Old 05-06-2015, 08:33 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tried to PM you, says your message board is full
Old 05-06-2015, 09:00 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 370ss500efi
Im due for a rebuild in the future, got 550hrs in salt water with the engines never opened up. Trying to gather info for when the time comes. What throttle body do you recommend?
A large monoblade throttle body. You will have to cut the divider out of the upper intake plenum as well. It's not that big of a deal.
You have a few choices. The one from TPIS that BUP mentioned above, CP Performance has one as well as AZ Speed.
Eddie
The following users liked this post:
DMS_ATX (01-24-2021)
Old 05-06-2015, 10:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would that help out a 502 mag?
Old 05-06-2015, 10:43 AM
Registered

Received 339 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
Anyone done this 525EFI Stage 1 Performance Upgrade?

Looking for performance changes and opinions from some that have done this. Mid to larger twin engine boats. Hear it will wake them up in the mid range, looking for some real world, I spent the coin opinions.

Thanks.
It was only a matter of "when" not "if."
Old 05-06-2015, 10:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Cole2534
Would that help out a 502 mag?
It will help the 502 Mag if you are trying to make over about 550 hp. Up to that point, the stock TB is OK. However, if you have the intake extrude honed, then it will certainly help.
Eddie
Old 05-06-2015, 05:35 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Young Performance
We've done the upgrade on numerous 525's.

Eddie

Thank You! Was hoping you would pick up on this.

I am doing the top ends, Isky springs, 10 degree retainers, Crower stainless rockers, Cometic gaskets, your recipe to a "T". One question here if you would, Roller lifters? What would / do you use as replacements? Are the stockers ready at 300 hours?

For what it's worth, I do believe many on here appreciate your comments and knowledge.
I do. Thank You.
Old 05-06-2015, 05:41 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn
It was only a matter of "when" not "if."

You watch it there! I might just bolt a pair of them Wippletaters on this Fountain and come out there and whoop your Donzi azz,

How are things? Hope all is well. Samantha says Hi!
Old 05-06-2015, 07:40 PM
Registered

Thank You! Was hoping you would pick up on this.

I am doing the top ends, Isky springs, 10 degree retainers, Crower stainless rockers, Cometic gaskets, your recipe to a "T". One question here if you would, Roller lifters? What would / do you use as replacements? Are the stockers ready at 300 hours?

For what it's worth, I do believe many on here appreciate your comments and knowledge.
I do. Thank You.
Thank you very much for the kind words. That's what makes it worth all the time right there.
I've yet to run into a 525 that has needed lifters at 300 hours, unless the engine had serious issues. Honestly, if I were going to replace them, I would go right back with the GM lifters that came in it. You can buy just the lifters and reuse your original dog bones and spider, thus saving some money. That is an excellent lifter and is a perfect fit for that engine. There should be no reason to replace them at this point. You will be looking at a complete in the 550 hour area, so I would wait until then if they all look good now.
Eddie
Old 05-07-2015, 08:15 AM
Registered

Received 339 Likes on 118 Posts

You watch it there! I might just bolt a pair of them Wippletaters on this Fountain and come out there and whoop your Donzi azz,

How are things? Hope all is well. Samantha says Hi!
Hey Peter,

Things are going well thanks. If you do decide to go the Whipple route I would highly recommend Eddie. He did the top end on my 525 and was very reasonably priced and great to deal with. Good thing I took it to him when I did because it was just about to grenade.

Tell Sam that Lorrie and I said Hi.
Old 05-07-2015, 09:29 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,291 Likes on 446 Posts

Originally Posted by 370ss500efi
What can be done to the 500efi's to squeeze little more out of them?
you can do quite a bit to them, just remember the weak spot is the stock cool fuel, so once you start giving it m ore air you will have increase the fuel and that system cant handle too much... it go boom very quickly... when it comes time i can give you some good info and you can get up to about 650 hp.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.