Interstate vs autocraft batteries >

Interstate vs autocraft batteries

Notices

Interstate vs autocraft batteries

Old 05-20-2015, 07:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdave
Does Deka still make batteries or anyone ever used them? I had a pair of 1000's in my old Scorpion years ago and liked them a lot. Those things took a beating and never seemed to wear down. I have been using interstate lately and happy. You could not give me Optimas, had trouble with every one I tried. They seem to have a sketchy following people either love 'em or hate 'em . . . . .
Deka does still make batteries - in fact they're made by East Penn and their Duracell branded AGM Marine version is sold at Sams Club for about $100. I put three of the group 31s in this year - but too new to give a report on how well they hold up.
Old 05-20-2015, 07:59 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Interstate is my second choice on batteries and I am in the camp of Optima's suck just strange that its the same company maybe its the spiral wound whatever it is....

The batteries I run are Northstar I run them because I'm scared of not starting on the water and have to be towed even though I have a Honda portable for extended times on the water there are plenty of times I roll without the generator on board. Northstar has the military contract and the batteries take a beating in those vehicles. Yep they cost more probably the most expensive on the market but for what you spend on everything else on your boat another $60 a battery seems cheap to me.

I use the 34M but they have them all
http://www.northstarbattery.com/nort...ne/marinrv.php
http://buy.northstarbattery.com/p/ns...-battery?pp=24
Old 05-20-2015, 08:08 AM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

Costco's batteries under the Kirkland brand are made by Interstate. Obviously cannot say they are identical to those branded Interstate but mine have lasted.
Old 05-20-2015, 09:17 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 249 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by sb
your boat nswered your question before you had the question.

Edit in: Get the same exact interstates you have, they sell several different models within the same size.
agreed!
Old 05-20-2015, 09:26 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_dA393rClY
Old 05-20-2015, 01:21 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

reading this thread reminds how much i hate re-branding and marketing BS. . . . . What . . . . The . . . . F! . . . . it makes for a very cloudy and murky marketplace (which is what they want). Whatever happened to selling a product based solely on its own merit . . . . .
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 05-20-2015, 02:00 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

reading this thread reminds how much i hate re-branding and marketing BS. . . . . What . . . . The . . . . F! . . . . it makes for a very cloudy and murky marketplace (which is what they want). Whatever happened to selling a product based solely on its own merit . . . . .
Died out shortly after the Model T and right about the time the majority of folks quit caring about quality and only purchased based on cost...
Old 05-20-2015, 02:28 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

Toyota Corolla or Geo Prizm ? Which was better ? LOL.
Old 05-20-2015, 02:43 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I initially had good luck with the interstates, 27M-XHD, starting batteries, the originals lasted 3+ years so I replaced them with the same and one that I bought 10/2013 just died this past weekend, only 1 year warranty on them.

From now on I am buying these 3 yr free replacement, made by Odyssey for Sears. Same battery as the Odyssey.
http://www.sears.com/diehard-platinu...1&blockType=G1