Notices

monday morn. troubles

Old 09-09-2002, 08:56 AM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default monday morn. troubles

OK...It's my turn.Was leaving Jellyfish Joels 730pm Sat. Just snapped a beautiful sunset behind the trees on Fairlee creek. Wind calm , water flat , all set for a fast ride back to near the Bohemia River where we were staying and the starboard engine dies. Cranks but doesn't start! Power steering engine of course. Pulled coil wire,no spark and no test light with me. Had 22 mile ride back up the Chesapeake mostly in the dark.Got back 1000pm.
Jump to Sunday morning...had 12v to coil...change module...no help...change dist pickup...no help...Check coil with ohm meter...seems ok. Now 145pm sitting on back seat staring at engine thinking of what else it could possibly Just for the hell of it try to start one more time...look down and found starboard lanyard on the friggin floor You know the rest of the story
BTW saw a number of other Formulas there...were you one of them?
Old 09-09-2002, 09:02 AM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OUCH

that had to hurt
Old 09-09-2002, 09:06 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

OH MAN AND YOU ADMIT IT!!!! LOL That sucks. I had a buddy have that happen to him so now if it ever happens to me it is the first thing I look at

Jon
Old 09-09-2002, 09:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it has happened to all of us. Hey, look at it this way...as frustrating as it was, at least it didn't cost you alot of $$$$.
Old 09-09-2002, 09:43 AM
Registered

I didnt have it happen to quite that effect, but I was out on the lake one day and had to idle 7mi. to the channel in 4 footers only to find a disconnected wire on the back of the ignition switch
Old 09-09-2002, 09:49 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

LOL!! But believe me, you're not the only one.

I once spent a very frustrating 2 hours on the dock with the family waiting impatiently, while I fiddled with everything I could think of to get the damn engine to fire...The lanyard slipped off!

It was a big relief to figure it out finally but I was still very pissed off(at myself).
Old 09-09-2002, 07:56 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Baja Daze,
You had to be worse off than me , you probably had an audience on the dock as well as the family. Oh the embarrasement
Best part of the whole thing is...we've had a few minor problems over the last three years and always the right engine. Always simple bolt on stuff ,starter , water pump , manifold. SO...my wife sez "why don't you pull them out and get some NEW ones" I've been collecting parts for a year and a half , and have everything I need (including those hard to find hydraulic roller lifters) to build and pair of 540's....come on spring 2003
Old 09-09-2002, 10:20 PM
Registered

Got to be a blonde joke there somewhere I hate it when that dumb stuff happens
Old 09-09-2002, 10:36 PM
packinair

LOL... been there done that....... spent 2 F*ing days trying to find out why my motors won't start

Old 09-09-2002, 10:57 PM
blackhawk

Default Blonde Joke

Hey Wellby, here you go:

How do you keep a blonde from driving her boat home?

Disconnect the lanyard!!!

No offense mopower. At least you could admit it!

Quick Reply: monday morn. troubles

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.