Notices

Boat US Rentals

Old 06-26-2015, 10:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boat US Rentals

Anyone ever used this service before? It wouldn't be terrible to rent like this.

Did you ever think your boat could pay for itself? Boatbound has revolutionized boat ownership by creating America's largest peer-to-peer boat rental marketplace. Renting your boat 1-2 times a month when you aren't using it could mean your boat will pay for itself (and your BoatUS Membership).

And now, as a BoatUS Member, if you list and rent your boat (at least once) before September 30, 2015, Boatbound will extend your BoatUS Membership and upgrade you to the Unlimited water towing service for an additional year .

With Boatbound you never have to rent unless you are 100% comfortable. With over $15M in bookings planned through Boatbound last year, demand is skyrocketing. It's 100% FREE to list so get started today and join the community.

List Your Boat Now
Boatbound provides owners with:
Up to $1,000,000 in liability protection
Up to $2,000,000 in hull damage protection
On-water towing assistance from BoatUS
Control over pricing, availability, and who can rent
Simple and secure payment through direct deposit
Complimentary professional photography to showcase your boat

Last edited by BBCLiberator; 06-26-2015 at 11:01 PM.
Old 06-27-2015, 08:58 AM
Registered

I have a friend considering this from the renters end. He travels a lot and thought it was a cool concept. Most of the boats he saw were pleasure boats or pontoons. I'd be very hesitant to rent my boat or a offshore boat to someone knowing how fast they could get in trouble or damage the boat.
Old 06-27-2015, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

I thought about it cause i never get to use mine at all.

Prob not a bad idea really as long as they protect it.
Old 06-27-2015, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
I thought about it cause i never get to use mine at all.

Prob not a bad idea really as long as they protect it.
I would think the blown drive or a high RPM blowing rod through the side of the block might be tougher to sort out (wear and tear vs. abuse) than say a 4 stroke 150 Yamaha on a deck boat.

I would surprised if Offshores were included in the rental program........I have seen Corvette rental cars but not 69 Big Block 4 speeds!
Old 06-27-2015, 10:17 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
I would think the blown drive or a high RPM blowing rod through the side of the block might be tougher to sort out (wear and tear vs. abuse) than say a 4 stroke 150 Yamaha on a deck boat.

I would surprised if Offshores were included in the rental program........I have seen Corvette rental cars but not 69 Big Block 4 speeds!

They prob don't allow them for that very reason. If they provided a coverage for something like that I am sure it would ease the mind but like you said I am sure they don't and not worth the risk in that aspect.
Old 06-27-2015, 01:01 PM
Registered

I agree, I wouldn't rent my boat out, but it sure would be nice on some of the lakes where we go that don't have a place to rent a boat, this may give a few options anyhow.

Last edited by BBCLiberator; 06-27-2015 at 01:32 PM.
Old 06-27-2015, 01:10 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

There's another site that lets you captain your own boat. Forget the name off hand. I've definitely thought about it. Getting paid to run around in your own boat and making money for a change. Could be sweet.
Old 06-27-2015, 09:28 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,123 Likes on 473 Posts

Three things I could never rent out:
Family
Loved ones'
My boat

Couldn't sleep at night knowing someone else was thrashing any of the above.

RR
Old 06-28-2015, 07:45 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

I would think a non-step TG with fresh paint, mild power and 3a's would be an ideal offshore rental. Even a Mystique or Cafe would be ideal. You have the brand recognition and the mild setups really shouldn't get anyone killed. With today's prices you might even make a few bucks!