Speedonthewater.com To Carry Live Feed From SBI Cocoa Beach Season-Opener >

Speedonthewater.com To Carry Live Feed From SBI Cocoa Beach Season-Opener

Notices

Speedonthewater.com To Carry Live Feed From SBI Cocoa Beach Season-Opener

Old 05-11-2015, 04:38 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,234 Posts
Default Speedonthewater.com To Carry Live Feed From SBI Cocoa Beach Season-Opener

Another option for viewing SBI's season-opener next Sunday, http://speedonthewater.com/in-the-ne...-season-opener
Old 05-11-2015, 05:01 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

WOW!

Padraig
Old 05-11-2015, 05:11 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Ok .

But listen up . Don,t waste air time on who used to be .

Focus on this race .and the teams who have done their due diligence to be here for this race .

If you focus attention to these teams at this race , maybe more teams lusting for the limelight will show up ,and continue to show up for the whole season .
Old 05-11-2015, 05:42 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Originally Posted by klaatutooyou
Ok .

But listen up . Don,t waste air time on who used to be .

Focus on this race .and the teams who have done their due diligence to be here for this race .

If you focus attention to these teams at this race , maybe more teams lusting for the limelight will show up ,and continue to show up for the whole season .
I have zero idea what you're talking about. As an SBI employee, you should know or at least understand that the feed comes out of SBI. We have a piece of code we embed in our content (that you don't have to understand) that presents the livestream feed on our site rather than an external link that takes you elsewhere. We have zero control over what appears in the feed itself.

As for your "coverage" suggestion, thanks a ton, but our policy has always been: If you win you're in. Beyond that, once again, I have no idea what you're talking about. If you have a specific complaint, air it specifically. Otherwise, thanks again for the advice.
Old 05-11-2015, 09:23 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

I think what he means is more spotlight on the boats who arent always out front might push them to attend more events...i think.
That being said, I think you have always done a great job giving equal coverage to pretty much everyone so who knows. Good deal on the live stream!
Old 05-11-2015, 10:23 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Originally Posted by TeamSaris
I think what he means is more spotlight on the boats who arent always out front might push them to attend more events...i think.
That being said, I think you have always done a great job giving equal coverage to pretty much everyone so who knows. Good deal on the live stream!
I hear you Johnny, but the harsh reality of all competitive sports is that, outside of pure human interest stories, the teams that win are the teams that get coverage. (Hence you win, you're in.) From the journalism side, it's a matter of limited resources (you can't write about everyone) and reader interest, meaning that you have to go with the story that delivers what most people want, and most of the time that is who won and how they won. On a daily news site such as speedonthewater.com, that's the goal of race reports—to provide more detail than a results sheet, but less detail than a 2,000-word magazine feature, in as close to real time as humanly possible.
Old 05-11-2015, 10:25 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
I hear you Johnny, but the harsh reality of all competitive sports is that, outside of pure human interest stories, the teams that win are the teams that get coverage. (Hence you win, you're in.) From the journalism side, it's a matter of limited resources (you can't write about everyone) and reader interest, meaning that you have to go with the story that delivers what most people want, and most of the time that is who won and how they won. On a daily news site such as speedonthewater.com, that's the goal of race reports—to provide more detail than a results sheet, but less detail than a 2,000-word magazine feature, in as close to real time as humanly possible.
No argument from me Matt. Keep on doing your thing, its obviously working!
Old 05-11-2015, 10:31 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Originally Posted by TeamSaris
No argument from me Matt. Keep on doing your thing, its obviously working!
I understood that. I just think it's reasonable to explain why we do things the way we do them. Like any other profession, when you're inside you tend take a lot of that for granted and you assume everyone knows why you do things. I have no problem explaining it. In fact, I'm grateful people care enough to ask.