Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Need help getting into a boat (info on yrs etc) >

Need help getting into a boat (info on yrs etc)

Notices

Need help getting into a boat (info on yrs etc)

Old 05-24-2015, 03:20 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

Firstly, I apologize for picking at your posts and possibly taking a few things out of context, no offence intended here. .

Originally Posted by FL335i
The closest thing I found to what I want is a '89 Sea Ray Pachanga.
I don't think the Pachanga is what I want. A 26' Formula from the 90's or a Wellcraft Scarab 26' from the 90's is what I'm looking for.....
The pachanga is NOT for me. Nor do I want a carb boat. I want fuel injection. I searched Orlando, Tampa, Miami and Ft Myers Craigslist. This is what I want so bad I could trade my twin turbo bmw for it if he would......................
I really like the 25-27' Cuddy boats like this formula!!!!.......................
This is the ticket man!!!..........................
Anyone want to trade a boat like this for a '07 BMW with 420HP and showroom condition hahaha.

https://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/boa/4959456446.html
^Yes, this Formula boat is a gem. Just hope I can find one like this in about 6 months when I'm ready to pull the trigger on the deal. So sounds like I'm on the right path. I really want to stick with a Formula boat from I've been seeing.........................
This Formula I found is the best example (minus front seats) of what I am looking for. Could not come up with anything better.
^ I'm not writing off a 26' scarab......................
I really like the Formula cubby entry too. as mentioned.
I got my BMW up for sale.................
^I'm just about dead set on the EFI 7.4L Formula 252...........................
I put up my BMW for sale last night. If I could sell it I have a 252 in my sights down in Miami...........
^I will keep my options open. I did some more research on the Formula 252's. Apparently they're not a true 24* vee bottom boat. 22* apparently.......................
That 26' Donzi ZX is top of my list!!!!! That is literally exactly what I want...............
^The Donzi looks awesome....................
^I am in love the 26ZX. Perfect size. 1x engine. 454. EFI. White/RED. Bolsters. 2001 model.....................
Right now I have my BMW up for sale (Ebay, CL & Autotrader) so once it's gone I can go start kicking tires...............
But the dons is EXACTLY what I want......................
But first the bimmer must go!
All I can say is I hope you get a buyer for the BMW (nice sounding car by the way) very quickly and hopefully before the Donzi gets sold and you change your mind again.......lol.

We're all hoping for a good ending and maybe some photos!

RR
Old 05-24-2015, 07:05 AM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

I think you could also be very happy with a Velocity 280. Fast with a deep cockpit, bolsters very decent cabin for the length of the boat and did I say fast?

Padraig
Old 05-24-2015, 07:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^That's pretty much what I was thinking. Why spend 10-15k on a teal/purple mid 90's boat that's 20yrs old. When I can spend 3-5k more and get a later model boat that looks a heck of a lot better and will probably serve me better and be cheaper in repairs and maintenance. I am in love the 26ZX. Perfect size. 1x engine. 454. EFI. White/RED. Bolsters. 2001 model. It does need some TLC and cleaning up, but i'm ok with that. Spend a weekend or two scrubbing it down inside and out. Right now I have my BMW up for sale (Ebay, CL & Autotrader) so once it's gone I can go start kicking tires. I've learned more about boats in the past month than I ever knew. Even when I had a bow rider and jon boat... didn't know half this stuff. But the dons is EXACTLY what I want. It has a re-man engine. I would need to figure out if they have papers on the rebuild and who did it. How many hours are on the boat itself etc. But first the bimmer must go!
Boats are super fun but the one thing that rings in my ears.............."The easy part is buying a boat"

The thousands of dollars of repairs and hundreds of hours of labor to keep up.
My body is aching bad today did 1 side of the triple axle trailer.... bearings, race, brake plates,need a few pain pills to go back out and finish,lol.
Old 05-24-2015, 09:05 AM
Registered

MichiMike hit the nail on the head. I just had to replace the winch, bump stops, and EVERY rusted out lag bolt that holds the bunks to the trailer on my 31' Scarab... and next week I get to replace the steering pin in one of my outdrives. It's like having another kid. Totaly worth it but also a constant pain in the ass! Being able to have a place to work on it is a must, but if you can keep it at home even better! When I want to work on it I have to put the kids to bed first, wait for the old lady to give me the ok, then drive to the storage lot, hook it up myself, Being it to my shop, get it backed in and set up in the building, work on it all night, then clean the shop back up, Bring it back to storage, unhook it, go home, shower, and go to bed (usually for only 2 or 3 hours cause then it's time to get up for work). FML
Old 05-25-2015, 03:56 PM
Registered

^Dammit man lol. FYL. My plan is similar, but bring it to the house for the weekend to do the work and then back to the storage unit. I work in the water treatment plant business. I'm well versed in 304 or 316 SST hardware due to corrosive environments. I can see that anything I replace will be SST.