Notices

10 PM's.....really?

Old 03-31-2015, 09:06 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Biggus
I belong to several other forums also, 10 pm's is a joke. All others are 1000-2500 pm's for basic (free) membership. Just don't buy into the paying member thing. It's certainly not the money, solid members add value to a site. I'm not going to pay someone to make their business worth more.
Is any business any different? Anything you buy goes to the bottom line and helps in a small way in increasing value.
Old 03-31-2015, 05:37 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 25 Likes on 6 Posts

Your lucky it is 10 PM's, years ago non-paying members got 0. It was changed to 10 when IB bought the site.
Old 03-31-2015, 05:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,047 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Pow Pow, Take that *****es, lmao,

Last edited by F-2 Speedy; 03-31-2015 at 06:06 PM.
Old 03-31-2015, 06:42 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
^^^^^ LOL

When do you work?
What's "work"?
Old 03-31-2015, 07:19 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I paid for a couple years, Other than seeing Rob post some Titty pics I don't need to be in the Exclusive group.. I was gonna say Click but OHhhhhhhh NOooooooo we know about Clicks here.... Lol
Old 03-31-2015, 08:17 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you need great powerboat info, you come to OSO.
If you want to share powerboat info, you come to OSO.
If you are getting screwed and need to bark, you come to OSO.
In the market to buy a powerboat or goodies, you come to OSO.
You want to sell a powerboat or goodies, you come to OSO.
One hand washes the other.

Pay for a membership!

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 04-01-2015 at 01:04 AM.
Old 03-31-2015, 08:22 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,047 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Two less Old Milwaukee Best 30 packs a month, just sayin and you to can have PM's a plenty
Old 03-31-2015, 08:28 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by SpeedGirl
Your lucky it is 10 PM's, years ago non-paying members got 0. It was changed to 10 when IB bought the site.
Ahhh what? Lucky is what you call it? IMHO OSO is lucky to have the members it has that spend the time they do on this board making it what it is. I check on 5 boat forums on a regular basis. 3 of which are very minor league compared to OSO and yet no limit on P/Ms on any of them. Just a simple, "it's the rule" would have been good enough.
As for getting something free and wanting more .....
How much time do you think I've spent on OSO posting projects, reading through posts with the chance I may be able to add something then typing the response out, editing pictures, posting to free hosting and then putting it all together and posting it to the board. Now times that over 2000 times.
Again OSO is lucky to have so many non paying members that contribute. Regardless if its people looking for answers to an issue, people answering those people or just people posting stupid pet videos it's all content and traffic and is why OSO is worth anything and can charge what they do for all those ads over on the side and at the top of the page. So if it was me I would treat non paying members with a little more respect. If OSO could do it with just paying members I wouldn't be here and we wouldn't be having this conversation.
Old 03-31-2015, 09:34 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by f_inscreenname
Ahhh what? Lucky is what you call it? IMHO OSO is lucky to have the members it has that spend the time they do on this board making it what it is. I check on 5 boat forums on a regular basis. 3 of which are very minor league compared to OSO and yet no limit on P/Ms on any of them. Just a simple, "it's the rule" would have been good enough.
As for getting something free and wanting more .....
How much time do you think I've spent on OSO posting projects, reading through posts with the chance I may be able to add something then typing the response out, editing pictures, posting to free hosting and then putting it all together and posting it to the board. Now times that over 2000 times.
Again OSO is lucky to have so many non paying members that contribute. Regardless if its people looking for answers to an issue, people answering those people or just people posting stupid pet videos it's all content and traffic and is why OSO is worth anything and can charge what they do for all those ads over on the side and at the top of the page. So if it was me I would treat non paying members with a little more respect. If OSO could do it with just paying members I wouldn't be here and we wouldn't be having this conversation.
Keep in mind....I don't believe the Mods get paid...so you might be a toe or 2 out of line when it comes to a cash related complaint.
Old 03-31-2015, 09:57 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
Keep in mind....I don't believe the Mods get paid...so you might be a toe or 2 out of line when it comes to a cash related complaint.
That's not 100% true. We got $10 Amazon GCs one year. I think that was 2011.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.