Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Progression 24 i/o Project , help me get inspired!Please Post pics engine bay. >

Progression 24 i/o Project , help me get inspired!Please Post pics engine bay.

Notices

Progression 24 i/o Project , help me get inspired!Please Post pics engine bay.

Old 03-27-2015, 09:27 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Progression 24 i/o Project , help me get inspired!Please Post pics engine bay.

First of all I will introduce myself , First time poster on this forum but have been coming here for a while to get some info. I have owned a couple of low budget 20-24' boats in the past and now just bought a 24 Progression LD I/O hull. It is in amazing shape but it's a project ! I have couples friends that run much larger budgets boat and wanted something that I could afford and could at least follow in there wake my local pond that is crazy rough on weekends ! easily 3-4-5 feets waves.

I am still a bit unsure where I want to go with this thing as far as power and would love for you guy's to post pics if you have of your boat engine bay , Pantera's , Superboats , Avanti's , excalibur ... anything similar. Thanks and looking forward to discussing with you guy's.

Progression

Old boats pictures , I also owned an old baja and VIP not really worth showing.

Vision 221

Senator

The following users liked this post:
Gimme Fuel (09-10-2021)
Old 03-27-2015, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 742 Likes on 400 Posts

Welcome! You've had some cool boats!
Old 03-27-2015, 09:57 AM
Ing
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

Your Progression is a great rough water hull and well built by Kevin. Its a light hull (as opposed to my 24 Pantera) so my suggestion is going with stock power, maybe a rehabbed Merc 525/XR. I'd call Kevin at Progression. No one better than he knows what works best with this hull. Good luck.
Old 03-27-2015, 10:05 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where did you pick that boat up from? There has been one running around here for years with the exact same paint.

My Dad had a 24 LD with 300XS outboard. It was a handful. The IO I see running around looks like it runs on rails.
Old 03-27-2015, 10:28 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

Congratulations on your new Progression. The 24 LD (sometimes called the 237) is a great hull and loves rough water. You won't find many hulls that are better built, lighter or faster.

I'm assuming your hull is set up for an I/O, but the picture didn't really show the transom. You can (and should) call Kevin at Progression for more information, but I can tell you that a bone stock 502 with a Bravo drive should run low 80's with no problem.
Old 03-27-2015, 10:33 AM
Registered

Received 177 Likes on 114 Posts

I'm not sure that truck will be enough to pull the boat.
Congrats on your purchase
Old 03-27-2015, 10:40 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

We are assuming it is an i/o boat, otherwise you would be on scream n fly...anyway, what does boat have? Drive? Engine? Or neither. What is your budget? If you are poor and it has no power, the best start is finding a bravo boat that was neglected by it's owner. Piece by piece it'll get pricey. If you have big block and bravo came with it you should autopsy the stuff and see if it can be saved...
Old 03-27-2015, 10:54 AM
Registered

Thanks Guy's ! I appreciate the warm welcome !

The boat was in canada for the last 10 years or more , it his in fact a 24 LD I/O and was rigged with 2 or 3 different setups in the past. The last owner had it rigged with a custom built 572 spinning rediculous rpm's and an imco drive on it ran upwards of 100. I am in fact has mentionned looking to find a rotten baja or something to gut and use all the hardware but I have a crazy idea if I can't find one with a healthy motor. I did try to phone up progression but I always get the voicemail ... Il try again in the future.

About the truck that's my buddies rig for towing is 38topgun , different budget :/ but damn am I happy he lends me is stuff to help me along with my projects.

The checkmates and old baja's really thought me a lot about working on boats. I have a solid background with car's but I boats were new to me not long ago.
Old 03-27-2015, 12:46 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Doesnt hafta be a perf boat. Even a big cruiser with bravo 2 or 3 will have most of the missing stuff. Dont expect a good engine. The bad engine and shot inter will be the reason u got a whole bravo setup for under 2k. Does it have any of the hardware?
Old 03-27-2015, 01:09 PM
Registered

It's basically missing all the running gear , Missing the Gimbal assembly , drive , trim pump , tabs , steering ... All the rest is there , complete interior , cleats , fuel tank , rails and hatch's and vents and so on...

I without a doubt want a bravo 1 but not sure about the motor yet .... Like mentioned before I mess around alot with car's and I am tempted to drop in a LT1.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.