Mercury Racing Labbed Props >

Mercury Racing Labbed Props

Notices

Mercury Racing Labbed Props

Old 03-17-2015, 11:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mercury Racing Labbed Props

Been trying to contact someone over at Mercury Racing for 2 weeks now, have left voicemails with no response. I currently have 1 labbed prop, one unlabbed, and would like to match them but can't even figure out who to talk to or what to do to make this happen. Does anyone know what is going on over there, or does anyone have a contact?

Thanks!
Old 03-17-2015, 12:02 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Merc isn't doing it anymore, call Frank and Jimmies propeller in Ft Lauderdale and ask to speak to Mike Eggleston, they are taking over Lab finishing duties from Merc. He has done a lot of props for me and always does a great job.
Old 03-17-2015, 12:19 PM
Registered

BBLADES in wisc .
Old 03-17-2015, 12:26 PM
Registered

I will give them a call, thanks!
Old 03-17-2015, 12:54 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts

Mercury Racing has ceased to Lab Finish or repair customer owned propellers as of late last year.

My name is Brett Anderson. I own BBLADES Professional Propellers will my partner Bob Lucht. We began BBLADES over 10 years ago after leaving Mercury Racing. At that time I was the manager of the Mercury Racing propeller Lab. Bob was a technician in the lab and did much of the custom work as well as all of the propeller pitching. Between us we had 32 years of Mercury experience. We also have another technician working with us at BBLADES who also has 15 years of Mercury experience. Besides us we have a core of 4 other BBLADES trained techs.

So, I guess I'm auditioning for the ability to work on your propellers. The fact is, nobody in the country or even the world knows as much about Mercury Racing propellers or Mercury Racing propeller recipes and specs. as we do at BBLADES nor do they have the time invested in this art as we do. I'm not saying this to brag. It's just matter of fact. I was fortunate to work under and be the protégé of the man who created a industry within a industry. Dennis Cavanaugh invented Lab Finishing and taught it to me and my fellow Merc employees. We have taken this knowledge and brought it to the next level. We have the ability to match Merc specs. or create a whole new recipe to achieve the goal you have set for your application.

Nobody has "taken over" for the Mercury Racing Lab department. There are numerous quality propeller shops around the country. We believe we are one of those facilities.

Please give us a call if we can be of assistance. We love to discuss your set up. Advice and conversation is always free.

Brett
920-295-4435

Last edited by bbladesprops; 03-17-2015 at 01:06 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 03-17-2015, 01:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bbladesprops
Mercury Racing has ceased to Lab Finish or repair customer owned propellers as of late last year.

My name is Brett Anderson. I own BBLADES Professional Propellers will my partner Bob Lucht. We began BBLADES over 10 years ago after leaving Mercury Racing. At that time I was the manager of the Mercury Racing propeller Lab. Bob was a technician in the lab and did much of the custom work as well as all of the propeller pitching. Between us we had 32 years of Mercury experience. We also have another technician working with us at BBLADES who also has 15 years of Mercury experience. Besides us we have a core of 4 other BBLADES trained techs.

So, I guess I'm auditioning for the ability to work on your propellers. The fact is, nobody in the country or even the world knows as much about Mercury Racing propellers or Mercury Racing propeller recipes and specs. as we do at BBLADES nor do they have the time invested in this art as we do. I'm not saying this to brag. It's just matter of fact. I was fortunate to work under and be the protégé of the man who created a industry within a industry. Dennis Cavanaugh invented Lab Finishing and taught it to me and my fellow Merc employees. We have taken this knowledge and brought it to the next level. We have the ability to match Merc specs. or create a whole new recipe to achieve the goal you have set for your application.

Nobody has "taken over" for the Mercury Racing Lab department. There are numerous quality propeller shops around the country. We believe we are one of those facilities.

Please give us a call if we can be of assistance. We love to discuss your set up. Advice and conversation is always free.

Brett
920-295-4435
Just Sayin'
Old 03-17-2015, 04:11 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bbladesprops

Brett
920-295-4435
Frank & Jimmies has taken over for Mercury they were there at the Miami Boat show with them. Not saying you are not capable just passing the information along.
Old 03-17-2015, 04:54 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts

pstori,

You're information is wrong. F&J have not "taken over" for Mercury Racing. Nobody has taken over for Mercury Racing. There are a handful of prop shops Mercury is promoting. We are one of them and F&J is also one.

Mike was at the Miami boat show with the Michigan Wheel guys out of MI. You may have seen Mike in the Mercury booth but he was on his own dime in the Michigan Wheel booth for a couple days. Nobody has taken over for Mercury. Mercury has just decided to sell new rather than offer work on customer propellers after the sale.

I spoke at length with Mike in our BBLADES booth at the Miami boat show. I discussed his past and ours. How they got started working on performance propellers a few years ago and offered to help him as he moved forward since we have a extensive background with some of the stuff if they are not too familiar with it. Frank and Jimmy's is founded on large cruiser propellers. A number of years back they started to play with performance applications. One of the first props they began making was a 4 blade OB cleaver with the addendums cut off fashioned after one we built for a racer named Gary Ballough. Mike is a great upstanding guy who I'm sure will do and has proven to do a fine job. Yes You can send your propellers to F&J but your comment that they took over for Merc Racing isn't accurate.

Thanks for suggesting our capabilities.

Brett

Last edited by bbladesprops; 03-17-2015 at 04:59 PM. Reason: additions
Old 03-17-2015, 10:29 PM
Registered

Two thumbs up for bblades. Worked on a couple of my props. Top notch services. My $0.02.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:13 AM
Registered

BBlades worked the props for my Spectre and did a great job.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.