Notices

Vinyl Repair

Old 07-20-2015, 12:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vinyl Repair

Has anyone ever repaired a vinyl repair on their boat? One of my bolsters caught on the bolt that holds it up and ripped. The ripped vinyl is now catching on the bolt when i go to put the bolster down. I was wondering if there is some sort of patch kit that somebody reccomendations. Luckily for me the tear is not very visible when the seat is down and is non existent when the seat is up, but I would still like to get some kind of patch on it (if possible)
Old 07-20-2015, 02:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've used the 3M vinyl repair kit. Has different colors of resin, grain papers and a small tool to heat the repair and set the resin. I have 3 years on a repair on a seat with no signs of it giving up yet. Color match wasn't perfect (you have to mix to the color yourself - even white isn't stark white ususally), but throught the years it has blended better. Most would be hard pressed to find it.

http://www.amazon.com/3M-08579-Leath.../dp/B0058WXNOK
Old 07-20-2015, 02:08 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 259 Likes on 92 Posts

you might want to poke around a couple dealership used car lots. They usually have a mobile guy or two that could probably take care of it. Having delt with lots in the past i gotta say i was pretty impressed with some of their work.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )