Notices

Merc HP500 Exhaust

Old 03-21-2015, 04:45 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He doesn't have HP500 exhaust, he has Stock 454 mag. I would get a set of EMI or Stainless with long risers. 1/2 the price of CMI and you might lose 10HP. Also there are some good deals on used EMI & Stainless around.
Old 03-21-2015, 06:57 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

i have heard of people altering stock merc risers by welding an extension tube to exhaust outlet that runs the length of the rubber exhaust hose. seems kinds half azz but if he has to run these exhausts with this motor...
Old 03-21-2015, 07:01 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Persuader261
The stock cam was replaced, although I am not sure of the specific LSA or lift. When I talked to the builder last he said it is specifcly cam'ed so there is no overlap to avoid reversion. If this is true can keeping the iron manifolds alone lead to water reversion?
i am going back to this post. if this statement is true, this is no 589 horsepower engine. we need the cam specs...
Old 03-21-2015, 07:42 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dereknkathy
i am going back to this post. if this statement is true, this is no 589 horsepower engine. we need the cam specs...
If it WAS dynoed, mayhaps it was done with the engine builders headers. I have seen many Big blocks on a Dyno with car headers. Or engine builder is guessing @ HP.
True, cam specs would be helpful.