SMX A/C Unit Quetion and VacuFlush System >

SMX A/C Unit Quetion and VacuFlush System

Notices

SMX A/C Unit Quetion and VacuFlush System

Old 05-26-2015, 06:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SMX A/C Unit Quetion and VacuFlush System

I bought a Sea Ray 280 Sun Sport with A/C. While using it this weekend it gave me an error of PS/HI. Has anyone seen this? Also I see on some other post they run water lines to cool these. Where does the water come from? I see a sea cock in floor just ahead of the motors. What is this for? The vacu flush system says it has a "discharge"? Is this where the waste would discharge if I engaged it? Also when I open the sea cock water comes out of a pump just ahead of it in the bilge? These seems strange to me, so I closed the sea cock. Any help or insight into how these systems work would be great..

This is my first boat with either of these systems. Sorry for not sounding like I know what I'm talking about.I just don't really on these yet??

Mike
Old 05-26-2015, 10:30 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You need water for your AC to run or it will error out and shut down. Push the reset button in on the AC unit and make sure the seacock for you AC is open.

Your vacu flush will discharge into a holding tank. Which will need pumped out. You can not discharge overboard. Sounds like it'd be best to have someone show you the ropes on the operation of this
Old 05-26-2015, 11:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So the discharge is not overboard? I know this is illegal in the great lakes so I was concerned about that.

Copy on the sea cock for the a/c.
Old 05-26-2015, 11:38 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Correct. Discharge is illegal in inland waters. Should go into a holding tank via vacuum tank 1st. When holding tank is full ( do you have level sensors?) no mo go. . Till you pump out at marinas dock side pump out. You may have a macerator that grinds it up and discharges over board, but legally that has to be disabled by either removing the lever or putting a lock on it in the closed position. Do you pull water from the lake or freshwater tank?
Make sure your strainers are clean and the lids tightly sealed. Should be zero water leaks when you open the seacock.
Old 05-26-2015, 11:41 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Have to be outside the 3 nautical mile line to discharge overboard. Which naturally means oceans and or gulf. No discharge inland at all!