Who Does Good Interior in Michigan >

Who Does Good Interior in Michigan

Notices

Who Does Good Interior in Michigan

Old 08-10-2015, 08:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who Does Good Interior in Michigan

Looking to have my interior redone. Who does the best work and runs a reputable business in Michigan. Reputable meaning they stick to their estimate, is responsive and delivers on time.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Michigan is a big state, it is tough to argue with Appearance Products in Grand Rapids. As with many things....cheap, fast, and quality--you can pick two.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:39 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Make the trip down to http://www.xt-innovations.com/ in Ohio. They are a forum member, and NEVER a bad post about them.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:44 PM
Registered

Received 157 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by snowhammer
Michigan is a big state, it is tough to argue with Appearance Products in Grand Rapids. As with many things....cheap, fast, and quality--you can pick two.
+1 for appearance products. Just know that good work doesn't come cheap.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:46 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Make the trip down to http://www.xt-innovations.com/ in Ohio. They are a forum member, and NEVER a bad post about them.
Best around by far. Better then factory stuff in my opinion, they did a bunch of my buddy's boats
Old 08-11-2015, 08:15 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Greatguy66
I've heard the good work does not come cheap song way to manyWhat is the going price complete interior Fourmula Fountain Donzi Bajas etcDoes not have to be spot on just new complete factory interior?Labor or labor&materials
That depends.
25 Baja or 47 Fountain (no comments from the peanut gallery saying they are the same size!!)
What kind of material do you want? Do you need foam redone, or just vinyl. That's too tough to SWAG with your specs.
Old 08-11-2015, 08:37 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
That depends.
25 Baja or 47 Fountain (no comments from the peanut gallery saying they are the same size!!)
What kind of material do you want? Do you need foam redone, or just vinyl. That's too tough to SWAG with your specs.

I got a quote from McCleod when Mike still owned it for like $2500 just for the skins for 2 bolsters/rear bench-small sunpad. I thought that was insane, especially considering I had to still pay to have them installed, plus possible foam, etc.
Old 08-11-2015, 09:34 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I paid a local shop in Michigan $2,000 labor to recover 13 pieces for a center console. I did the removal/install, and I supplied the vinyl, which was about $400 (from MiamiCorp, Biscayne and Endurasoft vinyl). The shop supplied the proper marine thread and stainless staples, and my foam/backers were good. I'm still trying to recover over $1200 deposit to a different shop that did nothing beside use my interior as a doormat. I'm a little gunshy, and I'm going to be apprehensive putting forth a deposit for anything more than material costs next time.

If I had it to do over, I would have saved myself some trouble and made the trip to XT.

Last edited by Speedracer29; 08-11-2015 at 09:49 AM.
Old 08-11-2015, 09:40 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
I got a quote from McCleod when Mike still owned it for like $2500 just for the skins for 2 bolsters/rear bench-small sunpad. I thought that was insane, especially considering I had to still pay to have them installed, plus possible foam, etc.
That sounds right in line.
What you expect to pay in labor? (McCleod's labor to cut and sew the skins)
15 hours @ $100/hour & another $1000 in materials; burying overhead (lights, rent, etc.), and a little profit...
I don't call that outrageous.
Old 08-11-2015, 01:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

an '08 that's need new interior already? .. Mines a '98 & I'm just starting to think about re freshening over the winter, I know McLeod Design just re opened under new management, I'd like to hear about any recent work before going that route.. otherwise XT is where I'm heading when boating season is done

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.