Notices

1987 41 Apache

Old 05-01-2015, 08:42 AM
Registered

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by frickstyle
Just curious here, are we talking about a really well setup race boat or a pleasure boat? I would think that changing a small percentage of overall weight on the transom would not have that big of an effect, then again, I have no experience to base this on.

14,000# boat (rough guess)
500# change in hardware (rough guess)
=3.6%

I guess that number is bigger than I thought, but still, will it upset the boat?
ALL apache 41s are wéll set up race boats!, but some do have a couch below deck for banging skanks between races
Old 05-01-2015, 10:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by iliveonanisland
ALL apache 41s are wéll set up race boats!, but some do have a couch below deck for banging skanks between races
So if I am with a nice wholesome woman I can't bang her on the Apache?
Old 05-01-2015, 10:07 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by J-Bonz
Shouldn't it be looked as Force(mass) x Distance. So being the drives are most furthest aft that small amount of drives can have a significant change due to the distance from the CG. I am curios how the boats where set up differently. I imagine the main difference would be fuel tank location. I wonder if there where any other levers that could be pulled..... Engine location?
^^^ THIS ^^^

How about different layups, cabin vs no cabin, ballast tanks, etc...
Old 05-01-2015, 10:16 AM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

So how is it they have side by or stag pleasure and race hulls? And some had extra large fuel tanks and storage for ummmm.... Well anyway how are they all so awesome if there are so many different configurations
Old 05-01-2015, 10:17 AM
Registered

Received 431 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by J-Bonz
Shouldn't it be looked as Force(mass) x Distance. So being the drives are most furthest aft that small amount of drives can have a significant change due to the distance from the CG. I am curios how the boats where set up differently. I imagine the main difference would be fuel tank location. I wonder if there where any other levers that could be pulled..... Engine location?
Yes, I meant to mention the relationship of the drive package COG to the boat COG (whole package), this would make a difference. I think we are splitting hairs here.
Old 05-01-2015, 01:22 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by glenncal1
They would be included under the big bang theory, and as such would be fair game. It's all documented in the Apache manual.

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 05-01-2015 at 01:27 PM.
Old 05-01-2015, 03:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The guy that owns the Canadian boat has had it a long time and did a complete refit in 2009/2010. He spent a lot of money and hardly uses the boat. If it has 20 hours on it since the refit it would surprise me. The drives might have 50 hours on them if that. I arranged for him to buy the drives awhile back when I worked at the Black & Blue company. know he had it surveyed back in 2010 and was valued at about double what he is asking. have not seen it run in a few years but ran good before the refit which I think was a SBS and now it is staggered.
Old 05-01-2015, 04:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by glenncal1
I think u misunderstood me brah... but nice try with that whole nice holesum woman thing... carry on... rm
Old 05-01-2015, 04:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Unlimited jd
So how is it they have side by or stag pleasure and race hulls? And some had extra large fuel tanks and storage for ummmm.... Well anyway how are they all so awesome if there are so many different configurations
Because grasshopper, on the 8th day god created the APACHE 41... and because pam anderson lost her viginity in one... twiced... to 3 different guys...
Old 05-01-2015, 05:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

My boat was a #4 boat has #6s on it now only thing that needs to be done is a good set up with the 6s. Ill call that a #3 has to stay #3 and not go to a #6.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.