Notices

Super lightweight cover

Old 05-27-2015, 12:29 PM
JB Marshall
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Smitty
509---thx. I did check and it appears they are no longer in business. And I did find a few negative experiences with them. I am looking to spend maybe $200 or so since all I need is to have something cover the top.

I also did not have a nice experience with Carrie Covers back in 2005 and I'm not surprised if they are out of business. Bad customer service will take a business down every time.
Old 05-27-2015, 01:17 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

get ahold of Brian41 he purchased a bunch of nice misc padded/storage shipping covers from Baja when they moved. I got one for a 38 Special that is very nice, all felt lined and has a ratchet system to snug it down.

If he does not have one i can sell the one i have here, i just use it for temp storage but dont really need it.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 05-27-2015, 06:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Unlimited jd
Roll of plastic from Home Depot?
The light disposable tarp/poly solution makes a lot of sense. Just hang the roll on a horizontal pole.

http://t.homedepot.com/p/Husky-12-ft...200C/202184033
Old 05-27-2015, 07:24 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Others have mentioned the plastic type material and I have used this 3M product works really well if your a prime member free shipping. I am not sure if it's the product or the boat but this has a lot of static to it and stuck right to the boat just by itself. I still have over 300'.

http://www.amazon.com/3M-06723-400-P.../dp/B005RN2O68
Old 05-29-2015, 08:21 AM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all of the ideas. Just to clarify, I am looking for a cover that one person can get on the boat. A sheet of plastice would be a challenge for me. I want something I can hook on the bow and pull it back from there.
Old 05-29-2015, 08:33 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Smitty
Thanks for all of the ideas. Just to clarify, I am looking for a cover that one person can get on the boat. A sheet of plastice would be a challenge for me. I want something I can hook on the bow and pull it back from there.
I take an old spare tire/wheel from a snowmobile trailer (the fat kind with lots of rubber), pull plastic up to the bow, set the wheel on it gently, then walk to the back of the boat, climb on the swim platform, and drag the sheet up and over. Takes no time at all.

And yes, I HAVE forgotten to remove the wheel whilst removing the plastic and had it fall on my head...so don't do that.
Old 05-29-2015, 11:14 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just bought a 35' diameter parachute from eBay this morning for the same purpose. Total cost with shipping was $90.00. Will see how it works.
Old 06-09-2015, 09:43 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the original shipping covers Dave mentioned for the 36 Outlaws. I also have several the factory 36 Outlaw mooring covers in different colors in stock.