Mike Fiore Memorial Run Info??

Notices

Mike Fiore Memorial Run Info??

Old 07-24-2015, 07:01 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 74 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Mike Fiore Memorial Run Info??

I know there are a few different runs scheduled, but I'm interested in the Trenton N.J. run next weekend. Poker Runs America is hosting, but really no info on the site. What is the route, and how long is the run?
Old 07-24-2015, 08:29 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Here is the link to PRA. The entry forms are on the site. We are running from Toms River down to Atlantic City, then back to Toms River.

http://www.pokerrunsamerica.com/comp...ly-31-august-2

Last edited by OL40SVX; 07-24-2015 at 09:59 AM.
Old 07-24-2015, 09:38 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OL40SVX
Here is the link to PRA. The entry forms are on the site. We are running from Toms River down to Atlantic City, then back to Toms River.
What time are you leaving Toms river Saturday? I was going to run north and watch you guys come into AC. Any idea of timing for getting to AC?
Old 07-24-2015, 12:01 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

New Jersey's PRA Fiore Memorial Run July 31st - August 2nd

Approximately 60 miles one way.

White line is the group that chooses to stay inside the entire way.
red is the Offshore Group.

I will be in the air covering this event.

Typical departure between 11 & 11:30 AM. Check with PRA for the exact times they estimate to leave.

Some boats may start to arrive in AC between 12:30 & 1PM .

That Offshore Group line is deliberately drawn to run offshore. You would like to be at least 1.5 to 2 miles offshore before reaching Beach Haven as there are shoals in that area.

This is simply a rough sketch just to give you an idea and not to be used as the official course.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]543483[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Mike Fiore Memorial Run  Info??-ac-course.jpg  

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

Last edited by SHARKEY-IMAGES; 07-24-2015 at 12:05 PM.
Old 07-25-2015, 03:52 PM
Registered

What happened to the run? I went north almost to toms river n back to the golden nugget. No action!
Old 07-25-2015, 04:11 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

7/31/2015 - 8/2/2015

As stated in my post above.
Old 07-25-2015, 04:39 PM
Registered

that would do it
Old 07-27-2015, 09:40 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

A couple of FYI for people from outside the area doing the run. I have run both many times and there are pluses and minuses to both. Offshore its a wide open run and you get to enjoy the Atlantic Ocean (good, bad or other). The inshore run is much more scenic and is really enjoyable but needs to be run as more of a cruise or rally than a ballz to the wall run.

Notes:

The bay is fairly deep and forgiving for the north end of the run (up to the point where the groups split offshore and inshore), but you should favor from the intercoastal to the Western shore.

For the outside group - When you head out of the bay, it is a narrow channel that leads out to the inlet and the inlet itself can be a little like a washing machine depending on the tide. As Tim said stay at least 1.5 -2 miles off the beach especially at the South end of Long Beach Island. I have been a mile offshore by the Holgate inlet and seen birds standing on sandbars.

For the inside group - the bay gets very shallow heading south and you must follow the intercoastal waterway which includes two slow speed no wake zones. (Unless someone who knows the area leads through the unmarked "back" channel). The no wake zones are about 20-30 minutes total but run along Long Beach Island and you get a nice look at the houses and marinas there.

I Can't make the run due to a prior commitment but may run down to A/C after the run to say hi to some people.