Notices

Shout Out to SnapOn Tools

Old 04-10-2015, 07:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Snap On is the only way to fly! I have some tools I've also inherited from my father, my local rep did the same for my ratchets when they needed to be rebuilt and without question. That's why most of my hand tools are Snap On!!
Old 04-10-2015, 07:17 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok ,,here we go ...Puck Snap On and there overpriced crap ..Used to be good stuff with good warrantee ..Now it's average, over priced and under warrantied..MO
Old 04-10-2015, 07:20 AM
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Cole2534
I love snap on, but proto is a great substitute.
proto is a great tool,,,,,,,but very hard to find in my area.
Old 04-10-2015, 08:17 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

snap-on like many other top grade tool company's use "franchise" to sell their tools...(plenty of guys here that can fill us in on the details of that I'm sure) they have become somewhat "commercialized" and are stepping on these guys somewhat and that is where their quality has fallen off IMO... the snap on label at your box auto parts stores, O'reilly sams, cosco etc....those are cheap made tools, I use the word tools only because that's what the box says LOL.

I am not a tool salesman but have a relative that sell snap on... the tools are great BUT the service is what makes them exceptional! like slippery has found out...but if you have a cr@ppy route guy then you may not speak highly of your tools. you can call snap on direct and let them know about your guy though and they will touch base with him I bet! just my .02
if any of you guys are around the Lafayette Boulder, Longmont CO. area send me a pm and I will get you hooked up with my cousin...he will take care of ya!

I would like to see a pic of the box before and after if you could slippery!
Old 04-10-2015, 08:45 AM
dcb
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LAriverratt
snap-on like many other top grade tool company's use "franchise" to sell their tools...(plenty of guys here that can fill us in on the details of that I'm sure) they have become somewhat "commercialized" and are stepping on these guys somewhat and that is where their quality has fallen off IMO... the snap on label at your box auto parts stores, O'reilly sams, cosco etc....those are cheap made tools, I use the word tools only because that's what the box says LOL.

I am not a tool salesman but have a relative that sell snap on... the tools are great BUT the service is what makes them exceptional! like slippery has found out...but if you have a cr@ppy route guy then you may not speak highly of your tools. you can call snap on direct and let them know about your guy though and they will touch base with him I bet! just my .02
if any of you guys are around the Lafayette Boulder, Longmont CO. area send me a pm and I will get you hooked up with my cousin...he will take care of ya!

I would like to see a pic of the box before and after if you could slippery!
My local SO salesman is so bad I emailed snap on several times and they have done nothing. Found he had "forgotten" to credit my account with over 300.00 of payments, cant get tools, cant get stuff warrantied, doesnt show up sometimes. I have ceased purchases and am paying snap on directly. Snap On customer service is a joke.
Old 04-10-2015, 08:50 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts

Harbor freight !
Old 04-10-2015, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by sy goldberg
Harbor freight !
Haha oh yes, it gets the job done...ONCE
Old 04-11-2015, 11:20 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 84 Likes on 39 Posts

Harbor freight !
HaHa - We live on a lake with a marrow bottom and use a lot of Harbor Freight stuff when working on our docks and lifts 'cause we don't feel as bad when we drop them. The good tools stay in the garage.

I'm going to start the process pretty soon & will post pics of the "resto".

s

1. Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Old 04-11-2015, 01:02 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Harbor freight !
Until quality and country of origin change for the better from several big name competitors, sometimes HF is the ticket.
HF grinders, buffers, and recips cost $30-50, yellow ones cost three times as much, and neither are made on this side of the pond right now. (The yellow ones are coming around to domestic production, though.)
Old 04-11-2015, 05:38 PM
Registered

My friend and I just buffed and polished our boats using a harbor freight buffer. Mine is a 30ft scarab, his a 26 ft albermarle center console. One buffer lasted about 1.5 boats. Did mine and half of his before returning it to buy another.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.