer and know there is always 3 sides to any story but there are way too many great vendors in the marine industry to ever take a chance with people that have this lengthy history.
In my view where there is smoke there is fire and the best thing we can do to support the industry is to only purchase from reputable vendors, its pretty simple. Every dollar that you spend at a reputable builder instead of a scammer helps the vendor, the industry and your fellow boater.
The greatest asset of OSO is the support between boaters, just like on the water, it shouldn't be any different in the business side.

SS930 02-18-2015 08:52 AM

Chuck, you or your attorney should give Mike a call... Go in with an open mind and let's see what happens. Let's see if these guys can make this right or if this is just more Internet damage control BS. :cool:

Chuck 02-18-2015 08:57 AM

I'm not interested in anymore additional legal fees or lawyers. Your client has my number and my permission to give it to you. I would be more than happy to answer any and all questions you may have here in a public forum as long as you would agree to the same. I don't feel like I need a lawyer because nobody knows the facts of this situation better than myself and your client. Let's resolve this situation. P.S. I don't know personally the majority of the posters on this thread.

fastdonzi 02-18-2015 08:57 AM

I dont know how he can all the sudden have a solid buisness when he has uncovered turds in the cat box. Was Tony at the show selling these boats???

green lightning 02-18-2015 09:05 AM

This is all great But why has chuck not got his boat or money would you care to elaborate ?

JRider 02-18-2015 09:31 AM

Why don't you reach out to the customer? Oh wait, thats rite, you already have his money and have no need for him.

Smarty 02-18-2015 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin (Post 4266701)
another steaming pile, Ive been in my own business for 20 years. Ive never had to use an attorney to conduct normal business transactions, because I give my customers what they pay for, if I cant I don't accept their money. The ONLY time I have ever had to use an attorney is when a competitor filed a frivolous suit, which I came out of very well. Plenty of crooks get away with crimes for quite some time, Madoff did, Capone did, Pantera did, Hionas did numerous times. Honest businessmen don't need them.

You need the attorney to go after the people that owe you money, I do it all the time for small contractors, Criminal Defense and Small Business collections for contractors (painters, masons, builders, home remodelers) that get screwed over....that's when you should call me

sutphen 30 02-18-2015 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by JRider (Post 4266732)
Why don't you reach out to the customer? Oh wait, thats rite, you already have his money and have no need for him.

and he's getting his consulting fee from it.

whats 100000 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean? a good start.

sutphen 30 02-18-2015 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Smarty (Post 4266738)
You need the attorney to go after the people that owe you money, I do it all the time for small contractors, Criminal Defense and Small Business collections for contractors (painters, masons, builders, home remodelers) that get screwed over....that's when you should call me

well you close by,,maybe you can help chuck out pro bono,till he gets his money of course.;)

phragle 02-18-2015 09:56 AM

Mike, you have to be reasonably smart to make it thru law school and pass the bar..... One would think that intelligence would preclude you from coming on here and pissing into the wind.

scarabman 02-18-2015 10:02 AM

The 42 cat did have some major issues, both structural and rigging, and took considerable time and expense to be made right by parties other than manufacturer, aka Frisini.

nofastboat 02-18-2015 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by SS930 (Post 4266706)
Chuck, you or your attorney should give Mike a call... Go in with an open mind and let's see what happens. Let's see if these guys can make this right or if this is just more Internet damage control BS. :cool:

I agree with you. It looks as though he is trying to do the right thing. I think you should give him a call and let him handle making things right and let Sonic start building boats and bringing back the good name they used to have. Atleast thats what i would like to see happen.

green lightning 02-18-2015 10:06 AM

Gino,

Chuck,

Thanks.

I like the boat and the price is good and would like one , But when you 4 gentlemen are sitting around a table discussing the whole situation and the question comes up as to why chuck did not receive a boat what is tony's answer , did he not get payed or am I missing something here?