Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
any downside to using my trailer as the bed on an airlift? >

any downside to using my trailer as the bed on an airlift?

Notices

any downside to using my trailer as the bed on an airlift?

Old 05-07-2015, 06:21 PM
Registered

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Keith Atlanta
Just skip the floating lift all together and make a 4 post cable lift. Better, faster, and probably a lot less money. Besides, I have had both and my Hi-Tide was way easier to use.
Pics my brother
Old 05-07-2015, 06:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Speedracer29
They know exactly where he's at, but decided he wasn't worth the fuel required for a late-night-black-helicopter-extradition....

Side note- South American gelcoat repair must be a thriving business judging by those videos.
u hav no idea brah... i saw an old man fixing a pos old wooden boat that had cracks and fissures everywhere, i asked what he was gonna fill them with... white cement... wtf. Then brush on some latex paint
Old 05-07-2015, 06:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mseuro
Are you guys sure this is not Jim Darr?
I told you who i am the first time you acted up in here! if you knew whats good for you, you would still be in the corner touching your dirty place.... now google "colombian necktie" ive seen them and they are quite striking in the right light! feel blessed i am letting you off with a second warning... btw youre baffoonery is unexcelled... RAT man

Make sure u search for pics of a colombian necktie so you have a complete understanding... as im thinking you might be just a smidge slow on the uptake...XOXO

Last edited by iliveonanisland; 05-07-2015 at 06:35 PM.
Old 05-07-2015, 07:57 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by iliveonanisland
Pics my brother
http://www.hi-tide.com/product/gear-drive-lift/

http://www.neptuneboatlifts.com/prod...st-boat-lifts/
Old 05-07-2015, 07:57 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

I admittedly didn't read the entire thread. Why not drive 4 pilings at 2 electric motors and make a reg hanging lift. Cables to the trailer frame as the cradle. Hoist and lower electrically. Seems like a lot less bs if you can drive te pilings

I just saw the last couple posts. Haha. Same thought I had on page 1.
Old 05-07-2015, 08:13 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin
I admittedly didn't read the entire thread. Why not drive 4 pilings at 2 electric motors and make a reg hanging lift. Cables to the trailer frame as the cradle. Hoist and lower electrically. Seems like a lot less bs if you can drive te pilings

+1

Thats what I am trying to get at....

A lot less fooling around.
Old 05-07-2015, 08:55 PM
Registered

We are in the national park system and those folks are REAL touchy about putting things in the water, there are too old jettys i can rebuild.. i will add to em a bit so i can have a little basin to park my boat in.

there are coral reefs everywhere so there are no jetskis or other water toys allowed. i will feel it out with the park folks after i get further along. How they feel about it, im really making the island z much nicer place for tourism, so i think in a little time i will have more pull with them...

Some billionaire tourist woman gave 4 million dollars to build a big solar power plant on our and small neighboring island... im getting my place hooked up which is cool, and the park service got the government to pay for the diesel for the genset that is part of the system. I pay a cool 10 bucks a month, they also now have a government boat come 2 times a week and haul off all the trash... so there are pros and cons far as park guys go but a plus over all?

Anoyher thlught that occured to me was placing 2, 8" red mangrove trees which is so dense it sinks... line them up anchor them, then use my trailer on top of the trees without wheels like a train on the tracks, i have an 8k winch on my jeep i almost never use. But im not sure it would work long term, as anchoring them might be kind of tuff to where i get 20 years plus of service out of them.

now on the cable lifts im going to look at some and see how they work, and what hardware is involved.. thx, rm
Old 05-07-2015, 09:10 PM
Registered

Interesting story i thought id add, the solar plant was given to 40 native families, about 200 people, that have been squating on my partners land! His father bought 32 acers of the 50 acre island 30 yrs ago. He was killed by pablo escobar 26 years ago, my parnters mom took him and his sister to miami. She bounced back and forth and kept all the family beef farms running, and making big money, but never went to the island, so some colombian natives started building little shacks there and they were pretty entrenched when she finally found out! there is an on going legal battle to get them to leave. my ptnr offered them a piece of land worth 500k dollars cut into 40 titled pieces they said no... so im just building a fence around there little pueblo and will pretty much ignore them! I thought maybe they could be bought out for a million bucks or so and the solar plant would be ours.. they arent interesred..
Old 05-07-2015, 09:19 PM
Registered

How deep do the pilings have to set? It would be tough here as there is coral every where.

ive sunk pilings with a garden hose and a 10ft 1 inch od tube with small opening on the end so it had a lot of velocity, i had 70lb pressure in my home. Right behind my place jn florida i sunk pilings about 6 or 7 feet probably could have gone deeper, but for what ur talking about i bet they need to go in 12 ft and i doubt i could get them in. No chance of getting a pile driver there