Super Boat International : Live Broadcast Commentary Clarification

Notices

Super Boat International : Live Broadcast Commentary Clarification

Old 05-22-2015, 11:48 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,772 Likes on 1,247 Posts

Originally Posted by flat rate
It wouldn't fit the rules even with legal engines. My understanding it can't have a rudder like superboat. #6 or steerable arnson drive
Right, but if the other Extreme teams said, "OK" then the rudder—and the engines—don't matter. My guess, without hearing anything back officially from SBI (and I asked again) is that Xtremeracing is correct.
Old 05-22-2015, 12:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 137 Likes on 82 Posts

! And it's my understanding from that camp that they don't have a answer and that Peter wasn't happy.
Old 05-22-2015, 01:27 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by flat rate
! And it's my understanding from that camp that they don't have a answer and that Peter wasn't happy.
He wasn't happy about a whole lotta things .
He went off on the xtra weight added to bow .he told them not to .
He got a little upset at them running wide a couple times ,
So yea I bet he is mad if he didn't know who he was racing ?
Old 05-22-2015, 01:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bullhead
If it was agreed on by the other race teams (Hooters and Twisted Metal) I find it odd that one of the announcers, Peter Meyer, who owns the Hooters team, was not aware that Lucas was running in his class until the other commentator told him during the first race
Mark where do you get your information? I don't know about Billy but Peter never agreed to have Nigel's boat with those motors in that class.
Old 05-22-2015, 01:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Xtremeracing
Last i heard was that Lucas was building new motor, but he has a huge weight disadvantage so the class voted to give it a shot. There are 2 other SVE that should be done soon and this might change depending on how they vote.
When was this vote and why Peter not there?
Old 05-22-2015, 01:59 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

I spoke with Nigel Hook this morning for another story I'll be doing on his team and future efforts (and they have some big and very cool plans).

According to Nigel, the decision to move his boat into the Extreme class was made in March by SBI leadership because Lucas Oil/SilverHook had been deemed "too slow and a potential hazard" for the Unlimited class. Hook did not want to make the change as he believes the boat is competitive in rough water, and runs "outside" the Unlimited pack in smooth water. However, because his boat is substantially heavier (approx. 1,500 pounds) than the other boats in the Extreme class, it was deemed to be appropriate to place there because of its power (Mercury 1075s) to weight ratio. Again, for the record, he wanted to continue to race in the Unlimited class, but that was no longer an option

As for who was informed/consulted when, I have no idea. But based on what I learned from Nigel, the decision was not made by the members of the Superboat Extreme class.
Old 05-22-2015, 02:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 68 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by extras
Mark where do you get your information? I don't know about Billy but Peter never agreed to have Nigel's boat with those motors in that class.
I think we are saying the same thing......when I watched the livecast Peter was obviously caught by surprise when Stan said Nigel was running with them
Old 05-22-2015, 02:42 PM
Registered

Sorry Mark. I missed the first word of your post "If". I know Peter was unhappy to say the least.
Old 05-22-2015, 04:27 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Bullhead
If it was agreed on by the other race teams (Hooters and Twisted Metal) I find it odd that one of the announcers, Peter Meyer, who owns the Hooters team, was not aware that Lucas was running in his class until the other commentator told him during the first race
OK, Everybody that was in the Drivers meeting Sunday (Race Day) Rase your hand. During role call, The chief referee (Richie Dansisen) STOPED after he called out Lucas Oil, and said "You do understand that you are running in Extreme. They answered with a very LOUD "YES". With EVERYBODY there!
If it were not agreed on by the 3 teams involved "WHY" "WHY" was it not questioned Right then in the Drivers meeting before the race.?????????????????????

Matt, if your waiting on an e-mail from SBI to base your reporting or clarify something . As per experience you might not get a replay . As per John Carbonell " we don't have time to answer every e-mail that comes into the office. Especially the ones from people telling me how to run SBI"
Old 05-22-2015, 08:51 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Originally Posted by chaser
OK, Everybody that was in the Drivers meeting Sunday (Race Day) Rase your hand. During role call, The chief referee (Richie Dansisen) STOPED after he called out Lucas Oil, and said "You do understand that you are running in Extreme. They answered with a very LOUD "YES". With EVERYBODY there!
If it were not agreed on by the 3 teams involved "WHY" "WHY" was it not questioned Right then in the Drivers meeting before the race.?????????????????????

Matt, if your waiting on an e-mail from SBI to base your reporting or clarify something . As per experience you might not get a replay . As per John Carbonell " we don't have time to answer every e-mail that comes into the office. Especially the ones from people telling me how to run SBI"
Whether or not anyone from SBI answers, I am obligated to present questions relevant to the organization to them in my reporting. Otherwise, I wouldn't be doing my job—at least responsibly. So regardless, I ask and, believe it or not, unless the question has to do with an open legal matter I get an answer through someone representing the organization at some level. Or I get them through the racers.

No one, myself included, is telling anyone how to run SBI. But if a sport is put out there for public consumption then people—especially the fans the sport hopes to attract—will have questions. Why shouldn't they? In this case, the question about Lucas Oil's new class designation in Cocoa Beach was a valid one. I think Nigel Hook, the main man behind the team, answered it in my post above.

As to who was informed about what when, to me (and maybe just me) that question isn't that important. Clearly, the racing organization made a decision that may or may not have been independent of the other members of the class.

Have a nice Memorial Day weekend.

Last edited by Matt Trulio; 05-22-2015 at 08:53 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.