Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Twin Towers/Raceboat pic (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/32761-twin-towers-raceboat-pic.html)

Lee 09-11-2002 08:45 AM

Twin Towers/Raceboat pic

1 Attachment(s)
:(

Dredgeking 09-11-2002 09:36 AM

I bet there are quite a few pics of race boats and the twin towers. It would be great to see all the pics that everyone has. At the Corpus Race they raffled off a pic by Tom Newby from last year's SBI race ( I think it was that race). I would love to buy that photo if anyone knows how to get a hold of one.

Jana 09-11-2002 12:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
September 1998 SBI race. (Sorry about the poor quality. I have it bigger for my screen saver, and it didn't shrink well. I'll rescan from the original tomorrow.)

Wally 09-11-2002 01:37 PM

This is the poster from Powerboat mag they were selling. If anyone wants a copy let me know and i'll email you one......I think it should be ok since they sold out of them and as far as i know they arent selling more.....unless someone can tell me other wise! :D

Advantage_Rob 09-11-2002 02:01 PM

Hay Wally, could you e-mail me a copy of that, I tried to get a copy myself, but by the time I got around to ordering it they were sold out already. It's an awesome picture, one of my favorites!

[email protected]

Dredgeking 09-11-2002 02:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
this is one i found from powerboat mag.

Dredgeking 09-11-2002 02:32 PM

wally, that is the photo they raffled off in corpus. i'd love to buy it if someone knew where to get it.

Strike 09-11-2002 02:53 PM

Wally

Could you email me that photo? Appreciate it!

[email protected]

Strike

satisfaction69 09-11-2002 03:10 PM

Wally: I'll take a copy or email me a screen size pic of the SBI race.

Also anybody out that has 1 any way to make a duplicate I'll gladly pay the duplicate costs and S&H or find out if they'll sell more of them.

Strike: plan on doing WNY fun run next year with my own boat:D
Later Sat69
Email: [email protected]

ToddW 09-11-2002 03:29 PM

Wally,

I'll take a copy.

Thanks
[email protected]

Wally 09-11-2002 03:36 PM

No idea about the raffle thing but i do happen to have an original of this pic here. I got lucky and found it on eBay for $20 :D

I have the ability to print out poster size pics here at work on the CAD plotters but i dont want to get in trouble tieing up their systems.....i'll check to see if its cool. Maybe i can make a few copys.

Originally posted by Dredgeking
wally, that is the photo they raffled off in corpus. i'd love to buy it if someone knew where to get it.

Dredgeking 09-16-2002 01:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
i saw this on the AT website. thought i would add it to the collection.

never forget. :(

Bosco 09-16-2002 06:49 PM

It's still hard to fathom in this day and age such evil can exist !:confused:

sonic99 09-16-2002 08:53 PM

Wally,
Please e-mail me a copy.

thanks!
jill

[email protected]

Tejas Raz 09-16-2002 09:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Posted by Ron P to his NJPBC email newsletter. Taken on 9-9-01.

It meant a lot to me to get it. My wife is a flight attendant for a prominent east coast carrier. She RON'd in Newark, NJ that night and looked across at this view 2 hours before the attack by those miserable pieces of sh*t! I've never been there, so to see what she saw that morning while I waited 5 days to get her back meant a lot.

Thanks Ron,

Scott

Payback's a Muther Bin Ladin! You & your's time's are a coming!!!

42 SS 09-16-2002 09:29 PM

Wally,

You dont miss a thread. I would like a copy of the picture, and let us know if you can do the poster.

[email protected]

Thanks, Steve

Shanghied Again 09-17-2002 03:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
When we had our 22ZX at the SBI Race in 1999

Wally 09-17-2002 08:30 AM

I've emailed everyone a copy of the pic that asked....if you havent got one let me know.
As for Posters.....I'm gonna see when i can print a few off for you guys and i'll email you if i can get them done! :D :D

GLH 03-18-2009 07:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Anyone has a better res pic than this My honey wants to give me a framed deal of this for my B-Day eventhough it is the Skater they ran before the dinghy I got@!

fastdonzi 03-18-2009 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by GLH (Post 2824203)
Anyone has a better res pic than this My honey wants to give me a framed deal of this for my B-Day eventhough it is the Skater they ran before the dinghy I got@!

I have that same pic hanging next to my front door, I got it from the owner of Powerboat before they sold out. He stays here once a year.

mmareno 03-18-2009 08:41 PM

I got the one from Power boats with all the old SBI boats running.

Drambuie.. etc. with the towers in the backround. But it won't let me load them

The size is 2816x2112 its says its too big ??? Not sure what I can do to post it!!

Matt Trulio 03-18-2009 09:10 PM

Guys,

Thanks to all of you (and Tom Newby, who donated his work) that poster raised a lot of money (I don't remember how much) for one of the September 11 funds. Unfortunately, I don't believe there are any left, nor are there plans to produce additional copies.

Quinlan 03-19-2009 06:39 AM

GL Pm me some shipping info. I have just what you are looking for.

Quinlan

AugiePensa 03-19-2009 07:43 AM

Sept. 9, 2001 before really becoming nuts I was a patrol boat for SBI. I was taking photos(yes The Godfather was a patrol boat taking pictures). Well it was a year and a half later when my wife took out the film a got it developed. There was Planetman (Tim Ciasulli & Crew) in the middle of the Towers, two days later they were gone. I had a poster made for Tim and it now sits in his Trophy room. If I can find the photo I will put it up. Pretty scarey finding it a year and a half later.

mmareno 03-19-2009 09:04 AM

That is the same one I have.. My wife got it because I wanted it of the towers and Drambuie.. I didn't know that was a skater in that.

I have the actual poster. I can get a copy of it for you?? I have a friend in the Print business...

Let me know

fantastixvoyage 03-19-2009 09:59 AM

Wow so many interesting stories surrounding that print.

For me I tried to get a print but they were sold out before I ordered one. I was at sterling when they were doing the Alcone, Drambuie, etc boats in the picture and it was a print I just had to have. For my birthday that year low and behold my sister had beat me to it and even had it framed. That has been on the wall in my room ever since (and that includes moving 4+ times).

Then I was hanging out a couple months ago with a high school buddy I hadn't seen in years. We got to talking about boats and he had heard i got bit by the offshore bug pretty good and mentioned he had been hanging on to a poster for me. When he pulled it out yep you guessed it...the one from Powerboat mag. What's really cool is we haven't hung out since 2003 or so and yet he hung on to it specifically for me. Now I've got one in the bedroom and over the bar. Pretty cool. :cool-smiley-011:

40FlatDeck 03-19-2009 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by mmareno (Post 2824495)
That is the same one I have.. My wife got it because I wanted it of the towers and Drambuie.. I didn't know that was a skater in that.

I have the actual poster. I can get a copy of it for you?? I have a friend in the Print business...

Let me know

I would love to have a print. Let me how much.....

Erik
[email protected]

Wahoo ATV 03-19-2009 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Lee (Post 367201)
:(

I have seen this picture in a couple of McDonalds in Michigan.

Lance Vincent 03-19-2009 03:46 PM

How do i post a pic ???

Pat D 03-19-2009 05:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have the poster framed and take it with me to many of our race sites because people never get tired of seeing it.

This picture was taken the weekend of the SBI race, on the saturday evening before 9/11, from the ferry boat.
Click on the picture and it gets even better.
Just wanted to share one of my favorites.
Pat D.

mmareno 03-19-2009 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by 40FlatDeck (Post 2824629)
I would love to have a print. Let me how much.....

Erik
[email protected]

I will call him over the weekend. I will let everyone know when they are done.

oceanoutlaw 04-05-2009 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by mmareno (Post 2824960)
I will call him over the weekend. I will let everyone know when they are done.

mmareno
any luck on the prints

Racegirl3 04-05-2009 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Lance Vincent (Post 2824764)
How do i post a pic ???

You have to be a paying member ...

You can email it to me if you like and I will post it for you

racegirl @ racegirl3 .com

mmareno 04-05-2009 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by oceanoutlaw (Post 2836849)
mmareno
any luck on the prints

the pics are copy R'd.. Not sure how else to do it? Any suggestions.

GLH 04-05-2009 07:40 PM

This is the best resolution I have for you who want to save it....

Thanks to speedgirl!

http://www.limestonedev.com/images/race.jpg

SpeedGirl 04-05-2009 07:43 PM

:eek: Thank Wally - he sent it to me :drink:

Barrydet 04-05-2009 07:52 PM

twin towers photo

Can someone coach me on how to download and save post #35..thanks

sean stinson 04-06-2009 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by AugiePensa (Post 2824441)
Sept. 9, 2001 before really becoming nuts I was a patrol boat for SBI. I was taking photos(yes The Godfather was a patrol boat taking pictures). Well it was a year and a half later when my wife took out the film a got it developed. There was Planetman (Tim Ciasulli & Crew) in the middle of the Towers, two days later they were gone. I had a poster made for Tim and it now sits in his Trophy room. If I can find the photo I will put it up. Pretty scarey finding it a year and a half later.

Augie

I got a copy of the same shot with the date on the bottom and everything. My buddy was at the race and he was gracious enough to let me make some copies of it when I was doing some stuff for him!!!!

Sean

Dueclaws 04-06-2009 08:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's another. Rather small, but classic.
Due