Notices

a look back at races past

Old 04-13-2015, 09:57 PM
Registered

Received 891 Likes on 319 Posts
Default a look back at races past

this is from back when I was crew chief for Alcone Motorsports and we went to Norway for a couple races. I am only in a couple of shots but we had a great time over there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFkbfixP-lc#t=311
Old 04-14-2015, 06:30 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

awesome .a great look at what is was like before internet racing took over. lol

Gilbreath was a force to be reckoned with.I had the enorrmous pleasure to take a ride with him once back in 04..taught me a lot.

Oh well , things change . I just wish they would change for the better.Not the same old .create a new race organization and it will be all better.
Old 04-14-2015, 08:19 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great video!!
Old 04-14-2015, 12:33 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Yea you left me at home in bed. Of all people Link took my place.

This is when I worked with Steve for Alcone Motorsports. When I started it was just Jerry Gilbert (the team manager) Steve Schmidt (The Mechanic) and me The truck driver 1 boat, 1 18 wheeler, and 1 dully. The reason I got the job, the original truck driver Scott was killed picking up a fast food order in Miami. Before it was over There were 2, 18 wheelers, 2 race boats, a 53ft support trl.. a helicopter, with its oun trl. and a dully to pull it, a 47ft formula, with 3, 525 super charged Mercury engines in it, 2 par-a-medics for the helicopter, the helicopter pilot, Mike Jr. driving the support trl. and 4 other people in the crew to take care of the support trl. We won 2 world Championships in the same year. Never been done again in Offshore History.

Last edited by chaser; 04-14-2015 at 01:20 PM.
Old 04-14-2015, 01:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Loved that Video!

I remember seeing Mat Alcone and Jerry Gilbreath racing in Toronto at the Ontario Place Challenge back around 1998 I think. No one could beat them and the boat looked and ran great. When you got it all you got it all, looks, money and talent usually = Winner and Alcone Motorsports were that.
Old 04-14-2015, 03:05 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Last edited by klaatutooyou; 04-15-2015 at 05:35 AM.
Old 04-14-2015, 08:38 PM
Registered

Received 891 Likes on 319 Posts

Originally Posted by chaser

T.
If I recall Mike, you left yourself at home when you tried to squash yourself. seems I went through a lot of truck drivers in those years. Scotty, then you, then Dick falling off the boat and breaking a leg. Glad I drove the pickup instead of the semi. those were the days tho weren't they.
Old 04-14-2015, 11:06 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Yea, What about that Big old Boy from Tupelo that swallowed that whole hamburger??
Old 04-14-2015, 11:57 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by chaser

This is when I worked with Steve for Alcone Motorsports. When I started it was just Jerry Gilbert (the team manager) Steve Schmidt (The Mechanic) and me The truck driver 1 boat, 1 18 wheeler, and 1 dully. The reason I got the job, the original truck driver Scott was killed picking up a fast food order in Miami. Before it was over There were 2, 18 wheelers, 2 race boats, a 53ft support trl.. a helicopter, with its oun trl. and a dully to pull it, a 47ft formula, with 3, 525 super charged Mercury engines in it, 2 par-a-medics for the helicopter, the helicopter pilot, Mike Jr. driving the support trl. and 4 other people in the crew to take care of the support trl. We won 2 world Championships in the same year. Never been done again in Offshore History.
Wow... i didn't think racing created that kind of growth for the teams!
Old 04-15-2015, 08:18 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,066 Likes on 282 Posts

Matt, Jerry and the rest of Team Alcone were some of the classiest and hard running people this sport has ever seen. Key West 1999 ring any bells? MAN that thing was running.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.