OT - Someone Finally Said It

Notices

OT - Someone Finally Said It

Old 09-13-2002, 09:18 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by GRH
We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from.

From a fledgeling nation of revoltist settlers to a world superpower 200 some odd years later, things will change!!!

This is our nation, we have our ways, we have our language....they will learn to assimilate. It is to be expected throughout the rest of the world, why not here!!!!

GRH,
Awesome post, thanks!
Old 09-13-2002, 09:18 AM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Re: OT - Someone Finally Said It

Originally posted by seanclong

I'm sure glad George Washington and the rest of the founding fathers didn't feel this way.
But they did this to better the country for you and me. Do you REALLY think the PC people are making this a better place for our children

You know all those guys that signed were doing real well here in the British Colony. And all suffered deeply for it later on. But they DID it for the GOOD of the country. It would be hard to find that kind of MAN today to do what they did. And THANK GOD they they were MAN enough to pull it off!!
Old 09-13-2002, 09:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Yeehaw!!!! That about says it. My grandparents came from a different country - and when they moved here they learned the language and adapted to the way things are done here in the USA!!
Old 09-13-2002, 09:21 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally posted by nautigirl
Yeehaw!!!! That about says it. My grandparents came from a different country - and when they moved here they learned the language and adapted to the way things are done here in the USA!!
My Parents too...They did not sneak in, they did not hop borders...They instead waited it out, sent in the applications and got their visas(the right way)....They adapted, changed, learned and studied...without the aid of all the crap they have today...They learned english, they took their driving tests in english, and they found LEGAL jobs and pay taxes to become a contribution to this nation...Today they are the most patriotic couple you could meet...they cried along with everyone else this past year....

I think it is to be expected! We are now too lenient!

Last edited by Baja Daze; 09-13-2002 at 09:23 AM.
Old 09-13-2002, 09:26 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Baja Daze

I think it is to be expected! We are now too lenient!
Definitely agree with you here. Obviously I have nothing against people coming here for a better life, but we also need to look out for the people who are citizens here NOW and keep their safety and future in mind!!
Old 09-13-2002, 09:35 AM
Registered

Default Re: Re: Re: OT - Someone Finally Said It

Originally posted by gmhdfan

But they did this to better the country for you and me. Do you REALLY think the PC people are making this a better place for our children

You know all those guys that signed were doing real well here in the British Colony. And all suffered deeply for it later on. But they DID it for the GOOD of the country. It would be hard to find that kind of MAN today to do what they did. And THANK GOD they they were MAN enough to pull it off!!
My only point was this: We cannot expect to freeze the country in its present state. Change is necessary and, even, desired to prevent stagnation. Anybody who longs to keep the U.S. exactly like it is presently eschews the basic American principle of progress.
Old 09-13-2002, 12:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

When I was in the Miami airport I had to ask if anybody spoke English. I couldn't find anyone.
Old 09-13-2002, 01:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally posted by Quiet Storm
When I was in the Miami airport I had to ask if anybody spoke English. I couldn't find anyone.
It's pretty damn upsetting if you ask me...

At a gas station, I couldn't find anyone to tell me which way the bathroom was and my wife had a hell of a time asking for a map....Not one person spoke English or simply didn't want to talk to a gringo. I'm sure they would have learned really quickly had I not paid.

Troutly, nice job!!! Thanks!
Old 09-13-2002, 01:49 PM
Wild Horses

Hell... I'm on a roll today. This applies to Canada even more than the US. I too have nothing against immigration but I am fed up with the f*&king immigrants coming over here and expecting…. and getting handout after handout until they get on their feet. Some of which never do. If you want in this country, we speak English – except in Quebec of course. How he hell am I too expect a system developer to code when they can hardly speak never mind write in English. Can everyone tell there is a bug up my ass today? ) Come visit our nation, take a drive around and you will see where the US is heading. You should not be allowed in unless you can immediately contribute to this nation and society OR you are a BBBB. This does not mean getting here, getting welfare, going to school, getting a grant, working a couple of years and then going home or to the states. I’m not a religious person…. Please do not crucify me it is my right, but I am the first person to stick up for anyone who has their own religion. I remember in school the Lord’s Prayer; most kids today in Canada do not even know what it is….. AND LEARN HOW TO DRIVE, GET OUT OF THE FAST LANE. There…. I’ve said it too. I need to go home and go out for a blast.

WH

Old 09-13-2002, 05:55 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm offended when I pull into a gas station or convenience store and the don't speak ENGLISH. It's MY damned country and I feel loke a foreigner
I'll bet if their pants were on fire they'd yell HELP in English

Quick Reply: OT - Someone Finally Said It

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.