Notices

Wireless Intercomm

Old 06-19-2015, 09:00 AM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts
Default Wireless Intercomm

Anyone using SRC (Sampson Racing Communication) Bluetooth wireless headsets?

http://www.sampsonracing.com/Wireles...-two-place.htm

They look interesting and priced quite reasonable compared to others.

Thanks,

Padraig
Old 06-20-2015, 08:01 AM
Registered

It looks like no one has the wireless headset.

Is anyone familiar with Sampson Racing Communication???

Padraig
Old 06-20-2015, 08:29 AM
Registered

Received 4,316 Likes on 1,241 Posts

Reviewer: Timbo from Fl City, FL
I went with this system after talking to the owner and its fantastic! My wife and I now have complete hearing protection, stereo music and can now have a full conversation while tooling along at over 50mph. Thanks Shawn!
50MPH!!? Whoa! Slow down there buddy any faster and you`ll end up back in 1985!
Old 06-20-2015, 12:10 PM
Registered

LOL
Be carefull the guy might have a 38 Flat deck.

Padraig
Old 06-20-2015, 10:32 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Location: East Texas Waterfront- running errands if anyone asks
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
50MPH!!? Whoa! Slow down there buddy any faster and you`ll end up back in 1985!
I think maybe that comment came from an air boater. They are extremely loud. But not so fast.

Let us know if you try a set Padraig.

" Air Boating! December 2, 2013
Reviewer: Timbo from Fl City, FL
I went with this system after talking to the owner and its fantastic! My wife and I now have complete hearing protection, stereo music and can now have a full conversation while tooling along at over 50mph. Thanks Shawn!"

Last edited by Flightplan; 06-20-2015 at 10:37 PM.
Old 06-21-2015, 10:04 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wireless marine headsets aren't new, see the Tiger Preformance product line.

www.tigerperformance.com
Old 06-21-2015, 10:41 AM
Registered

Thanks but besides being much more expensive the Tiger Permance requires a seperate tranceiver.

Settcom also makes a bluetooth headset but when I asked about using it in a environment where it may get rained on or splashed they said it was not advised. Seems strange as they list it for marine use and fire departments.

Padraig
Old 07-25-2015, 09:17 AM
Registered

I have put off ordering the Sampson Bluetooth headsets http ( ://www.sampsonracing.com/Wireless_High_Noise_hearing_protection_headsets_p/h502-two-place.htm )as we had some unexpected bills lately so we did the Battle Ship run without any. We were lucky and ended up with fourth place and $400! My wife said the money should go toward the headsets so last week I ordered them.

Tried them out yesterday and they work great. Ran the boat up to 70+mph and no problems, could hear each other fine although when Darlene was standing there was wind noise but nothing so bad I couldn't hear her voice. Sampson Racing recommends putting a strip of electrical across the front of the foam covering the mic but I wanted to try it first without. We will try the tape today. I have not yet paired the headset with my phone or a music source but will later. To tell the truth I really don't care that much about being able to get calls on my cell phone while on the boat or streaming music while running.

The electronic guts of the system are a Sena SMH10R. This is used by motorcyclists and normally installed in helmets. Sampson installs the unit in a headset along with a boom mic. The headset seems well built and so far is comfortable but I am sure on a long hot day that may change. The Buffalo poker run will give it a good test.
Old 07-25-2015, 01:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These looks decent for a good price padraig. Please keep me updated if you get a set as i'm looking into them myself. My question is, in everyones opinion, when are these justifiable to have really? I dont wanna be the tool around my parts running around at 70-8omph with headsets if theyre not really needed then. I do find it difficult to talk at all the a passenger at that speed and usually resort to hand signals, so to me, that justifies it lol
Old 07-25-2015, 02:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Blackedout02
These looks decent for a good price padraig. Please keep me updated if you get a set as i'm looking into them myself. My question is, in everyones opinion, when are these justifiable to have really? I dont wanna be the tool around my parts running around at 70-8omph with headsets if theyre not really needed then. I do find it difficult to talk at all the a passenger at that speed and usually resort to hand signals, so to me, that justifies it lol
See my last post.

So far I like them but have only been out once. For just easy rides I likely don't need them. However if conditions are snotty or at a busy Poker run it is nice to have another set of eyes and the ability to easily communicate.

Frankly I think of it as a safety thing as much as a convience. We will be going out late afternoon today and returning after dark. I think it will be nice to have good communication coming back in the dark on a busy Saturday.

You people who have intercoms, what do you think?

Padraig

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.