Notices

OPA Miss Geico win??

Old 06-03-2015, 08:18 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default OPA Miss Geico win??

Did miss Geico race themselves at the OPA opener? Are there no other boats in their class? How come the other big boys from Superboat not race the OPA?
Old 06-03-2015, 11:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 370ss500efi
Did miss Geico race themselves at the OPA opener? Are there no other boats in their class? How come the other big boys from Superboat not race the OPA?
Thankfully MGR sponsored the Jersey races, plus all the SBI races, and is helping keep the sport alive. Broadco converted to supercat, and keith from CCD is running in CC for the SBI season. CC sold the green monster and went to supercat, so not much left at OPA for MGR to race. Look for that class to change at the Lake Race this weekend.

CCD, CMS x 2, Real Speed...

Last edited by Donzi ZX; 06-03-2015 at 11:33 PM.
Old 06-04-2015, 06:43 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

does cat can do still have the baker 111 boat ?
Old 06-04-2015, 08:05 AM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by klaatutooyou
does cat can do still have the baker 111 boat ?
The late Bob Morgan bought it years ago. Bobs estate has been trying to sell it.
Old 06-04-2015, 08:29 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bill63
The late Bob Morgan bought it years ago. Bobs estate has been trying to sell it.
thanx .that was great boat after cc d repaired it and updated it .
Old 06-04-2015, 12:15 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So should we have left the boat on the trailer or just not shown up to a scheduled event ?

As you know OPA has no race fees and is an open group of racers that allows all types of boats to race the extreme class....turbines included. Yet.... with all the big shots in the north east and all the HP under the hatches ... not one showed to run against us...... yea.... there are plenty of fast canopied boats out there and it was a light chop bay race.

We can't force people to show up so maybe post the question to the other canopy race boats in the region as to why they don't show. We post our schedule early and fulfill our sponsors requirements. We had a great warm welcome from our Jersey friends and family and used the event as a test session. We will be in Atlantic city at the end of the month.

Think anyone will show? We can always give them a head start

Last edited by MissGeicoRacing; 06-04-2015 at 12:17 PM.
Old 06-04-2015, 12:27 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MissGeicoRacing
So should we have left the boat on the trailer or just not shown up to a scheduled event ?

As you know OPA has no race fees and is an open group of racers that allows all types of boats to race the extreme class....turbines included. Yet.... with all the big shots in the north east and all the HP under the hatches ... not one showed to run against us...... yea.... there are plenty of fast canopied boats out there and it was a light chop bay race.

We can't force people to show up so maybe post the question to the other canopy race boats in the region as to why they don't show. We post our schedule early and fulfill our sponsors requirements. We had a great warm welcome from our Jersey friends and family and used the event as a test session. We will be in Atlantic city at the end of the month.

People would be pissed if you guys didn't run! Geico makes a huge presence at the races and they are very cool to see.
Old 06-04-2015, 12:30 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If no one shows, I'll take a 3 lap head start... I like my chances
Old 06-04-2015, 03:04 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

Don't think the point of the thread is to hate on you guys winning by your selfs. But rather the fact that the turnout is not good for the sport.

I could be wrong but that's what I feel/think

Thanks for doing what you guys do!
Old 06-04-2015, 04:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by joew.
People would be pissed if you guys didn't run! Geico makes a huge presence at the races and they are very cool to see.
I;m pisssed that I don't get to see them racing anymore at the St. Clair River Classic and Port Huron/Sarnia International Powerboat Race along with some Super Cat Boats that use to come there but that is life. I agree that Miss Geico has always been a presents no matter where they raced and if it was by themselves, at least they were there to put on a show which they did and take on anybody and I do miss them. I hope that one day they return.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.