Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Towing with the new H2 Hummer! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/32381-towing-new-h2-hummer.html)

AttitudeAdjusta 09-06-2002 05:35 PM

I have a Chevy 2500 HD d/a 4 door single and a 3500 4 door dually(8.1) and the dually blows the single away for towing as far as control goes. I only wish the dually was the D/A combo.

BADA BING 09-06-2002 06:48 PM

Nort, you know I was just givin you chit:D

To answer your question, the MCC SMART was designed in a joint venture between Mercedes-Benz and the Swatch Watch Company, but it is now controlled by Mercedes only.

What's funny is the SMART car would probably fit between the wheel base of the H2, we had one here a while back and you could hug the car from front to back:D

MCC SMART cars are supposed to be available in the US by 2005

:D :D

PhantomChaos 09-06-2002 09:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm tellin you Jim.......this would be the **** to pull your Tiger with (only in Yellow.......of course). :D :D :D :D

PhantomChaos 09-06-2002 09:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Although........this one is already yellow, has a longer wheelbase, and just look at all the room!!!!! (just messin with you big guy, cuz, you know, it's all about....................ah never mind)

:D :D :D

Semper Fi 09-06-2002 09:41 PM

Originally posted by cigarette1
Since we're talkin' tow trucks ... How much better is an F-350 CrewCab Dually than an F-350 CrewCab Long Bed Single rear wheel setup. Most boat towing is less than 30 miles one way with a couple of 700 mile round trips a year. I use my truck as a daily driver(gave up the sports car for a bigger boat:rolleyes: ) and really don't want to drive a dually around everyday. I currently tow a Cafe Racer(12,000# on trailer) with an F-350 CrewCab Shortbed without the slightest problem. I'm speaking of diesels.

G

What's up Gary,
I personally prefer the dually for towing. I think it has a little more stability than a single rear wheel. If you get a rear flat, you have another tire on that side to keep you from losing control. If you are doing alot of towing, I think a dually is the way to go. For most people, I think you are fine without the dually.

ToonaFish 09-06-2002 10:23 PM

Jim, you didn't happen to buy the H2 from Jason Priestly, did you? :p

ROUGH WATER 09-07-2002 05:16 PM

PHANTOMCHAOS, THATS F..KIN GREAT, TOO FUNNY, NICE PIC

Byron 09-07-2002 06:50 PM

Just for fun!

I just towed my 30' Spectre cat with my H-2 today and I have to admit it did just fine. My dually is of course better but the H-2 is better than I thought and alot more attention. The neat part is the self leveling feature, after lowering the trailer on the H-2 and putting the tounge on it, I started the H-2 and it raised it back level. Also it seems like it may not bounce the truck at all going down the hwy. Everything fine exept the 7 mpg!!

Havasu Cig 09-07-2002 07:29 PM

When we upgraded to the Top Gun I went down to ford and traded in my f-250 psd extended cab for a f-350 psd crew cab. You can't beat more wheelbase for towing. I would not use a Hummer as a tow vehicle for all the reasons others have stated.

If you want to be pimping go with a Freight Liner or f-650 Supercruiser. They would be my tow vehicles of choice. If you need something that you also need to drive around town I would go with at least a 1 ton diesel with the longest wheelbase you can get. I would also stay away from the Excurion for that size boat.

OkieTunnel 09-07-2002 07:34 PM

I so want to be on the short bus. Sweeeet!