Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Towing with the new H2 Hummer! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/32381-towing-new-h2-hummer.html)

Byron 09-07-2002 10:42 PM

Hey now I can tell you I have pulled a 42' Sonic all around the country with an Excursion, 100hp chip, 5" exhaust etc with absolutly no plroblems at all. The excursion diesel is on awsome tow machine for Poker Runs . I also have a dually and I tow with either one.

mxz800 09-08-2002 10:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
if you think the Hummer will stop the Tiger, I bet you think the chick will live through this:eek: :p :p

GameOver 09-09-2002 11:55 PM

Originally posted by Sunsation 32
This could be the begining of one of those boat ramp mishaps that you see on Americas Funiest Home Videos where the boat drags little hummer in the water. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

thats why you get the snorkel kit!

Jeffrey 09-10-2002 06:41 PM

I'm sorry to report that my partner is in therapy today. You all bashed him so hard that he has decided to go buy another truck to tow his Cigarette. Pics to follow!

Jassman 09-10-2002 07:29 PM

Whew!!!:p Its safe to go back on the streets again:p :D LETS GUESS WHAT IT IS:
2003 GMC Crew Cab w/Duramax and Allison tranny and a EDGE performace module with 90 additional hp and 250LBs additional Torque,:D

Byron 09-10-2002 09:19 PM

Duramax

Hey now I've both the Duramax and the Ford f-350 dually, I,m or used to be a chevy fan but the Duramax can not tow as easy as the Ford. I made chevy take back the truck! The ford pulled my triple engine Sonic with Myco trailer 18000 lbs like nothing! I know you may not like it but the facts are the facts.

Semper Fi 09-10-2002 11:58 PM

Smart move Jim, I'm sure you are buying a FORD/CHEVY/DODGE diesel and you will see the HUGE difference between these machines and your Hummer. Good luck

mika 09-10-2002 11:59 PM

Since he won't need that "old H2" anymore he can drop it off in my drive way.:D :D :D

Jassman 09-11-2002 05:51 AM

Byron, Ive got a 2001 F-250,Powerstroke, less than 25k mileage that has been in the shop twice now for tranny repairs. Even when it works it is no where as powerful as the Duramax. We pull the same( 3)-11K Equipment trailer around all day long, with our 2001 Excursion Powerstroke, 2000 Dodge 2500 Cummins, and now just sold the 2001 Duramax and bought a 2002 model. I drive these trucks everyday, so do my guys, I have no partiality to either of them other than they best do there job and pull my trailers 10 hours a day to various job sites. Good luck with your Ford, I'll keep my Gm product:D For right now.:)

DEVIL MAN 09-11-2002 03:23 PM

Give poor old Jim a break....at least it looks sweet. Hey, I knew a guy, er, I mean poodle that took a high compression 800 horsepower engine and slapped a pair of 10-71 blowers on it without changing the pistons.....boy, did that baby blow up good!!!!! The bottom line is never point that finger in another person's direction....there are three fingers pointed back at you!!!! We all make errors in judgement.

DMan

ChrisK 09-11-2002 03:38 PM

Just three fingers? what happened to the last one? accident? born like that??? :D :D :p

DEVIL MAN 09-18-2002 12:46 PM

Hey Chris K...point your finger at someone!!!! Which direction is your thumb pointed???? Hopefully, not back at you!!! I guess that leaves three fingers pointed back in your direction wise guy!!!! Unless you are a poodle and you point with your thumb????

DMan...and the D is for the three Digits pointed back at you!!!

ssherman 09-18-2002 02:19 PM

So where are these pictures JELVIS:D

Uncle Toys 09-18-2002 06:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You want to pimp it? Roll up in one of these :D

PhantomChaos 09-30-2002 09:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
TANK..........this is the thread I was talking about.............

R Addiction 09-30-2002 10:37 PM

This is what we towed with at 1st...........

R Addiction 09-30-2002 10:45 PM

But the wife wouldn't drive because of the size difference. The little Jimmy pulled hard on the hills, 60-65 mph, but the braking was a little scary:eek: . So this is what we tow with now........ 2000 k2500,454/Auto with 1 ton rear. Starting to accesorize, new style wheels and Nitto Terra grapplers,285/75R16, soon to come Cowl hood and exhaust!

mcollinstn 09-30-2002 10:48 PM

Someone asked if the H2 was a Tahoe with square body panels. We've sold three of them so far and these boogers are some cool hardware. The H1 is by far the premium piece of heavy-duty offroad equipment, but makes a fairly sh%tty street machine. The H2 is still a solid offroader, with its short front and rear overhangs, but is also very Escalade-ish inside. Nice premium GM leather seats, good-looking center console and ultra trick dash with Bose sound. Comfortable truck and drives more or less "halfway" between the 1/2 and 3/4-ton Tahoe. A stiffer ride than the 1/2 ton, but very compliant as well (with the air adjustable suspension). Lots of cool features and the only "minus' is the spare in the rear cargo area. We sold one and retrofitted another rear seat to provide more seating area (customer keeps spare in garage...).

If you are looking for some notoriety and are willing to spend the mid $50's for an Escalade, go for the H2 and you will get all the notice you could ever want.

I dang sure wouldn't try to over-tow with it, though...

Douggie Fresh 10-01-2002 12:44 PM

Nort, I could be suspended from the board for this but the Board God and the one who started this thread just bought a new HUMMER H2. No more bashing on his part.:D

Douggie

PhantomChaos 10-01-2002 12:48 PM

I know.....I forgot to ask what color it was. :D :D His boat is quite a bit lighter than Jim's Tiger....like 1/2 the weight! So he could probabaly tow that F2 TopGun no problemo.

Douggie Fresh 10-01-2002 12:56 PM

Your right it will tow his carbon fiber lightweight no problem. Just thought I would give him some chit. You know only a few will ever do that on the this board. The color is Sunset Orage looks good with the new rims he installed.

Douggie

ssherman 10-01-2002 03:44 PM

So fresh when is he going to lift it because i know he is going crazy with your truck being higher.

Douggie Fresh 10-01-2002 04:58 PM

Mine will always be BIGGER:eek:

Douggie Fresh

kwb 10-01-2002 05:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Speaking of length......

SYNERGYN 10-01-2002 07:55 PM

SACRIFICES

I would like to make an offer to the owner of this boat and Hummer. I would be willing to take this potentially life threatening situation off your hands. All you have to do is turn the titles over to me, and I will in exchange give you deed to my 86' 21 foot Scarab and my 93' Jeep Cherokee. I feel that I would be saving a fellow boaters life. What a guy I am! I would do this for a guy I've never met!
The ultimate sacrifice.

If you don't like the way I drive stay outside the orange and white buoys..............

Reindl Powerboats 10-01-2002 08:22 PM

Funny stuff, be careful it is no fun to call a crane to pick up boat in middle of highway!

R Addiction 10-01-2002 10:32 PM

Nice paint .....................and the boat also. The truck.........................it's a FORD..............:eek: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!:D

cbdragon 10-11-2002 09:26 PM

We thought a hummer was something else. But, what the heck do us Easterners know? Any Pewter ones around?

Madcow 10-15-2002 08:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A Tiger with a Hummer? Shouldn't be too bad. I pull my 42 Sonic with trips with a 1/2 ton GMC. (So far so good)

Jassman 10-16-2002 06:57 AM

Hey CATMAN, clean your box out, Thanks.:D

Jeffrey 10-16-2002 10:54 PM

Originally posted by Madcow
A Tiger with a Hummer? Shouldn't be too bad. I pull my 42 Sonic with trips with a 1/2 ton GMC. (So far so good)
Madcow - Do you have an electric brake system on your trailer or is it the standard surge system? Do you ever tow down any grades or just around town on mostly level grades?

A little bit of trivia - "Cigarette1" once towed his 35' Cafe Racer and trailer (13,000 lbs.) from Los Angeles to Lake Havasu behind a Ford EXPEDITION! I kid you not! Up and down the hills he went without any problem. I was very surprised!! An Expedition!! That takes some COJONES!

By the way - for those who are curious - we purchased a new Ford F350 Extra Cab Superduty Diesel to tow Jim's Tiger. He used it to tow to Havasu a month ago. His H2 stayed in the garage!

Douggie Fresh - No lippin' now ya hear!

Madcow 10-17-2002 12:01 AM

Just surge brakes, and EXTRA carefull. I only tow it localy. When I went to Smoke on the water this year I used my buddys dually. Only problem is the boat and trailer weighs over 16,000 lbs, so even with a 1 ton this thing is a beast to tow.

cbdragon 10-20-2002 04:43 PM

With a Turbine boat you can just fly there. NO Towing needed. cb

timucin 10-24-2002 08:57 PM

LOL!
cbdragon
:D :D

PhantomChaos 11-29-2006 04:28 AM

Re: Towing with the new H2 Hummer!

Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Okay boys ... this is going to be a good one. My partner just purchased a brand spanking new YELLOW H2 Hummer. The truck is one bad ass vehicle! It actually surprised me in many ways! If you think it even resembles previous H1 Hummers - think again. Other than the nameplate and a faint resemblance to its predecessor - the two have nothing in common.

Now here's where it's going to get good. He plans to tow his 1999 Cigarette Tiger (900SC's and Speedmaster #6 drives) on a 3500 pound Myco trailer around with this Hummer. Don't get me wrong - the Hummer is awesome and looks awesome attached to the boat and trailer (see pic). But are all of you thinking what I'm thinking?? 13,000 pounds + Hummer = HumCig mashed potatoes out in left field at the bottom of the grade?

Just curious what the masses think ... ha ha. he's going to give me hell for this!:D

Do you guys tow anything anymore? :D :D :D

JC 11-29-2006 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by Airpacker
hope he has good insurance

Hope his insurance will cover it when they find out he is towing outside of the H2 capacity.

gsmith9898 11-29-2006 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by Wardey
I think he should give me the Tiger so I can tow it with my F350 ! Ton !!!!:D :D :D I hear the H2 is nothing more than a Tahoe with square body panels? I'm curious because the wife wants one. As for me, I will stay with my F350. Wardey

I believe that it sits on a chevy avalanche 3/4 ton frame that has been modified so that the axles are moved out giving it a longer wheel base. It does not matter to me what you pull with. It has alot to do with conditions, speed and common sense.

Joe 11-29-2006 09:50 AM

Ummmm..... "Partner" or "Business Partner". I felt like an idiot (yes, which occures often ---- there, beat everyone to it) when I found out the "new" meaning of "Partner"!

Brad Zastrow 11-29-2006 10:04 AM

He may want to read his insurance policy on the boat. Mine says the tow rig must be rated to tow the weight or no coverage. Markel American insures it. Cool looking Hummer, but silly idea.

hammer01 11-29-2006 10:14 AM

i have seen no pics of this boat in the past several years so i hope the vehicle could not pull it out of the driveway, because the alternative is that it is now described with the first word "salvage". the insurance side of the issue now days scares the crap out of me just as brad just stated. in missouri and illinois i hear they are doing roadside stops for overweight hauling. looked pretty cool though.