Notices

Reggies swollen head

Old 09-16-2002, 11:40 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Saber I do not think that my opinion of him would change if his company failed. I hope that people do not change their opinion of me and my work if my company can not weather this most recent curve ball that I have been tossed. Remember you do not run a company like that on your own. He has a board of directors and a lot of people that go into the decision making process for those boats. Hell maybe some one was skimming off the top some were and they never caught it in the "good" times and now it is coming to haunt them. I mean there are so many variables hear that we could speculate for ever and NEVER be correct about it.

Jon
Old 09-16-2002, 11:52 AM
Registered

Received 253 Likes on 101 Posts

peoples opinion of your character should'nt change, but opinions of your business skills might. when you put yourself up on a pedestal , you just have further to fall down. hope you get your problems solved, i have my own business too, ain't it fun! good luck
Old 09-16-2002, 12:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you think he has a ego, he's got alot of wins. go out and beat him. wild chid and i beat him and his son in miami last year.2 outerlimits and a cig 1,2,3. but then he got us in the flat water.
Old 09-16-2002, 12:17 PM
Registered

SABER28,

Yup, you are EXACTLY right I said that. See, I have been racing and running poker runs for some 10 years now. I have many top three finishes to my credit on the racing circuits, APBA, SBI and the now defunct U.S. Offshore. I have seen and at times been in these same aforementioned boats when they have out run and out handled boats that were much, much larger. I have seen a 28 Ocke Mannerfelt BatBoat with a single engine walk by 30 Shadows and 32 Skaters. I have seen and run in 24 and 28 Skaters easily pass and run more smoothly than much larger vee bottoms. It does not make those Vees bad boats, this is merely to illustrate the inaccuracy of your prior statement.

Cheers,

Shane
Old 09-16-2002, 12:21 PM
Registered

Damn,
Ya'll still screaming at each other Must be a rainy weekend
Old 09-16-2002, 12:28 PM
Curt

Saber, let it go. This whole thread is a boring rehash of old opinions. Who really cares?

Old 09-16-2002, 12:38 PM
bobby daniels

Talking

OK EVERYONE KNOWS NOW SABRE 28 THAT FOUNTAINS HAVE BEAKS AND SWIM PLATFORMS ,SO WHAT THEY STILL LIKE THEM AND BY THEM AND LOVE THEM WHY DO YOU CARE ?? SOME PEOPLE LIKE FORDS SOME CHEVYS THATS WHY THEY MAKE SO MANY MODELS OF CARS AND BOATS
HIS ABILITY TO ADVERTISE AND SELL IS WELL KNOWN ,I OWN 3 HOLES IN THE WATER ONE IS A 2002 42 WITH #6S ECT,AND I LIKE IT,, YOU LIKE YOUR SARBRE GREAT!!! THEY BOTH SERVED A PURPOSE ,
EVEN CIG ,HAS NEW OWNERS THE INDUSTRY IT SELF IS IN TROUBLE LETS LEAVE THE MAN. ALONE ,,,THEY HAVE IT TOUGH ENOUGH ,

Old 09-16-2002, 01:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man O' Man..... This is why I own a Formula.!! No posts like this, the Porters have too much class to ever go on like Reggie. .....
now there's one for ya'....the Porters & their racing efforts are a CLASS act.
REGGIES thoughts: ...... (and it does get him MAJOR attention.)
Just remember that most all POLITICIANS say: ANY media coverage is good, it gets your name out there. That's what he wants!!!
His boats are kinda attractive but I have not seen one here hold up as well as a Formula...... I personally prefer the "finished", flowing solid design of Formula's. I doesn't mean his (Fountain)is not a good boat, they are fast, Most Fountain owners I have met, seem to be of the more aggressive type ( that is not bad!!)and add things to go faster. Some will go a LOT FASTER, BUT NOT BECAUSE OF REGGIE. They would go faster in anything!
Old 09-16-2002, 01:39 PM
Charter Member #319
Charter Member

Originally posted by Troutly

I met him once, too. Damn near tripped over him!
Old 09-16-2002, 02:12 PM
Registered

Enough bashing, you all sound like a bunch of little old ladies at a tea party with nothing better to do.

Quick Reply: Reggies swollen head

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.