Looking to buy a 32-35 something. Few questions

Notices

Looking to buy a 32-35 something. Few questions

Old 08-25-2015, 09:13 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

Originally Posted by wfo1
I am in the same boat, or not. Looking pretty hard at 35 lightnings and 32 SS Sunny's. I am just not sure I can get used to the left hand throttles on the fountain.
I wouldn't be put off by left hand throttles. How many. fountains out there and do owners get used to it? Yes!
How do you manage driving a car with a manual shift at your right hand? No problems. What about the millions who drive on the left side of the road and have a manual shift at their left hand? It just comes natural and I'm sure you can adapt.

Good luck lefty/righty.

RR

Edit: spelling, damn I-pad corrected "shift" into a naughty word and it got edited!! Lol.

Last edited by rak rua; 08-26-2015 at 08:46 PM.
Old 08-26-2015, 01:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rak rua
I wouldn't be put off by left hand throttles. How many. fountains out there and do owners get used to it? Yes!
How do you manage driving a car with a manual shift at your right hand? No problems. What about the millions who drive on the left side of the road and have a manual **** at their left hand? It just comes natural and I'm sure you can adapt.

Good luck lefty/righty.

RR
I agree. I've driven a Fountain a few times prior to buying mine and the whole left/right throttle is mostly in your head. Once you get behind the controls and you figure out pushing forward with your left hand makes happy times, all the left hand throttle anxiety goes away. Seriously though it wasn't a big deal after about 10 mins.