Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
1992 26' Sleekcraft; I have some sort of vibration in middle of boat when leg up?? >

1992 26' Sleekcraft; I have some sort of vibration in middle of boat when leg up??

Notices

1992 26' Sleekcraft; I have some sort of vibration in middle of boat when leg up??

Old 06-25-2015, 01:14 PM
dna
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
I think some professional help is in order. (a real professional, not bobslist)
This boat stuff is not in your wheelhouse.
Really. Well in 1 week, working on it about 2 hrs per day after work, I managed to take off the drive, swap gimbal bearings, swap ujoints, align engine, and reinstall drive with properly connecting shift cable - all this that I never did before. Only help I had was the 1 hr when the bobslist mech came over to take off the ujoints. Also during this time, I swapped all plugs, swapped cap and rotor, tested resistance on my wires, and changed fuel/water filter. Sure I had to ask some questions which you pros would consider dumb, but its just cause I am not a pro and sure I could use force when something doesn't go smoothly, but always better to get opinions/knowledge first as sometimes force is not the way.

Other than your short-minded comment, I appreciate the feedback from this forum - was great help. And youtube!
Old 06-25-2015, 01:39 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow! I'm tired (and sore) just reading this thread! Gotta admit this guy is not easily deterred! If I had the will and determination, I might attempt what he has, except for one thing. It has almost ALWAYS cost me more trying to fix stuff like this because I ended up either taking it to someone else or breaking three other things while trying to fix one. Keep the faith and good luck at 4600rpms!
Old 06-25-2015, 04:45 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like dna decided to help his kid get that loose tooth out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imtLQS2W7CA
Old 06-25-2015, 06:26 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by CrownHawg
Wow! I'm tired (and sore) just reading this thread! ...
Butt-hurt sore? You're doing it wrong then.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 06-26-2015 at 08:05 AM.
Old 06-25-2015, 06:44 PM
Registered

You guys realize we don't all live a stones throw from multiple marinas and or dealerships,right.
Old 06-25-2015, 06:56 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

I am not.wasn;t trying to discourage the guy from working on his boat..... I was trying to save him time, aggravation and money. I provided him links to manuals and information. I suggested he step back from the frustrating situation for a moment to educate himself and understand the systems involved.
Old 06-25-2015, 09:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by phragle
I am not.wasn;t trying to discourage the guy from working on his boat..... I was trying to save him time, aggravation and money. I provided him links to manuals and information. I suggested he step back from the frustrating situation for a moment to educate himself and understand the systems involved.
I get that but we all started somewhere.
some farther than others , and I'm definitely not calling you out , but to many of us, if you can bust out another ten instead of another thousand life is good!
Old 06-25-2015, 10:57 PM
Registered

Received 4,326 Likes on 1,241 Posts

Hey if it all works out then fantastic, but if you ruin the coupler and have to pull the motor or worse you`ll think my comment was worth its weight in Gold. Sometimes you gotta know your limits. If you`re trying to pull a bearing out with an ATV your limits might have been reached.
Good luck thou,if all goes well a few bucks saved doesn`t end up costing you thousands
Old 06-25-2015, 11:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Hey if it all works out then fantastic, but if you ruin the coupler and have to pull the motor or worse you`ll think my comment was worth its weight in Gold. Sometimes you gotta know your limits. If you`re trying to pull a bearing out with an ATV your limits might have been reached.
Good luck thou,if all goes well a few bucks saved doesn`t end up costing you thousands
Ok mr smartest azz in the world , go back and read the whole thread . I'm pretty sure I told him that !
Old 06-26-2015, 08:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Butt-hurt sore? You're doing it wrong then.
After just replacing the impellors on my boat, about the only thing that don't hurt is my butt!! I often think all boats were designed by the Marque D Sade!