Where to get married in the Bahamas? >

Where to get married in the Bahamas?

Notices

Where to get married in the Bahamas?

Old 08-07-2015, 02:46 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One thing about Atlantis when I went there I wanted to loose my virginty!! Because I was in heaven When I went there!
Old 08-07-2015, 05:59 PM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by hogie roll
Guana cay!
Originally Posted by Liquid Fix
My suggestion would be Treasure Cay in the Abacos. http://treasurecay.com/
Awesome beach and a good central hub for daily boat excursions to explore the surrounding islands.
You can easily spend a week and never visit the same island twice!

Both great destinations but they will be a hassle to get 20-30 out of town guests to/from.
Old 08-08-2015, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got back from island hopping through the Abacos. It was a great place. Facebook me and you can see the pics. (Cameron Murray) We hit Green Turtle Cay, Great Guana Cay, Lubber's Landing on Lubber's Quarter (Austin is the OSO member that owns it, but it is just three small cottages - very nice, but not what you described you wanted), and Hopetown on Elbow Cay. There are some marinas and mini resorts in Hopetown that might work, as well as a couple on Greeen turtle Cay and Orchid Bay Marina on Great Guana Cay. I also hear nice things about Treasure Cay.
Old 08-08-2015, 09:12 AM
Registered

we are starting to lean towards renting several units in a mini resort, be the easiest way to keep everybody in the same area. Treasure Cay looks very nice and we could fly down to the cloisters for the day if that's where we have the ceremony.
Old 08-08-2015, 09:52 AM
Beak botr
VIP Member

So, we were married on the Windjammer SV Fantom in the Bahamas. There were three couples on that cruise, we anchored off Abaco and the minister of tourism/ordained minister did the service with the Captain walking the brides down the deck, and standing next to the minister. The cook made three wedding cakes and we had a rocking reception for the 6 of us. Far, Far, Far too much warm Stout, crew too. I honestly don't recall anything that occurred after 9:00 pm. Very bad off the next couple of days, sea sick and hung over.

Still married to the same wonderful gal, 22 years now.

The SV Fantom was lost with all hands in the hurricane Mitch in 1998, after putting passengers and non-essential crew off in Belize. They sailed south as Mitch was heading north and wanted to get beyond the storm to the south, as it had been forecast to continue north, but then it made a left turn and trapped them against the coast, Windjammer went out of business due to the loss and the lawsuits from the families. Heard they started up again, absolutely the best cruise I've ever been on, barefeet and swim suit for a week, good food (not fancy), sailing under the stars, snorkeling / beaching / exploring during the days.
Old 08-08-2015, 10:10 AM
Registered

I didnt read all of the replies but my wife and I got married on the beach about a half mile down the beach from Atlantis and used a wedding planner who got it all organized. I was GREAT! Just what we wanted. This is who we used and her email.

paulette davis [email protected]

If your considering the Bahamas I would highly recommend her. My wife liked her so much that they are still in contact with each other.
Old 08-08-2015, 08:28 PM
Registered

Received 82 Likes on 34 Posts

Talked with my friend and he said they got a steep discount on rooms at Atlantis for hosting their wedding there. He said it came out around the same as other resorts, renting houses/beach cottages, etc.
Old 08-09-2015, 06:44 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Treasure Cay is a beautiful island the people are great the accommodations are great and the food is very good. The island people there like none other it would be the perfect place for your wedding it's like paradise.
Old 08-09-2015, 06:58 AM
Registered

Received 410 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by Xtremeracing
Treasure Cay is a beautiful island the people are great the accommodations are great and the food is very good. The island people there like none other it would be the perfect place for your wedding it's like paradise.
The word wedding and paradise don't belong together!!
Old 08-09-2015, 09:13 AM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 36 Posts

Sorry if it was mentioned I didn't read through the whole thread but I would look into staniel cay. The exumas are ridiculously beautiful in my opinion.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.