Notices

Reggies swollen head

Old 09-13-2002, 12:30 PM
Registered

Received 253 Likes on 101 Posts

TOO OLD,
let me clarify my position for you since you seem to read things in my posts that are not there. i am not bashing fountain boats quality, did you read anything like that in my posts? apache/saber boats are what turns my crank, i never claimed they were superior to any other boat, did i? yes i do own my own company, not as large as reggies ,but small businesses have problems that big business does not have , bottom line is we all have business issues. i never questioned his management skills neither. my problem with him is he puts down two other well respected boat builders that have built a few boats that have kicked fountain butt more than once!where i come from that is arrogance, plain and simple. i may feel i build a better product than my competitor, thats fine, but i do not go around making blanket statements that basically are unprovable.IMHO his arrogance will be his downfall , as it has been with so many others.
Old 09-13-2002, 12:47 PM
bobby daniels

Default Re: Marketing genius?

Originally posted by Cigwillie
I'm not about to argue the fact, however, announcing your company is in danger of folding doesn't seem to be the best way to entice people to buy. Who wants to spend that kind of money only to have the company disappear? The threat of closing the doors at Fountain has been going on for some time now. It's amazing to me that anyone would buy a new Fountain for that reason alone.
I know Fountain a public company and its financial condition is a matter of public record. I wouldn't highlight it, though.
I guess it's the nature of the offshore beast that many manufacturers are not guaranteed tomorrow.
WHO GOES TO THE FACTORY FOR SERVICE ANYWAY ?AND PARTS ARE ALL OVER THE COUNTRY ,WHY NOT BUY HIS BOAT AND BY THE WAY ALOT OF SMALL COMPANIES ARE CUTTING BACK LETS BASH THEM FOR TRYING TOO
I'M NOT BASHING ANYONE , THERE ALOT OF NICE BOATS OT THERE
,WHEN YOUR ON TOP EVERYONE FIRES AT YOU,AND HE'S CERTAINLY ADVERTISED ENOUGH TO STAY IN THE SPOTLIGHT!!!!
HAVE A GOOD WEEK END MAY-BE WE WILL GET SOME RAIN TO REFILL OUR LAKES

Last edited by bobby daniels; 09-13-2002 at 12:53 PM.

Old 09-13-2002, 12:54 PM
Registered

when you own a "orphan" value goes down ask a yugo owner. my question again, how can they 500+ boats a year at those prices and not make money?
Old 09-13-2002, 01:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I doubt they've been anywhere near 500/year in a few years...Ask anyone who used their shop during the sbi races...not a lot going on. Secondly, advertising and racing costs a nice chunk I'm sure. Warranty work also amounts to quite a substantial amount. Just look at the gas tank situations and fullthrottle42's situation. I'm sure there's plenty more.

It's also a fact that they're in some serious debt...That's a lot of money out the window when you're on the payment plan. There's more in the way of debt out there than there is inventory and capital.

That's just what I hear...

It's a sad shame too because Fountain makes one kick-ass boat...There records are undeniable...
Old 09-13-2002, 01:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by SABER28
IMHO his arrogance will be his downfall , as it has been with so many others.
Probably right...Because it's certainly not due to the boats themselves.

The boat speaks for itself.

Perhaps it's been foolish to blow away so much money on racing and hosting National race series. But when you're reputaion and ego depend on being out on the race course so you can put it in pring the next month, I guess it's a catch 22.
Old 09-13-2002, 01:24 PM
Registered

mr offshore,
mcdonalds sells more burgers than anyone, does that make their burgers better than anybody elses? some might argue that the more product you make the less you can control quality. employees simply do not care like an owner would. records are made to be broken and somebody will top him before you know it. bottom like is top speed is just one measure of boat performance.
Old 09-13-2002, 01:29 PM
bobby daniels

YES I WOULD SAY McDONALDS IS BEST TO MOST PEOPLE
IF THEY SELL MORE BURGERS ,SO THEY MUST BE NUMBER ONE ????

Old 09-13-2002, 01:34 PM
Registered

mcdonalds sells more burgers because they advertise more that anyone else and they have more locations than BK, wendys, etc.
yes i know subway now has more locations, there is REAL marketing genius, getting you to pay $7 for a cold sandwich that you could make a home for $1.
Old 09-13-2002, 01:42 PM
bobby daniels

Originally posted by SABER28
mcdonalds sells more burgers because they advertise more that anyone else and they have more locations than BK, wendys, etc.
yes i know subway now has more locations, there is REAL marketing genius, getting you to pay $7 for a cold sandwich that you could make a home for $1.

NOT TO ARGUE,AREN'T THEY STILL NUMBER ONE THOUGH ??
THEY GOT FROM ONE BURGER TO NUMBER ONE BY TONS OF HARD WORK AND HAVE STAYED NUMBER ONE ,I AGREE ON SUBWAY,

Old 09-13-2002, 01:46 PM
Registered

mike
i'm curious what info. do you use to rank boats? that's a large can of worms your opening

Quick Reply: Reggies swollen head

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.