DJI Phantom 2+Vision or Yuneec Q500 >

DJI Phantom 2+Vision or Yuneec Q500

Notices

DJI Phantom 2+Vision or Yuneec Q500

Old 03-28-2015, 01:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DJI Phantom 2+Vision or Yuneec Q500

I know a lot of people have the Phantom DJI but I am looking at the new kid on the block the Yuneec Q500 as an option for taking video this summer. I was hoping there might be someone that has this Quad that can share some insight. I have read all the reviews but it's getting to where you can't even trust them. My skill level is below idiot, everything I have ever purchased that flies I end up digging it up out of the hole it made and tossing it in the trash, so I am more concerned about ease of flight.
Old 03-30-2015, 05:43 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 50 Likes on 24 Posts

It appears that the landing gear would get in the way of a 360 degree view with the Q500. DJI's latest version has retractable landing gear and the camera on the gimbal mount can have a unobstructed view for 360 for smooth panning....

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 03-30-2015, 08:00 AM
Registered

Thanks for the reply I also wanted to say love your work, you have a wonderful eye for photography. The landing gear on the Q500 should not be a problem because the camera only pans up and down. I know that may be an issue for a professional but it's not with me.

Last edited by Mseuro; 03-30-2015 at 04:23 PM.
Old 03-30-2015, 04:06 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 50 Likes on 24 Posts

Thanks !

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 04-03-2015, 01:07 AM
Registered

I have a Q500. Its awesome. Landing gear never gets in the way and i film 360 shots all the time. You just rotate the quad. The quad is so stable it will make you look like a pro. Plus with follow me mode its capable of some cool stuff. Get one you wont be dissapointed.
Old 04-03-2015, 07:33 AM
Registered

I bought one yesterday and your right I'm not disappointed at all. I chose it for all the reasons you mentioned plus 2 others, customer support and it looks cooler to me. They will be a 4k camera, carry case, and way points in near future.
Old 04-05-2015, 04:38 AM
Registered

Received 924 Likes on 308 Posts

Both of those units are excellent choices. The underlying stability and autopilot technology just keeps improving. At least until they all cave to gov requests to black out huge areas in GPS aided flight mode, as I hear DJI recently agreed to. That's gonna eat up some memory, so read carefully before loading any firmware updates.

For newbies to the sport, I suggest buying a couple of these cool "mini" CX -10 quadcopter to practice with indoors or out. They share the same control layout, have a good 3-axis gyro, and are great for learning head in, hovering, or just basic maneuvering. Tough as nails, better than a simulator, and a ton of fun knowing your maximum loss is only $30.. I've flown RC heli's of all sizes for over 10yrs. Long before the multi-axis gyros were around. These tiny quads are more fun than anything I've flown, and a great tool to improve you confidence with the big boys.