Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
GOFAST boats safe for children? >

GOFAST boats safe for children?

Notices

GOFAST boats safe for children?

Old 06-03-2015, 01:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was winching it on the trailer by the time i was 7. i could dock it at 8. and i could back it up the driveway when i was 9. its all about how YOU raise them on the boat.
Old 06-03-2015, 06:14 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tommymonza
At the Ripe Old Age of 12 my father cut me loose in our 26 foot Monza by myself. Granted it only had twin 165 s and could barely do 50 but I beat the hell out of it out on Lake Michigan anytime the waves were rolling big.

Truthfully ? Child services should have taken my Dad away
I think for most of us in the same generation - Child Services- would have hauled our dad's away!!

To be honest - I wouldn't have it any other way-- I do the same crazy stuff with my kids - my wife roles her eyes and shakes her head -- kids need that today!! From what I've seen most are raising a bunch of "Candy's"

3pointstar
Old 06-03-2015, 06:37 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

It's all fun and games until they get strung out on juice boxes and pin the throttles or barf in the cuddy.
Old 06-03-2015, 06:53 AM
Registered

Received 569 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by Speedracer29
It's all fun and games until they get strung out on juice boxes and pin the throttles or barf in the cuddy.
This is true. I did throw up a bunch of starburst candy I ate one time.
Old 06-03-2015, 09:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I probably wouldn't let the 10 year old take it out by himself unless he was VERY proficient at running the boat, and it was a calm day, and the kid never forgets to wear his lanyards, is willing to wear a life vest etc.

Offshore boats are as safe as any other boat for passengers much younger than 10. You need to trust the operator, and limit bad decisions like drinking etc. There are very few people I would trust to take young child out on a rough day to run hard, and most of them are on this board.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:50 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

My kids, 17 & 14 have been boating since 6 months old. It would of been sooner, but both were born at the end of the season.

I can't say I really drive the boat any different based on the kids. I don't want anything to happen to adults on my boat either.

They have seen most any condition, fast, slow, rough, calm, hot, cold, t-storms, rain, etc. etc.
Old 06-03-2015, 12:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,051 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
ok....who are you. IP check isle 12.
My thoughts exactly
Old 06-03-2015, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 179 Likes on 88 Posts

Any boat is only as safe as it's captain. My son was 3 weeks old when he first rode in the Scarab. Wife worried about the noise scarring him. Busted the first motor, he looked around. Busted the second motor, he just grinned!!!
I said "There's my next lake buddy"!!! He's been on just about every boat I've been on since!
Old 06-03-2015, 12:47 PM
Registered

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by seafordguy
My oldest and youngest were on my boat at 10 and 9 days old respectively...... I definetly remember doing 65 with my youngest on his maiden voyage - at 9 days

Common sense is all it takes...... I don't run wide open with them and don't go pound waves, but I don't really use the boat that way anyways
So u fess up to ur oso brethren you avoid waves.... I say ban this poser for unmanly behavior
Old 06-03-2015, 12:50 PM
Registered

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by CDShack
Any boat is only as safe as it's captain. My son was 3 weeks old when he first rode in the Scarab. Wife worried about the noise scarring him. Busted the first motor, he looked around. Busted the second motor, he just grinned!!!
I said "There's my next lake buddy"!!! He's been on just about every boat I've been on since!
Sounds like a good day baotin with ir boy.

One of my buds haz a pro street car with a kiddie seat between the wheel tubs and roll cage

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.